Promote Blog outside the blogging community

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Hi people,

How do you promote your blog outside the blogging community?

What I use is Social Sites i.e FB,Twitter & G+. What apart from these do you think can draw readers to your blog??

Please share your views :)

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

If I could suggest , I have lots of ideas for you. You want to know?

keep commenting on other blogs you like. they will surely revert back.Smile

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
11 years ago

You mean Reply, yes? The meaning of revert is to take something back to its original form- like reverting your phone setting.

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@Rio: yup thats a nice option. But again, it mostly gathers fellow bloggers only!!@THe solitary writer: Yup anytime!!!

Stephen
Stephen
from Raleigh
11 years ago

Well forget it. My ideas are a bit weird, you may find it stupid :P

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@nandini: SEO is mainating your blog via keywords,especially your blog title. Like for example, i wrote a review about one of my educational institutes,so do increase the SEO part i simply titled my post as "NAME of institute,location".  So, who ever GOOGLES the institute by name, gets my blog post as the 3rd link :)

@SOlitary writer: ideas always seem weird to a third person. but who knows, some Indibloggers might jus end up liking your ideas cum suggestions :) Please share

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I think word of mouth can help. Friends and family can do that for you if you are comfortable promoting your blog in that way. Smile

Well, depends on what you write on. my blog is about nature and wildlife. i get very nominal traffic from social networking sites like FB. but i happen to notice that the science related articles makes a spike when some reader submit it to a relevant subreddit in reddit.

but not all subreddits are as popualr as sciecne subeddit and they have strict moderators to remove blogspam.

Other social bookmarking sites will also help, provided you have genuine activity in them with lot of followers/contacts. this is my experience, may not be so for all the time. 

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I second that. Social bookmarking sites help only if you are connected with the right people, otherwise it can be a waste of time. Recently, I had one of my articles retweeted by lonely planet (official site) and the sudden spike of traffic was perhaps, even more than what I may be getting in an entire month through Google.

Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

what is a social bookmarking site? I have enever heard of it :(

Arti
from Mumbai
11 years ago

From Wiki -

A social bookmarking service is a centralized online service which enables users to add, annotate, edit, and share bookmarks of web documents.

Basically, it helps us share our stuff and web pages with a larger group of people. Please go through this article to know more on them. I use twitter, stumbleupon and digg from amongst the list of sites mentioned there. :)

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

@Arti: Thanks a a lot arti, that article has been of great help :)

@Nandini: Thanks a lot for the mini explaination, it really helped in supporting the link arti provided above.

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago
There are loads of things to promote your blog......But the best of them are very few.....In my opinion apart from what u've done already, u may go for social bookmarking sites like Pinterest, Digg, Delicious and StumbleUpon, Tumbler......All of them are pretty good in deed.....Or u can go for Article Writing and starts writing articles relevant to ur blog....U can write for Ezine Articles or Article Base.....Hope that helps
Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Search for READARCADE on facebook :) and share it with your "reader" friends :)

Thank you everyone for opinion.

LockSign in to reply to this thread