Do blog aggregators provide traffic to your blog?

Abhinav R
Abhinav R
from Kottayam
11 years ago

I would like to know if any one here gets regular visitors from blog aggregators (I am not naming them, hope everyone knows). Earlier, just after I started blogging, I had been using many of these with a hope that they will provide visitors. But nothing happened, and I eventually removed all those badges from the blog.What is your experience? Another problem is the badges they ask us to put on our blog while signing up (that is we should link back to them). They make the sidebar and footer cluttered. I have seen many blogs with a long list of these badges on the sidebar. I have another doubt : Will a lot of links with these sites make our blog suspicious in the eyes of Google? (that’s my doubt, did anyone hear like that?)But Indiblogger is nice. It is a community rather than an aggregator. There is also lot of engagement here. Moreover it doesn’t compel anyone to put the badges. So Indiblogger is really useful and great. It is the only one I am actively using now.So,

• What is your opinion?
  • If you are getting visitors, then what percent? Which are the useful sites?
  • And what about compulsory badges and widgets? 
Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Abhinav R
Abhinav R
from Kottayam
11 years ago

No opinions...no one.. ?!!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hi Abhinav,

Cant comment on % of traffic, but I personally see them as a good place for getting a few juicy link backs. Besides, we never really knows who might follow us from where. So , no harm in registering up. Smile

Aryaansh Sood
Aryaansh Sood
from Chandigarh
11 years ago

Hey Abhinav ,

My experiences are not that great with all this .

But i would like to share one thing that

THE CONTENT matters the most .

and the social engagement (FACEBOOK, Twitter, Google+ and others) the second best thing to engage in.These badges would only provide a specific following to your and is not guaranteed .It can for once divert a maximum traffic to your blog . But it does guarantee to keep it constant.If you really want to increase your traffic , nothing can be better than Google Adwords.But they are not free.

LockSign in to reply to this thread