Who gives birth to terrorism??!!

Ankita Singhal
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
11 years ago

One of the most hottest topic these days is the Speech of Sushil Kumar Shinde "Union home minister" where he had accused BJP and RSS of conducting terror training camps and promoting “Hindu terrorism” (Quite offending if you ask me).

On NDTV with an interview with Barkha Dutt, SRK commented something like "all terrorists are muslims but all muslims are not terrorist."

Many people suggest --- Maoist should be declare terrorist.

All these statement made me think ---(a)Who really gives birth to terrorism? What really is terrorism?? (I am not talking about the definition here)(b)Is it fair to accuse each other rather then acting upon eradicating this "terrorism"?(c)Are castes bigger then humanity??

PS-- I don't want to make this topic political or bring up casteism (do not accuse any particular cast here). just have a healthy discussion.

Edited 11 years ago
Reason: Forgot to add "NOT"
Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending

well, terrorism is very confusing thing. A terrorist or his group believes themselves to be saviors of their (religion, caste, or nation). He or his group believes to be getting a reward of heaven, but in reality may be rotting in 7th hell. (god knows). 

these creatures can be found everywhere. Now a clear definition is need of the hour on "fight on terror". My opinion is that when one gives a name of religion to a terrorist , the fight against terrorism weakens that very second. 

first thing that is needed is "No name of any religion what so ever be given to a terrorist. people are misled in the name of religion and their group grows in leaps and bounds.

politicians are nuts whose careless statements help the group leaders to qote and mislead innocentz.

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
11 years ago

@Rio De La Sciocco I agree with you, I moment it's given a caste, The fight against it weakens. We divided people in defending their castes...

Shalu Sharma
Shalu Sharma
from Patna, Delhi
11 years ago

What ever the case maybe, Congress Party appears anti-Hindu. 

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
11 years ago

PreS--Though I said earlier, I don't want to it to be political but I have to say this... (apologies for voiding the rules)

You are right Shalu Sharma... and when they learn to raise above castes-ism, they can think about doing the right thing. by that I mean DOING not just giving long speeches.

A lot of courage needed to see impartially.

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I agree... Hmm... and a good leader is someone who is above all this.. who is impartial.

Easwar Arumugam
Easwar Arumugam
from Chennai
11 years ago

Terrorists are misguided creatures. There is a world wide net work that pick up young guys and feed them with hatred against a particular nation. Terrorists have no caste as they belong to a world where vengeance is the mantra.Cry

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
11 years ago

sadly yes :(

sadest thing is the brainwashing of the innocents then making those "once Innocents" kill other innocents....

rightly said

uniquerockrz
uniquerockrz
from Kolkata
11 years ago
Well, terrorism is all that spreads fear. People do it for a number of reasons, but if you look at the history, you will see thats its born in one of the poorest and ignored sections of the society. Look at Afganisthan/Pakisthan, or Jharkhand/Midnapur in West Bengal. Be it LeT, or Maoist, these regions were largely ignored and people there even didnt have basic aminities. They lost their trust in the govt., and that gave rise to violence. Recently in US, there have been number of cases of shootouts and mass killings. A section of the youth is not happy the way things are, and take violence as the option. We can hope as more cooperation between the nations rise, and basic needs gets fulfilled in the third world countries, terrorism will cease away. Just my humble opinion.

good wish, but as long as hate producing leaders continue to use the poor, nothing gonna change.  

Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
11 years ago

for other country there may be other reasons but  for  India, our democracy is main cause for terrorism.

Ram, our govts have failed in countering terrorism. that's all. we shouldn't shun democracy. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Democracy for a country like ours is nonsense, Mr. PL. Giving votes to people who don't have food is a cruel joke.

Ram A Singh
Ram A Singh
from Silvassa
11 years ago

But why our govt. failed because of vote bank and democracy required vote bank.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Terrorism has been part of human society and will continue to be.  6 billion people in the world can not agree on every matter. The people in power have to use force of arms to enforce their point of view. So as an equal and opposit reaction, there are going to be splinter groups indulging in armed resistance that we call terrorism. But this inevsitable fact is scary with the coming of nuclear and bilogical weapons. Some of the armed groups are suicidal cults that can decide this unfair world is not worth living and may easily end the world.

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
11 years ago

People talk about founder of a relegion killing 900 people to impose his idealogy. Is it really different from USA killing thousands of people to impose democracy on a certain nation? In fact idealogies and relegions are the same things, just that the former has an entity called God at its center while the later do not. In fact more wars have been fought and more lives taken over the 'isms such as communism, fascism, N-a-z-ism, nationalism etc than over relegions.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
11 years ago

You are right...the very first post I made in this thread I said there are many factors involved and killings will continue long after we die too.

And comming to America...its hands are filled with blood anyways...the ancestors of the present day americans had annihilated the entire red indians/mayans and in present day too it is bossing around the world. They created the taliban by exploiting the controversial verses of these people's holy book and added fuel to fire ( for their own selfish reasons to defeat russia  )....but when the monster grew into gigantic proportions they couldnt handle it anymore and started bombing those very countries.So indeed USA is a terrorist country too according to me.

Some people who are not aware of the history of a certain religion,how exactly it started and spread make the mistake and think that the present day terrorists are misinterpreting their scripture,hence I drew attention to the fact that the origin of the religion itself was dripped in blood so its very naive to say that people are misinterpreting. You have to thoroughly read it to understand its message and what it says for unbelievers.

Nandini, just a word of caution here. Some mr. Das of bengal in america, next day after the sep.9/11, on a telephonic booking for his ticket deciphered his name as D for destruction, A for America, S for Sam, was arrested same day by the fbi. one has to be very cautious at public utterances. words have the power to kill, change minds.

LockSign in to reply to this thread