Need Help - Some one is coping my content

Vallabh Kulkarni
Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

fello blggers..

I've a photoshop tutorial blog and some one is copying my content as it is.. in some topics I've used my rom mets photos. he/she is copying the photos and topics as it is with no change...

what should I do to protect my topics..?

Replies 1 to 9 of 9 Descending
Sriram R
Sriram R
from Mumbai
11 years ago

I believe that there is a script or code that is used to disable copying. Depending on Wordpress or Blogspot, there might be some difference though.

Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

thanks for replying ram,

but what to do now? the content is already copied... and not 1-2 topics .. he/she copied about 12-13 topics as it is..

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
11 years ago

you can file a report to google here http://www.google.com/support/go/legal

Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

thanx vishal.. but  I've try that link just. but I dont make my content copyrights.

so they are giving warning "We are sorry, but we are unable to process your request at this time"

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
11 years ago

I have seen many contents removed through this link...

you can try Google Webmaster Groups they can tell you what to do next.

Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

ya I suarly contact gogle groups for this matter.. good idea..

but I cant understand "I have seen many contents removed through this link... ??"  means what?

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

You can't disable the right click button from your blog.....then u should copyright all ur contents ASAP with creative commons or somethings like that......U may contact that person via his/her about/contact page, and warn him to remove all the contents.....and Google group idea is also quite good

Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

thanks aditya..

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
11 years ago

few months back some1 copied around 3 article from my blog, So i contacted google through that link and google removed that content from showing on google search result. He used rss of my blog to copy that article. Now I have added my blog url and authorship on my rss. So if some1 copies article through rss then he will also copy my blog link and my authorship..

One thing you can do is join dmca.com and add a batch to your  blog.

Your Blog is on Blogspot, why don't you buy a domain and webhosting, Wordpress is a great Platform..

If you need any help in the blogspot to wordpress tranfer feel free to contact me..

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
11 years ago

It may be a news aggregator. It reads / scans through your blog and copies content. I have had faced this in the past but soon, Google will realize that this is a mere aggregator but it also means it affects you still. 

I am too looking for a one solution to avoid this, but you cant say it will be coz people will still find ways to steal. 

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
11 years ago

For now you can share the link of the one who is copying and ask others to report/ shame him

Well, the best thing you can do is to report this to Google or go to DMCA (dot ) com. You can use copyscape to find most of the published urls with your content.

Best method is to write a blog post which is related to your previous works/posts. That means without refering your past posts, your current blog post is not complete. You should always link your previous pages (inter-linking) in your blog post. So it makes difficult for others to copy your content and claim as theirs.

Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

Thank u Siju..

its a good idea... I'll give links to my previous tutorials in posts..

Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago

Yea Correct but first talking to the admin of the site whose copying would be a gud idea before complaining.. and if he does not removes the content then we can go help for DMCA

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

I guess the best you can do is disable copy-paste on your blog. This will require the plagariser to type wverything out, and let's hope he is too lazy to do that. Best of luck...this is becoming a big problem in the bloggig world, and you're definitely not alone. Check out the plagarism thread on this forum.

Vallabh Kulkarni
from Pune
11 years ago

Thats a very good idea... I'm on it now..

Thanks Anirudha.

LockSign in to reply to this thread