What are the benefits of joining wordpress?

Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

There was a recent surge of blog migration from blogger to wordpress. What are the benefits of joining wordpress?

Would appreciate your  input.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
uniquerockrz
uniquerockrz
from Kolkata
11 years ago
IMO, there are not many benefits of switching to a blogger to wordpress.com blog. The only thing I like is their large community, and ability to track comments. Blogger on the other hand, gives you CSS editing ability, along with a template designer, to make your blog look the way you like. Oh ya, if u want to make money, then there are ads too. If you are planning to move to a self hosted wordpress blog, then nothing beats it. Loads of plugins, themes and a splendid community.
Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Thanks uniquerockrz for your input.

How about other members, any pointer?

Dhaval Thakur
Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago
Some points:- Posts are optimized Hundreds of plugins to use from Can make a community from Wordpress 90 percent + sites made on Wordpress Benefits of Wordpress community Easy setup of the files Most popular platform Like in blogger if you made someone admin he can remove you that means no security but in Wordpress it provides good security Powerful tool for those who wants to build a power blog! All Wordpress users are fondly to each other lol xD
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Thanks dhaval Thakur for your opinion! I'm  keen to migrate but not sure how to do it...

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

For migrating to Wordpress you need to do the following:

1. Buy a domain

2. Buy a Hosting and link to that domain you have bought.

3. Login to your Hosting cPanel and install wordpress. (

4. Over the Wordpress, install a theme 

5. Go to your blogger and export the blog in a file 

6. In your Wordpress dashboard, go to Tools > Import and import the blog file. 

You are done

Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Thanks Purnendu for the detailed steps, it is so helpful.....

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Going for a free WordPress account is a bad idea. it's not worth it to migrate. I have tried it, and I hated it. But if you want to go for a self-hosted blog, nothing like WordPress. You can have freedom like never before. But for a free platform, stick to blogger. It's way better!

Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

you are right Anirudha..

If you are switching from blogger to wordpress.com, You dont get direct access ti edit the css,XML etc.. better way you keep blog as it is on blogger... 

Otherwise you have to get a paid domain of wordpress.org as @Purnendu said above.. then you have better options than blogger..

Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Thanks Aniruddha Rege for the feedback, will re-consider  before making any move...

Jitaditya Narzary
Jitaditya Narzary
from Delhi
11 years ago

Basically u need to be sure what you are looking for...

you can host at wordpress.com for free just like in blogger... but I think blogger has better options and you are not allowed to put up adverts in wordpress.com...

But if you purchase a domain then definitely use wordpress with its highly evolved community and scores of plugins to meet almost any requirement that you can think of...

Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Thanks for letting me know about the switch but my main concern is losing my followers/subscribers and my blog page views if I choose to migrate...

Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

You are right TT, that can be a sirius issue.. ;-)

Better way you may keep blog on blogger.. you can also get paid domain for bloggers blog.. If you want to remove extention "blogspot(dot)com".

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

OH, and you are right. Before making any ove, check if blogger allows a redirect. Other all you subscribers, backlinks, comments, pageviews will be gone. And that is a lot of hardwork down the drain!

Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

What I know, you will lose your followers/subscribers once you made a switch Aniruddha Rege ...

Ravindra Joisa
Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
11 years ago

there are too many plugins which will make your job easier and just concentrate on writing quality content.

Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Thanks Ravindra for your input on this matter...

LockSign in to reply to this thread