IPL Compensation Plan

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Last year Jadeja was the most valuable player of IPL auctions and he came cropper almost with miserable performances.   The BCCI is planning to implement auction in Indian currency rather than dollars for foreign players too due to currency fluctuation.  Earlier the dollar was pegged at Rs 40 per dollar, in view of devaluation it has now touched Rs 55 which has upset all franchisee budgets.   It is natural that correction is undertaken and be compensated with performance bonus.  I suggest that every batsmen be compensated at 25 k per run and every bowler 200 k per wicket which means a batsmen scoring minimum 10 runs per match means he earns 2.5 lakhs per match.   If he scores a duck but takes two wickets, he gets 4 lakhs.   And why not each catch be rewarded at 10 k and run out at 10 k too.  So a good performance on a day in terms of all rounder will fectch for 20 runs scored 2 wickets and 2 catches taken would mean 9.2 lakhs earning, oh what a incentive and the excitement will follow to ensure optimal performance.  Debate pros and cons guys

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Who would want to bat an entire day in tests or toil bowling 30 overs when they can earn that sort of obscene money making 10 cheap runs or claiming a wicket off slogs? IPL has already ruined Indian cricket, we are not even winning in India now. Our batsmen are becoming incapable of batting out even 50 overs now. IPL has ruined world cricket.
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I was always recommending for IPL to be declared professional cricket and such cricketers playing IPL should be eligible for T20 to represent India and not other formats of the game.   There should be seperate one day team and test team, it would bring back some sanity in cricket.   Further when cricketers are paid obscene money there should be blood and gory battle.  We should not allow all those protective gears, except abdomen guards and gloves.   Let us have shivers down the spine.

umesh derebail
umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

The IPL compensation plan would make the game more exciting and performance oriented, but there is always a danger that this would lead to betting racket unofficially.   I believe the corporates should now move towards making betting official.  Underground betting should still be banned

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

I'm not fond of the IPL. All the big bucks earned in 30 or 40 days... the international calendar then means close to nothing for players. IPL being made professional or official and getting window and all that is not going to help Indian cricket in my opinion. Scoring a duck and taking two wickets to get 4 lakhs... India needs to develop! Each cricketer getting such amounts for playing ninety minutes of cricket on the field and one minute in batting for a duck is obscene. I know people are cricket fanatics, but such amounts into the coffer of players and BCCI, and not being put to use is something that really bothers me at least.

LockSign in to reply to this thread