Favourite Writer/Author/Poet of Indibloggers?

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
14 years ago

So who is ur favourite author/poet/writer Indibloggers??

1-20
21-30
Replies 1 to 20 of 30 Descending
Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
14 years ago

Hi Anukriti, 

Here are my favourites!

Favourite author: Edward Luce.

Favourite poet: Christina Rossetti, William Wordsworth (Had to write two! Smile)

Favourite writer: R.K. Narayan

Manjulika Pramod
from Delhi
12 years ago

I like R.K narayan too...

Adarsh Rao
Adarsh Rao
from Minnesota
14 years ago

oops, I like Richard Bach too as author! 

Shilpa Garg
Shilpa Garg
from Jaipur
14 years ago

Sidney Sheldon!

Rajnish Kumar
Rajnish Kumar
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Authors I like :

English - Mitch Albom(Tuesdays with Morrie,Five people you will meet in heaven,For another day)

Hindi - Munshi Premchand.No one comes even close.

Poets I like :

English : Pablo Neruda

Hindi : Sarveshwar Dayal Saxena

Urdu : Majaz Lucknowi ( have named my blog Aahang on his work),To say Mirza Ghalib is stating the obvious.

Manjulika Pramod
from Delhi
12 years ago

Tuesdays with Morrie and Five people you meet in heaven--- lovely books by Mitch Albom... I was touched.

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
14 years ago

My favourite writers-

Ovid, Sappho, Shakespeare, Satyajit Ray, Ruskin Bond,Rabindranath Tagore, Amitav Ghosh, Ionesco, Beckett

My favourite author-

English - Too many... Best acc. to me is Coetzee...others include J.K.Rowling, Khaled Hosseini, D.H.lawrence, Charles ****ens,Virginia Woolf, Stendhal, Maria Campbell, Malouf, Charlotte Bronte, Marquez, Arthur Golden, Mary Shelley, Dan Brown

Urdu - Ismat Chugtai and Manto

Hindi - Munshi Premchand, Amrita Pritam

My favourite poet -

English - T.S.Eliot, he is the God of poetry... other than Eliot I like Blake, Yeats, Tennyson, Neruda

Urdu - Mirza Ghalib

Hindi - Harivansh Rai Bacchan, Kabir

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

You have an eclectic taste. I'd just like to comment on Woolf. I've read A Room of One's Own and liked it immensely. Every time she goes off track in it with her distinct descriptiveness, I wished she went off tract more often. She's such a voice.

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

her stream of consciousness was inspirational! No doubt about that! :)

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

well actually thats how thoughts are... like clouds floating in our minds...readuy to be captured...so that beautiful verses/sentences can rain from our pen :)

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

Very true.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Thats quite some list Anukriti... No wonder your posts are fabulous!
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

@Arti and I love your posts girl! They touch a person's soul!

Love and best wishes to u Smile

P.S - I am now a fellow yatri on ur yatra diary... following u wherever u go! :)

Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
12 years ago

Oh I have forgotten to add Sudarshan Fakir and Robert Frost to my list of favourite poets! :)

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

It's good we keep expanding the list. It's the mark of a constant, serious reader.

Manjulika Pramod
from Delhi
12 years ago

Wow!!!  Quite varied taste..Nice... reading actually helps us grow...

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago

Hey thanks a lot Anukriti :) Your writings are very inspirational and heartfelt too... Hope to see each other often :)

Amrit
Amrit
from Chennai
14 years ago

My Fav list:

Jeff Archer, Dan Brown, Paulo Coelho, Nicholas Spark, Khaled Hosseini, Arvind Adiga, Chetan Bhagat, Vikas Swarup, Anurag Mathur, etc etc. ..In short, I love pulp fiction

Karthik DR
Karthik DR
from New Delhi
14 years ago

Favorite Writers: Sidney Sheldon, Dan Brown, Issac Asimov

Poets: Willaim Wordsworth, Barathi

Anukriti Sharma
Anukriti Sharma
from Hartford
14 years ago

hey people! good to see ur response

keep posting!

Tangerine
Tangerine
from Assam
14 years ago

JK Rowling, Amitav Ghosh, O Henry, Sidney Sheldon, Jeff Archer, Dan Brown, Khaled Hosseini.

Oh! and i luv archie comics too!

aniruddha pathak
aniruddha pathak
from mumbai
14 years ago

Paolo Coelho, i wish i could read in the language that he writes, i have loved mario puzos fictions, joseph heller's sarcasm..Gawd anukriti you read a hell lot :P

dream
dream
from pune
14 years ago

Here are my favourites:

Dan brown, Jeffery Archer, grisham,Sophie kinsella,Allieson Pearson,

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Writers fade away. Their books do not. I do not have a favourite author; only favourite books. I have managed to review a few of the many I have read - have a look here

In the near future I hope to add many more to this list.

Cheers!

Churn

Ravi Lobo
Ravi Lobo
from Wisconsin
14 years ago

My favorite writers are ,

Kazuo IshiguroR K NarayanFyodor DostoevskyJohn IrvingGogol

Richa Sonpatki
Richa Sonpatki
from Mumbai
14 years ago

Khaled Hosseni, JK Rowling, O Henry, Roald Dahl, Ayn Rand are my favorites

Poetry--Well havent read much of it, but love the humourous ones of Ogden Nash, and I do appreciate William Wordsworth. My favorite though is 'IF' by Rudyard Kipling.

Amitabh Mukherjee
Amitabh Mukherjee
from Bangalore
14 years ago

Did someone mention Mirza Ghalib? Oh yes, Anukriti! Ghalib is the tops. And my favourite sher is:

"Hazaron khwahishein aisi ki har khwahish pay dum niklay

Bahut niklay mere armaan lekin phir bhi kum niklein"

Manish Muralidharan
Manish Muralidharan
from Hyderabad
14 years ago

Author: John Grisham, Shashi Deshpande, Paulo Coelho

Poet: Pablo Neruda, Madhavikutty

Favorite authors - too many to be listed.

Favorite poet - Pablo Neruda and Robert Frost only.

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

TX - You totally got to list your favorite authors that are too many. Believe me, it's good for you.

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Would love to know the list @ Xeno:)
Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

I reckon his list really, really too long now that it's taking days together to lay it out

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Ya that may be the case :)
R-A-J
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

I like this self help book called "Electrical and Electronics Measurements and Instrumentation" by A K Sawney.. I call it a self help book cos everytime I read it, it helps me to go to sleep Cool

Jokes apart, I'm not really much of a reader so I only read books which make me wanna turn to the next page - the only two books which I completely finished reading r 'The Godfather'  and 'The Da Vinci Code'.. if I can read 'em, I'm sure they're great reads.

Also, I flick a lot of Khalil Gibran's lines for every Valentine's Day too - so his work is also sumthin I dnt think I cn do withoutLaughing

Currently, I'm reading Shantharam and I still findin it hard to get to the ending - it's been two years now Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
If you loved Da Vinci Code you will surely love Angels and Demons and The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown.
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Thnx Arti..saw the movie Angels n Demons, so I already knw the ending(gud one though!! :)) ..probably will take up Lost Symbol after Shantharam.. believe it or not, I already bought the book some time back, still hvnt touched it yet Cool

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Sad you know the ending but the movie is nothing... There are so many short cuts there, also many things were changed to shorten the movies length... You would still love reading the book:)
R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Wow, think I'll start thn... btw, I'm watchin Godfather again tonite  :)

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

Raj - I must appreciate you for holding onto a 1000-pager like Shantharam. I never had the courage to pick it up against all the recommendations since it's too long and I have too less time to read. I think Mira Nair is adapting it to big screen. Hoping it gets made well and does justice to the critically acclaimed book.

R-A-J
from Bangalore
12 years ago

Hey Ahimaaz, thnx fr ur kind words but I must tell u the truth...u only know half the story... at the risk of puttin down my intellectual capabalities (oxymoron here) , lemme reveal to u the real story ... I bought the book bout two years back whn I heard tht Mira Nair ws makin it into a movie with Amitabh Bachchan n Johny Depp.. the night I bought it, I read a few pages n left it by my bed..today 2 years later, I'm quite sure, it's still under my bed n I'm also very sure tht I will complete reading the remainin few 1998 or so pages one day.. but yes, I did hv the courage to hold it.. did help my biceps perhaps.. so thnku fr ur appreciation..Cool   

Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

Raj - The story is believable. I have twice as many unfinished books than finished books. So, it's good to hold onto them so that we will eventually finish reading them one day.

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
My favorites list include - Dan Brown, Jeffrey Archer, Erle Stanley Gardner, PG Wodehouse, Michael Chricton, Harsha Bhogle, Chetan Bhagat, Peter Roebuck, Kabirdas, Munshi Premchand...
Ahimaaz Rajesh
from India
12 years ago

You are a reader, Arti!

Arti
from Mumbai
12 years ago
Coming from you Ahimaaz, I consider that as a big compliment:)

1-20
21-30
LockSign in to reply to this thread