MozRank and Alexa rank

Shweta
Shweta
from Bangalore
11 years ago

So how does one go about improving the MozRank and Alexa ranks of their blogs? I blog from Wordpress and though I do blog regularly, it's mostly on personal stuff.

I need major help in some SEO related gyan. If this has been asked in older discussions, apologies for asking again! 

Help!

S

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
11 years ago

There are many tricks to improve mozRank and Alexa rank, but what is more important is improving the traffic and reputation of your blog, which will naturally improve your ranks in various ranking systems.

Here is a very simple trick to improve the Alexa rank significantly - write on topics related to SEO and content that other webmasters/bloggers will be interested in. If lot of other bloggers visit your site, your Alexa rank will significantly improve because all of them have the Alexa tools installed, which is the source of data for Alexa rank. That is the reason the SEO related websites have really good Alexa rank compared to other sites.

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

Hi Shweta, I am quite not sure about Alexa & MOZ but here's my take on SEO.

SEO is Search Engine Optimization. In other words,making your blog posts appear easily on search sites. To come in the scope of search sites, you need to use the basic words as your post title. For eg: I wrote one of my education institutes review. SO by default my aim was that anyone who googled the institute's name must be able to find my blog in one of the suggestions. BAZINGA!! i named my post's title as "Name of institute,Location" and yes, my post is succesfully appearing as the third link. :)Similarly,i wrote a post related to batman and i titled it as "The Legend ends" as this tagline is related to Batman. Hope my suggestions give you an idea of how to use SEO for your blog.

abhin@v
from mumbai
11 years ago

Nice tips!. I agree that for getting more search engine traffic, one should use phrases, or keywords, that are searched very often. There are a few Seo plugins available for wordpress as well.

Moz Rank - Shows how popular your website is. It can be improved by getting more links from popular websites.Used in calculation of indiRank.

Alexa rank- It is based on how much traffic your gets and number of quality inbound links your website has (umm yes,,, somewhat similar to mozrank. ).. :)

Shweta
Shweta
from Bangalore
11 years ago

Wow! Thanks guys. Will be sure to keep in mind all your tips! 

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago
Just go to the official website of Alexa and enlist ur blog with them....U need to verify it by adding a code to ur main body template.....It's quite simple......best of luck....Happy Blogging..........

LockSign in to reply to this thread