Top things to do after writing a post

Here are my top things to do after I write a post (in no particular order, but I try to get them done the same night)

1. Keyword Optimisation

2. Interlinking

3. Content Syndication (automatically happens once you connect your RSS feed to LinkedIn or Facebook)

4. Shorten post URLs

5. Ping search engines using Pingomatic

6. Submit post to article directories like IndiVine

7. Comment on related posts on other blogs

8. Social Media Shares

How many of these steps do you follow? Do you have any to add to the list?

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending
Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
11 years ago

I dont even know anything about the first 5 steps u mentioned

Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

same pinch !!!

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago
1) Keyword Optimization: It simply means u should optimized ur keywords.....and use it as your , tag....in simple words....In the title section you should use the keyword which people will likely to type in google while searching something that relates ur blog post...... 2) Interlinking: U should interlinked ur previous blog post with the new post of urs.....that will hold ur visitors to ur page....they are likely to spend more time on ur site....that means more pageviews....and if they like them may become ur loyal readers..... 3)Content Syndication:It's modern idea to optimize ur blog contents to the fullest by linking the feed address to various social sites.... 4) Shorten post URLs: u can use url shorten services of bitly or Google to have a short customized url for ur new blog post and then share it to social sites....it can boost ur overall traffic..... 5)5. Ping search engines: Its just a process to make aware the search engines that u have a new blog post, and they should index it ASAP......though I don't suggest this step to follow..... @stagg man & @snuffles jay- Hope that helps.....
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Aditya, good knowledgable reply. But i didn't get content syndication...can you explain it another way?

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

sorry for the duplicate question.

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Ditto man. Please do tell  TS (thread starter I am told).

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Pankti & Madhu- Content syndication is nothing but linked your feed to your social profiles...so that whenever you posted something on your blog...it would autonatically published in the social profiles like Facebook and Twitter...so u don't have to add it manually again and again.........

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Ok. Thx Aditya.

Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

If you are using wordpress and few plugins.. then most of the things are done automatically.. 

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
11 years ago

STeps 6 & 8 are the ones i follow. Step 3 i think happens automatically (i mean RSS)

My steps would be 1) publish on blog. 2)Then read my post on blog. 3)some comma mistakes and again correct it by editing post. 4) read again. 5) post on indivine. 6) see if someone commented or not. 7) no comments yet. 8)Next day again look for a comment. 9) one small comment seen 10) I have to thank him/her. And the list goes on.
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Rio. Agreed on all points. i am sure most of us do just this.

The Nameless One
The Nameless One
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I do some of them. 3 and 8 happen automatically, and I many a times forget to add it to IndIVine.

Hey thanks for spelling those out aditya! You explained some of those so much better than I would have managed, except by shorten post urls I didn't mean using bit.ly (although that's a great idea, and must be added to the list) I meant actually shortening the url on your web page. Normally, the system just picks up the words from your post title to create the url, adjust it, using only key terms, especially if your title is long)

Rio, I know exactly what you mean, i've been there too.

The nameless one, heehee, even I forget to add it to Indivine, and it's sometimes  a great feeling adding three together, because then I feel like I'm getting many promotions, whereas the total count per post is like 4 or 5.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago
That's called customization not shortening of url.....coz many times we need to edit it by our content's keyword.....
Archana
Archana
from Panaji, Goa
11 years ago

Thanks fro putting it so systematically. I mostly do not do all the above. Will do so now.

Hey the sorcerer, thanks! I didn't know about this, just read about it on the wordpress site, but it says you have to go to Settings>Writing>Update Services. Going to try this out now! Thanks again!

Akhil Pulotil
Akhil Pulotil
from Kerela
11 years ago

@ Different Doors : As a pro blogger, many of us might do these (especially keyword use) to rank high in SERP and get good ranks. But I believe many personal bloggers doesn't focus on these stuffs rather than just publishing . It's because of this that blogging doesn't gives them results !! Agree ?

We used to be just like you shashank. 

Akhil, u know the crazy thing is, I think there's some universal secret that's staring me in the face but I just can't figure out. Pretty much ALL my traffic comes from doing this crazy 8 step dance everytime I post. But there are some peeps out here, who are getting an insane amount of traffic AND lots of engagement and comments, and I don't know if they're dancers. You'll be surprised to know my defunct personal blog (that I haven't updated in almost a year) gets the same daily traffic as my active travel one on which I spend so much time & effort. What's the secret?????????

Sachin Dixit
from Gurgaon, NCR
10 years ago

Hi. Considering your extensive blogging skills and also that you are a travel blogger, can you please review my blog?

Thanks

Archana
Archana
from Panaji, Goa
11 years ago

Just want to know how do you interlink the post? Do you mention this is what I had written about and provide a link. I think its called hyperlink. Please correct me if I am wrong. 

How do you use the shorten urls? Is it too lenghty a process?

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago
@Archana- we need to hyperlink to interlink our new post.....say u r writing an article on How to bring traffic to ur blog"...and in ur existing blog u've already written a few articles on the same type category to this new one, the u can use keywords from those existing articles to this new one, and hyperlink it with the links of those old articles....Btw it just takes 2 sec to shorten a url......its very easy
Abhishek
Abhishek
from Allahabad
11 years ago

Content Syndication (automatically happens once you connect your RSS feed to LinkedIn or Facebook)

---- Timing matters a lot when you post something on social media. Auto posting to Facebook and others may not be that useful.

Shorten post URLs

---- any particular reasons for this? Thanks for letting me know.

Ping search engines using Pingomatic

---- I use Wordpress and in my opinion it is not needed.

I generally follow the step 1,2 and 8.

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

either re-read it for any language error or wait for your friend's comments to know your mistake, like me .......

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

But you write so well that one comes back to read whatever is new.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I'm genuinely flattered

Tongue out

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

My steps:

1) Write the article, read it...

2) Have chai,

3) Wait for hubby to come home, make him read it,

4) Have chai,

5) Make him read it again.....

6) Have dinner,

7) Make him read it again...

8) Post it 

9) Post on Indivine

10) Wait for comments and likes 

11) Have more chai  Smile

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Oh great.... I too never say no to a cup of tea

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

so many cup of tea.. Frown

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yes I can have endless cups......Laughing

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Hey murphy lets sit someday with a barrel of tea....

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hola Doc...anyday barrels, drums, tubs etc etcLaughing

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Sfurti, no wonder the cost of tea is rising so quickly with you leading all those demand curves Wink

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Ok murphy we will add extra meetha for pankti....

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Doc, i won't mind it as i looovvvvvveeeeeeeee sweets Smile

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ Pankti...yesss the cost of tea is rising bcoz me and the cost of sugar bcoz of u Wink

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Sealed

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

No wonder

Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Can I have a cup of tea? Smile

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Ranjith, do you want a cup of tea with the doc and sfurti, or sweets with me?Innocent

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ Pankti Smile...What about me- I can have sweets after tea???

@ Ranjith...tell me when to brew it Smile

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Sfurti, you want to have sweets AFTER tea? I have never seen anybody doing that....they claim to lose the riveting taste of tea if they do so...but then, you can of course have that sweet if you are so inclined. Wink

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Haha..I love sweets as much as tea..can have it anytime Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Pankti I'll have tea with doc and Sfurti on one day and sweets with you on another day. Wink

@ Sfurti ... when I will be a guest at your house... probably within the next 10-15 years Surprised

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Aditya, will you be my teacher. I am in the woods totally. Please review my blog and tell me what to do to improve it.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Who me??? I am a worst teacher ever...think again.....

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

How do you know Aditya till you have tried it? Just a few pointers for my blog please.

Archana
Archana
from Panaji, Goa
10 years ago

How is it I post my post and then think of these steps.  How do I do all the steps first then post. Please do not tell me to do it now after posting I am already all over FB.

LockSign in to reply to this thread