The best way to reply a comment posted on your blog

Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

I used to receive quite a number of comments on my blog post. Normally I will post my reply to the commentator's blog  and not on my own blog. Which one is a  better option?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending

you should reply at your own blog first. because commentor may come back to see reply and other commentors or visitors who visit your blog may find arrogance seeing no revert back there. visit their blogs and if you like comment there.

I feel best way is to reply to each comment at your blog and additional comment at their blog only for salient points of their post, without any mention of their visit to your blog. 

Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

I second both, @Rio & @Animesh

This is the best practice!

Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Thanks for your input, will definitely implement as per your suggestion...

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago
The answer is quite obvious na....??? If someone has cm 2 ur house to clear a doubt, then will u clear the doubt by mailing him the answers on his address...?? ask urself......
Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Blogging and personal visit are 2 different thing. I did that for another reason, to give them traffic so they are happy to come back for another visit...

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago
That's a nice idea, noble too......but i would suggest u to put such a comment on their respective blogs which are relevant to the blog posts of them......that'll be good as per me......
SaroSena
SaroSena
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I have a bit of a problem. I don't mind suscribing to responses, by I use blogspot.. and unlike wordpress, there's no option for me or for others to track responses. Are there an widgets out there that will let me do that? 

I believe the best way to handle this is dependent on how much time you have for this.

Step 1. Mandatory- Reply then and there in the comment box on your own blog.

Step 2: Pop over to that person's blog and leave a comment in the latest post, as a sign of goodwill, and to say you valued their comment so much, you're returning the favour. 

Step 3: (Entirely depending on whether you like that person's content or not, it might be nice to follow them or engage with them on a social media platform of your choice.

Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

You have outlined the proper way to  post reply on blog post.  Am really thankful for posting this...

You have outlined the proper way to post reply on blog post. Am thanful for posting this....

LockSign in to reply to this thread