Will Change in Rules Help us in Eliminating Rape Cases In our Country???

Ankit Sahay
Ankit Sahay
from banglore
11 years ago

So far as my View is concerned it will not for sure because Rules are just a Binding but People get carried away and these bounds are crossed to break them.

What is required is the Change in Mentality and Human Behaviour and nothing else ,until and unless our environment is not apt we are not SAFE....

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Changing of mind-sets and bringing about congenial environment are depending on the deportment of an individual. To make an individual to conform to a cretain public behavior, we need rules and laws. Simply because some laws are bent or circumvented for the benefit of a few people, they cant be brushed aside ad bad.Stringet laws and their imlementation make people more law-abiding.

well said sir g

God Knows, bro.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

I agree  this Delhi crime has created fear psychoisis even  in those who are normally stoic. It gas also opened an unprecedented emotional upheval in people. On the other day I read an amusing letter written by one reader to the editor. He pleads vehemently for the cancellation of ration cards issued to the rapists along with their voting rights too.Gosh! Every citizen of this country is so revolted against this Delhi crime that they come out with various ideas of punishment to the rapists. Their righteous anger is a good sign.

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Its not good if there's no solution being put up. Government only does something when it comes on tv. Just like that guy who was with Damini. He given an interview on zee tv out of which a part of it was shown because the rest of it had gruesome details what would put us in shame even more than before and then possibility would exist that people will tend to take law into their own hands.

Rules isn't the solution to end rape. You can't change anyone by imposing rules on them. 

Until and unless the person itself realizes that what they are doing is wrong, this would never stop. What we need to focus on is changing the mindset of the people. Making them realize what is wrong and what is right. Making sure that they have equal respect for all in the society. Converting the 'beasts' into 'humans'.

We need to tackle the situation before the crime happens, and not after it.

Bhavana Sagar
Bhavana Sagar
from Singrauli
11 years ago

Rightly said Ritvik. there is nothing wrong with our rules...they are strong enough. What is wrong is the mindset of people who think girls are for using and abusing. Also the society which so easily blames the girl whenever anything like that happens. In the recent case, there were many people I know who said 'Why was she there in the first place!!' 

We have to bring a radical change in the mindset of people by enlightening their minds. 

Bhavana

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

I agree with Bhavana Sagar. The growing incidence of these heinous crimes of rapes is a sad reflection of the degenerating social ecosystem that echoes the past where women were suppressed, devoid of respect. For some inexplicable reason, even today's society is averse to a modern, self-assured woman who dares to break the mould.

Bhavana Sagar
Bhavana Sagar
from Singrauli
11 years ago

rape is a crime which has been present ever since the society came into existence. The only way to curb it is to make our girls strong ehough to resist. Also ensure swift punishment to the guilty.

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Of course , you nailed it. Change in mentality and human behaviour..Feelings can't be controlled...nor any rules would aim to eliminate such things. This is my view. This is sad but harsh things do happen in this country. Such things should be nipped in the bud!

LockSign in to reply to this thread