Kindle users, kindly help!

Sugeeth
Sugeeth
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hi Kindle users, i have some queries regarding the usage of kindle, can someone kindly answer my queries, most of them relevant to annotions and exporting notes.

1. Can any document ( some of our own documents like pdf files) be converted to kindle supported format using whispernet and read in kindle, edited and notes exported?

2. What is the max word/character limit that can be exported for books purchased direct from Amazon?

3. How easy/tough is it to copy these notes from the website cloud to a 3rd party editing/digital archiving center like Evernote or an app like MS Word?

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi Sugeeth, I am a Kindle user but I have not come up with these questions myself. So its all new to me but I find it very interesting. 

But great thoughts... let me see if I can get more info on this one.

Sugeeth
Sugeeth
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Hemal, can you kindly try these options on your kindle and let me know the results?

Mayur
Mayur
from goa
11 years ago

Sorry for the late reply but i just now saw the post.  Sir you are asking about the kindle ebook reader right?. My kindle is 1.5 years old so dont know what new features they have added since. My kindle is the old keyboard wi-fi model (no 3g).  I know you can convert pdf files to kindle format using the calibre software not sure if you can convert it through whispernet. (If the pdf files is made of scanned photos you cant convert it). Frankly amazon provides close to nothing software tools for the kindle. But the open-source software calibre comes as a life saver here. It is like the itunes for kindle. It has lots of features never actually tried them exept the conversion ones. I am really sorry but my exams are going and so i wont be able to test all your needs on my kindle at this moment. I hope you have already found answers for your queries. If not i will be free from 4th dec and it will be my pleasure to try all your queires on the kinlde. Sorry for not being able to help you earlier.

LockSign in to reply to this thread