Here’s one for the (All Time) Heroes!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

We all know the monthly forum heroes are already here! But before we get down to welcoming them, I just thought of having this final lap of honour for all the all timers here, who have been active in this place for a really long length of time! Cool It was a huge huge matter of pride and a thing of joy – to have learnt so much, to have shared so much and to have... well, just been there...

So here’s a salute to this most awe-inspiring place for all that we have been and a cheers to all that we will be! Hip Hip... Hurray! Smile

PS: A request for Renie - Can we get a screenshot of the last updated all time hero list (before it was taken down) to treasure it here as a memoir, please? :)

Replies 1 to 13 of 13 Descending

Salute! Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks Ritvik and you are going great guns yourself Cool

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Salute to myself and others! Smile

@Arti Choose your screenshot from the many available here: http://web.archive.org/web/20120601000000*/http://www.indiblogger.in/forum Cool

Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks for thisSmile But Aila, my name appear as Charastu Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Download the web page and edit the HTML source. Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ranjith - The IndiWonder of the Forum! I salute you too esp. for all your lovely smiles that you spread all across the forum Smile

Wow, this web archive is new to me. I tried to source the "last updated forum hero list" from the many available options there but couldn't get it. Is it not there or is there something I am missing out? Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@ Arti Just visit the link above and click on any of the dates which have a blue circle around them and you will be taken to the corresponding page.

For some dates, there are multiple archives. Just hover over the date and you will be presented with some links, each pointing to a different snapshot taken on that day.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks a ton, Ranjith! I get that and I have taken this one. Smile

congo's to one and all

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Yes Pji, congo's to you too... still leading the pack.. Smile

thanks leo, god knows how long i will be able to mentain the slot. but still.

Leo
Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Sigh Frown Just when I was so close to catching up with Arti. Tongue outInnocent

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Cheer up, Leo Innocent  Dont worry, you were far behind! Tongue out

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

For the past 1 year, I was thinking I would make it to the all time list. Never even knew how close or how far I was from getting there. I have seen some folks in the all time list who have never posted during my period of activity here, but could never catch up with them.

I see now I am on the monthly list, though I have not been particularly posting more this month than any time else. So even more surprising why I never caught up to the all time list. By the way on another forum I was part of, they used to give titles to people based on landmarks in terms of number of posts like 250, 500, 1000, 2000 etc. It will be good if Indi also gives out titles to be displayed under name. (IndiPolice also will be nice to display under name)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

When I was new to the forum, none of the members having any badges was one of the first things I liked. Of course, I was wondering why Renie was so interested in having the link of the plagarised post! Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

By the way, you are a hero of IndiTalk, standing at the second position with 18574 chat posts! Surprised

congo's fool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

By the way, I like the titles now because I will probably get one! Tongue out (which wasn't the case when I was new to the forum Tongue out )

Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

Where is the chat posts number put now? Undecided

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Yes, Ranjith. Where do you see these chat heroes. Have I really been chatting that much?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Found them myself Cool Of couse, not by manually browsing all the thousand pages and updating an excel sheet. 

If you want, if will give you that software... 

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks for your reply, TF. Better late than never... very glad to see you taking a place, truly well deserved. Congrats! Smile

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ranjith I would love to see the software!! Can you share that?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

SureSmile I will post the link here by tomorrow evening.

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Congrats to PL bhai  and all others :D

thanks Solitary.

is this what you were looking for Arti ji,

umesh derebail
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks for upload dear Pramod, well monthly forum heroes is a new concept, well i don t want to be part of the rat race Lolz

mention not , umesh ji, seeing Amitabh bachhan being compared with Ajmal Kasab, by a poet, I toooo would not want the top slot. Lest.....,

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Yes pji... and though it's not the latest, but still so good to have. Thanks Pramodji, really appreciated! :)

Edited Innocent -->

.. And +1 Umeshji - Contribution is the focus here, recognition just a perk.. Couldnt agree more!

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

haha.. could not agree with you more @Umesh.. but the Rat race here is a good thing... for the forum in general.. 

abhin@v
abhin@v
from mumbai
11 years ago

WOW! So many changes happening to this place. I am not sure but I feel that the forum will be a lot more active because of this new concept.

Secondly, I also feel that the all time heroes widget should not be removed totally. If it is possible, then maybe on some pages we can have the all time heroes and on others, the monthly heroes. I honestly feel that the all time heroes have put in a lot of effort and invested a lot of time with this platform to get that recognition.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks for your reply, abhi and it's great to see you getting back to forumming again! :) I vaguely recall seeing the all time heroes featured in one of the pages on Indi long back, now I cant remember where... Innocent

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

lol... well this one, as Umesh rightly said, will be more of a rat race :) and I am out of it too... hehe

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Hemal .... me too, though I do sometimes miss seeing all of us there..

DS
DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Why the final lap of honor? We can have all time heroes on the Forum Page while we have monthly heroes on the Indiblogger Home Page. What say?
Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I'm OK with all options. Even if it means that there is no option to feature all time heroes.

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
I am also OK with all options Ani. Is it difficult coding what I have suggested?
Animesh
from Mumbai
11 years ago

No it is not at all difficult Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@DS... Trust Renie and co to be having some concrete reasons for not implementing it so, even though we all asked for it.

Perhaps we could try and analyse this from the other side of the window like for ex. -

There's a chance for the two lists getting redundant at various points in time which defeats the entire purpose and makes it a bit complicted too?

Or perhaps this way, the all timers are also pushed to be more active than what they usually might be?  ..What say? Undecided

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Dunno!! I still feel that there is enough space for both the sets to co-exist!

Leo
from Bengaluru
11 years ago

I agree with DS... and also, if Renie can put it in Dashboard or something as to how many replies a blogger has in the Indiforum, it'd be good.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hey, look what I found - http://www.indiblogger.in/hall_of_fame/

Kind of buried somewhere... yeah, but still... WE All are still there! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Archaeologist! Smile

great find Arti.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago
When you cant invent... discover ;)
Pratik Thorat
Pratik Thorat
from Kalyan
11 years ago

A salute to all time Heroes from my side, and also as TF said putting badges after the name would be nice to see and it will encourage others.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thanks Pratik, and yep... it's a good suggestion but the only thing that I dislike about it is the oldie/newbie divide it threatens to create among the various members here based on the number of replies. But it's a personal opinion... so please feel free to voice your suggestions here. If the team and the other members like it, it sure can be implemented. Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I agree with Arti here.. the badges are for your blog :) 

Ankita Singhal
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Kudos to all the heroes!!

PS- when I read the topic I was like "Oh, I can brag about my fav. hero of all time (Jace wayland)" :)

jace is nowhere compared to our heroes. This is real place and no script writers. no directors. Just raw truth. Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Heehee, yeah... we also excel in stupid tact's like these to help people in Laughing

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Hehe... Rio... I was just telling how I get to open this topic... any anyway.. Jace is a different kind of hero and you guys are different so of cours there is no comparision!!!! 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Here is a small software which I have created ( related to IndiTalk )

Using this, you can:

• Find the top users of IndiTalk 
  • Find the number of posts made by you on IndiTalk
  • Find your rank ( according to the number of posts made by you )  ( Use the Top Users feature: Click on the column heading 'Member ID' to sort it )
  • View all the messages posted by you and the conversation

Here are the links to download the software (use any one ) :

After downloading it, unzip ( for RAR file ) or run ( for self extracting archive ) and open the file 'IndiTalk Desktop Application.jar'

Note: The Chat Viewer functionality is very messy. Please bear with it till I create a better one.

Screenshots:

Do post a reply here if you have downloaded it.

I am currently planning to manke an Android app for IB. Smile

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Dude This is AWESOME!!!

I will surely test it once i am at home.

DS
from Mumbai
11 years ago
Does it work on a Mobile?
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

AWESOME, Ranjith! Kudos! Off to download it right away!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@ DS No, it doesn't work on mobile. It is a desktop Java application.

@ Hemal @ Arti You wouldn't  be saying the same words after you download and try to read the chat posts in the chat viewer. You will see HTML, &211s (I don't know those codes ) and all sorts of things. I could have rectified them. Will try to do it this weekend.

Beware of the size. After extracting the ZIP, you will have to bid good byte to 750 MB of your hard disk space! This was something I did some two to three months back for fun. So, did not care about such huge file sizes.

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Ranjith, done with downloading and extracting.. phew! Some errors cropping up on my side - java.lang.nullpointerexception and files not found Innocent Will see more of this tomorrow.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@ Arti The word NullPointer itself makes me tremble! Cry

Did you download the RAR file or the self extracting archive?

If you can, open the 'exceptions' folder, upload those files somewhere ( dropbox or anywhere else ) and send me the link. There will be some 3 or 4 files, each a KB or even less.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Update

Glad to announce an update even before a day of sharing the software. Tongue out

For those who have already downloaded the software:

• Step 1: Delete the 'IndiTalk Desktop App.jar' file ( Delete only this one file. Not the whole thing)
  • Step 2: Download the following file and put in the same place from where you have deleted the previous file. ( Don't worry about downloading a huge file again. This file is just 100 KB Smile )  Link

For those who haven't downloaded the software, use these links ( any one ) 

After downloading it, unzip ( for RAR file ) or run ( for self extracting archive ) and open the file 'IndiTalk Desktop Application.jar'

The new feature added is HTML Viewer.

You can read the conversations in your browser. 

Steps to be followed:

> Click the HTML Viewer tab on the top

> Enter your Member ID and the surrounding count ( Ex: If you enter the number 7, seven messages before and after your chat messages will also be shown )

> Your browser window (example shown below ) opens showing your conversations.

If you click on the word 'Link' beside a name, you will be taken to the corresponding page on IndiBlogger Archives.

You can view my IndiTalk archive HTML document here to see if it is worthy for you to download the software. Smile

This method is recommended rather than the other 'Chat Viewer' option.

Currently smileys are displayed as characters i.e. Smile is displayed as :). I will fix that thing soon ( may be tomorrow )

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@ Arti For the time being, here is your archive HTML document with 7 surrounding messages. Link ( 2 MB )

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Ranjith I downloaded the RAR file and now it's working perfectly fine! The working is a breeze and though I think a bit of job still remains, but still this is some brilliant work from you! Hats off and all the best for your app project, also if possible share that here too. Smile

Btw, I am standing at position no. 69 in chat leaderboard with an impressive 301 chats, way behind everyone else Innocent .. How about manipulating the software data and promoting me a little bit higher? Cool

great ranjith. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@ Arti This was initially not meant to be distributed and so it lags in certain things.

Will surely share the Android app once it gets ready. If I don't share it here, who would download it?  Tongue out

And, for making your rank better, bribe me with some chocolates! SealedSmile

@ Pramod Thank you Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Ranjith Beware! You are asking for bribe right under the nose of 1, 2, 3.... 5 -> 5 IndiPolice! Surprised You better watch out! Tongue out

Pssssst: Get going with the work, chocolates will be delivered Cool

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Sorry to be the last one to respond here...

Arti - Awesome! You have captured the essense of this forum on this thread.. One place where we all can come back again when we loose momentum. 

Pramod - You are a Star.. 

Ranjith - the app idea, can you create something on Android or iOS yet?

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Thank you very much Hemal and you really have been an awesome, inspirational and an amazing hero right throughout. Glad to still see your name in the list along with many other heroes here. Way to go! :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

Yes, I am going to make an Android app for IndiBlogger. I was thinking of doing it since a few months but there was never a driving force. Now, we need to submit something in our college as a part of our proficiency. So, the app would serve a dual purpose. And with such an app, I would probably be getting a prize. Smile

The only problem I am facing is 403 errors. Undecided I wish that IB had an API. Frown

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

The Android app would ( hopefully ) be ready by mid march because that is the deadline for our submissions. Wink

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Arti Thank you very much! Cool but you could cut short the long list of accolades.. InnocentWink

@Ranjith how I wish others would have similar thoughts - one bullet, two birds Laughing all the best for the IndiApp Project

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

@ Hemal So, even you are creating a mobile App?

Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Ranjith I do wish to, but nope I dont even know what code is used. 

On Android, we can using HTML5 Canvas and strong JS, but I have never built one. But sure in near future, I am going to learn more about it. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
11 years ago

I am on the other side of the coin. I never created a web page using HTML and JS. All that I do is use Front Page, no CSS, javascript snippets copied from the web and so on... Undecided

Android uses Java. The above thing I created was also in Java. For builing desktop GUI's, Netbeans has a good drag and drop interface, reducing much of our work. There exists a similar tool for Android also ( on Eclipse ) but the comfort it offers is much less than that offered by NetBeans for GUI applications.

thanks hemal.

LockSign in to reply to this thread