Judicial reforms essential to punish Rapist ? Suggest by Email to the Judge

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

As long as judicial reforms are not undertaken majority of the rapists will get away with lot of loopholes.   The ground reality is that such crimes are treated as money making opportunity which should be blocked.  Let us have the judges deciding the case on merits without Lawyers getting into the picture.   I am wonderstuck how can rapist or murderer get away scot free for lack of evidence, a smart counsel can hoodwink for sake of protecting the client.   The benefit of doubt is passed on and the accused moves forward bolder. In case some of us feel privacy is the best option to forward suggestion than please write your suggestions to the judge appointed under Home Ministry.   The email address is  usha.mehracommission@nic.in  Debate guys

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: spelling
Replies 1 to 18 of 18 Descending
umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

All evidence is available for the criminals to be convicted why is it taking so long to file a charge sheet and begun the trial in the case of Nirbhaya

seeing you active after so many months. kudos dude. welcome back. I feel implementation of law should become more effecient. government should enrol more and more unemployed youth into policing net. Drinking and roaming streets should be frisked and disallowed.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Well buddy it is good to take hiatus, but this issue has become an igniting spark that i had to express concern.   I agree with your suggestion that civil defence volunteers should be employed to round up eve teasers, Delhi is supposed to have the best network of civil defence because Kiran Bedi was involved, we may even request to be back on duty for this cause across India, i am sure she will ensure quick justice and pro active measures.

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I would just agree with what Pramod said.. well the first part that is.. :) 

ITs great to see you active Umesh. The forum surely misses you!

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

FIR should be enabled on line or on SMS for crimes in general, why should a victim or their relatives go hunting which police he or should file FIR.   Let the cops come out of their office and take an on the spot assessment.   This is the biggest hurdle in the system of justice.

many instances i have read, recently a case where a dead body lay and dogs feasting on it and police fighting for which jurisdiction the body lay. 

Another instance in my village a dacoity was taking place and a person saw nearest railway police station and tried to call them but again jurisdiction issue came up. 

proper coordination among all police pickets, awarding officers occasionally boosting their morale. proper vigyl with all hitech gadgets too is needed

Just  a thought :

In China many leading stores hire occassionally people to be pretending to steal and get caught and beaten up in ful l public view, so that nobody attempts stealing there.

Now these hounds should be adorned with shoe garland , blackened faces, tied to asses, and paraded throughout India as a deterrant for others contemplating on those lines. 

Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

From what you have written, I think that I am beginning to appreciate China more.

In China, they also execute politicians and government bureaucrats who are convicted of being corrupt.

In India, if we executed corrupt politicians and government bureaucrats then there would no longer be ANY politicians and government bureaucrats!

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Any crime committed anywhere in India, should be filed at the nearest police station either by the victim or witness.   Or filing should be made Online, let it be centralised under Home Ministry and forwarded to respectively police station.   I believe the Home minister should be held responsible for tracking all FIRs and he should answer to the parliament on monthly basis and the same should be released to press.   Any public member should be able to locate or trace status of the case filed online

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hello Pramod with your new pen name i was not able to recognise you in the melee, at last i looked into Forum Hero and found that you are the same old wine in a new bottle.   Cheers for 2013Wink

now umesh ji, happy new year, and i seriously hope somebody doesn't add s to the wine. rock on.

Micky Fernandez
Micky Fernandez
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Judicial reforms will do nothing if the police do not get off their fat a**es, file FIRs and investigate.

Police reforms will do nothing because they are more interested in protecting politicians and government bureaucrats than in protecting the productive people who actually pay them (i.e., the tax-payers).

Political reforms will do nothing because politicians and government bureaucrats rely on the judiciary to approve the laws that are rammed down their throat.

Judicial reforms will ...

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Judicial reforms have to be cleared in the parliament, and the politicians are not interested in tightening the noose around their neck MF

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Sometimes, FIRs against the accused are rcorded with avoidable lacunaes. And such faulty FIRs don't hold water at the time of Judicial scrutiny. Judicial reforms is the need of the hour. But then, the system of recording FIRs at police stations needs to be thoroughly overhauled.

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

FIR should be filed on line later it should be duty of the concerned police station to begin investigation.   Why should citizen go hunting for police station.  It is duty of the police to protect, they are paid for it.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

The Spureme Court has suggested some reforms in the realm of fililing FIRs way back in 2006. But the political class didn't comply with sucg suggestions.

nice points put up.@ Easwar. 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

FIR should be enabled online to ensure that it is circulated to the concerned station, basically it is wrong to decide the effectiveness of policing station wise by number of cases registered.  The tracking of crimes based on last years complaints too is shody parameter.   We should enable FIRs to be registered on line or by post or in person in any police station of choice.   Any cop who takes money for filing FIR should be suspended pending investigation

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

In the Delhi rape case, it is said that the police has prepared charge sheet running 1000 odd pages. They may persue the case to its logical conclusion and get stringent punishment for the accused. The matter doesn't rest there. Even after the Court punishing the guilty, there arise another lacunae in the form of President's Mercy Grant. So, all future judicial reforms should give no room for the accuses particularly in rape cases to get away with Prsident's Mercy Grant and make mockery of Courts' judgements. I dare say that the President's power to grant mercy to rape accused should be withdrawn.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

In India, there are some times scenarios where the Police would make the poor witness pay for by making him the guilty - a case that I have personally witnessed. 

But its not about only the government, its not only about its also about people. 

One of friends, who has a hotel, is used to pay hafta to police in the from of Biryanis at his hotel for free and INR 6000 a month so that they dont trouble him. He does that out of force, because otherwise the police then will create tantrums and create unwanted trouble for him. However, two days ago, he got beaten by a Police SI just because he was standing outside his hotel (closed) at 11.30 PM. He was taken to the Police station, charged of having his shop opened after prescribed time even though the Hotel was closed. 

Since he was taken to the Police Station, he called up a couple of people he knows who are known to be powerful. After a couple of calls, he is let free with paying a small fine of INR 1200. The other constables who knew him told him that the S.I. normally does not do it, but reportedly his boss had asked him to extend his shift and has already handled 3 very difficult cases since the morning. The only reason he could have hit my friend is because he was pissed with his boss!

Though my friend was right in this scenario, him calling up powerful people in his contacts and his subsequent release quickly is a sign that we are all aware off, and which leads to people be let off in case of crimes. Police & people should be following the law always, and not act based on your state of mind. 

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

* But its not about only the government, its not only Police, about its also about People. 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Even after paying protection money if a hotelier is harassed by a cop than he should ensure that he goes to the judiciary or Lok Ayukta to get these people arrested.  I believe if the cops are not honest than the whole process of democracy will be paralysed.  What is the shopkeepers union doing, they should have asked for suspension of the culprit.

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

In case of the rape cases for immediate period, I am having mixed thoughts. For one, the capital punishment should not be established as part of the law because this may lead to killing by the rapists so that they are not caught but at the same time should be the harshest of the punishments. 

I guess the biggest step we all should protest for will be to redo the entire Law from Scratch and tighten the noose around criminal activites including Rape, so that there are no loop holes. 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I am afraid there will be no space in the jail, if more and more rape cases are booked, so the obvious solution is death penalty to reduce the burden on the jail accomodation ironically.  Alternatively they can be sent to Andaman Nicobar to live a tribal life.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I think we are playing into the hands of the government. Government will always be happy to enact stricter laws as long as the law does not focus on politicians and bureucrats like Lok Pal. As one article in rediff said - Srticter laws is giving more power into the hands of the corrupt governance mechanism to harrass the citizenry. All the powerful are never going to be convicted whatever laws you make.

If they make rape charges easy to frame and stricter punishment, I will totally stop interacting with any women outside my family.  Who knows when someone might frame a false charge against you? I remember when I joined my first job, we had a presentation on anti sexual harrassment policy of the company. In the next few days, we had to do some group work as part of the training and I was a group leader. There was one girl who was not at all contributing to the team efforts (she was from my college and already had a reputation as a slacker) and I communucated the same to her. Then my male friends scared me so much that now you have pissed her off and she will frame you in some sexual harrassment case, I went and tendered an unconditional apology to her and then kept my distance , though I had said nothing wrong as such. (Even the other girls in the group backed me on this. But still I thought rather safe than sorry) 

there is a saying, any problem should  not be let to persist and tackle it at first instance. you performed a sagely act fool.

my stance is : fitstly all the efforts should be to prevent such happenings. ideas should be called for measures to thwart it. 

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Nothing can be done to prevent rapes. If one establish a 'Ram Rajya', one can hope such thing won't happen. Since we live in a heartless nation, we need stringent laws to be enacted jut to put the fear of god in the minds of rapists and prevent them from doing such heinous crime.

fear is needed, but we have to dig deep into the roots of it too. most crimes are perpetrated under influence of alcohol. This case to we see all were in fully intoxicated state when they committed crime. If we can have some law as to control people coming out on roads in intoxicated state to be a crime in itself, like we see in Gujrat. A lot changes may be seen. we need strong Licquor policy

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Licquor policy on the lines of the Gujrat state may followed in all states.

Just felt like saying it.:

Make India rape free nation by 2014.

The way : step one :  Do a sex change operation of these rapists and make them girls.

step two : Transmitters be fitted at the time of operation to keep track on them. 

step three : leave them in different notorious areas singularly  at night in provocative dress and keep silent vygyl on them.

step four : Let them be raped and tattered and blosterd to pieces and at the last hour nab the rapists red handed and get their sex change                                    operation done too.

step five : like this 10 cases and I feel all rapists will flee our country. 

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Lolz very good suggestion, i believe it should be implemented on trial basis

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Rio, I could understand your righteous anger and how you are emotionally moved.

yes easwar, the way media is behaving is disgusting and serious all round efforts are utmost needed. 

Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
11 years ago

Police have very limited role in preventing crime like rape. It is reported that there are total 4835 MPs and MLA in the country, 1448 are facing criminal charge. Who elected these 1448. Is police elected them? No. If people mirrored their images in this type of criminal politician then result will be the same what we are seeing.  Nirbhaya case is open where even convicts have excepted their guilt and asked for capital punishment so we should not delay their execution but in other  rape case

there are instance where more than 30% reported rape cases are false or filed with ill motive. so we need to be very careful but if case if established then punishment must be exemplary punishment.  And we need to censor our censor board because after censoring the movie these bollywood people are polluting the mind of young generation on the name of artistic display. 

rightly said dude

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Well false cases of Rapes too have to be dealt with stringent punishment.   The concerned should be jailed and photo published for public knowledge

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Political parties and their spin doctors now standing at house-tops and comdemning rape, must not give tickets to those against whom reape charges are framed to contest in elections at least in future. Will they come forward to do such a thing. Nope.

Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
11 years ago

You are right sir,  But giving or not giving ticket is not in our hand so we cann't do any things to that but voting  is in our hand so why you are giving vote to such candidates.so let first we do what we can do then the political parties will automatically follow.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

I wrote to show how hypocites are the politicians and political parties. All are devils. So, which devil you would vote for.

LockSign in to reply to this thread