Some help Blogger search

Mehroo Turel
Mehroo Turel
from Hong Kong
11 years ago

hi fellow bloggers

Can someone pls. advice me about this issue that I am facing with blogger?

When I want to look for a particular post that I have written in the past, I try to use the search option on my blog. However Of late the search function is unable to locate most of my posts, although I have labelled each post. For e.g. a post on about my son, has the following lables - children, love, relation. Now when I type ''children'' in the search box, this post does not come up. Am I doing something wrong?

Also there is another option when we write the post called ''search description" which i normaly leave blank, is this the one to be filled in in order to recall the post later? If then, what is labels for?

Will really appreciate your response,

Thank you.

Also 

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
C. Suresh
C. Suresh
from Bangalore
11 years ago

And, Mehroo, normally it should be enough to click on the Label that you want on the side-bar to get all pieces labelled with that Label, should it not? - or am I being incredibly tech-goofy? :)

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
11 years ago

That's true CS, but things become worse when a particular label has 20+ posts. often we don't remember the labels used for a particular post.

besides, search bar being more beneficial for blog readers especially those who have come again to serach something they have read earlier.

Vallabh Kulkarni
Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

you'r right Avdhot..  Some bloggers use this labels as navigation links and arrange them as navigation bar below the page title.. but when your posts gets increses for a perticular label, you have to use pagination and among these 20 posts you have to find a post.. besides this you can use both search box and labels in  your sidebar.. 

Mehroo Turel
Mehroo Turel
from Hong Kong
11 years ago

thanks everyone. talking about labels Suresh, Vallabh, I think mine are a big mess of everything and nothing for e.g. I have labels like holiday, holidays, holidaying! I have understood the importance of labels only of late and hence now am careful of using the same terms as used before, which would make it easier to search. I am so tech-challenged it isn't funny. I wish someone would take over the backend for me and leave me to focus just on writing.

Avadhoot as usual you are a star in all this so now first tell me how to take a backup of my template :) then we will proceed to 2 and 3!

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
11 years ago

(1) log in to blogger.com.

(2)Template->backup->download full template

(3) save this file, this is your template backup

(4) if anything goes wrong u can upload this template to revert back.

LockSign in to reply to this thread