What's your way of featuring contest posts in your blog?

Sulagna Dasgupta
Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
11 years ago

If you have a topic-specific blog (as opposed to a personal blog) - say a tech blog/travel blog/Bollywood blog...etc.. - how do you manage to post Indiblogger contest related entries in your blog? Usually the topics of such contests are pretty off-beat and difficult to gel in with your usual blog topic. (e.g. take the recent Sunsilk straight hair contest - I find it pretty challenging to blend that in into anything likely to be a usual blog niche! Sealed)

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

good thought Sulagna.... another friend had taken up the same issue in another thread.... anyway... our roof or courtyard is also not a cricket ground right? till then we let our kids to play those games there... so it's all about the synchronisation of our need, interest and resources Smile

Sulagna Dasgupta
Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Excellent analogy Anunoy...caused me to sit back and think for a few seconds...

However the tiny problem is that you're not trying to attract people to your home, calling it a cricket ground & then disappointing them with your courtyard... :( 

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

well... for bloggers the interest behind those contests is simply grabbing the gift pack and chances of grabbing it has nowhere any relevance with number of readers or comments or votes... so, just put the post mentioning beforehand that it's an innocent attempt from author's part to win a contest in blogosphere and hopefully your readers will excuse you once a while for such off-niche posting... what do you think?Smile

Sulagna Dasgupta
Sulagna Dasgupta
from Mumbai
11 years ago

hmmm...you're right...honesty is the best (and the only ;) ) policy sometimes.. :D Did I say sometimes? I meant always. :P ;)

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

yup Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread