New Bloggers...

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Hi guys! I'm a new blogger, just joined the blogoshpere (are they still calling it that?) two weeks back! I'm a little worried about my blog. It is indexed by Google, but not ranked high yet. So, I'm getting minimal search traffic.

As I said, my blog is only two weeks old. I've got 750 pageviews till now. It is an entertainment blog, and I'm posting regularly (once in every two days). I was wondering whether this traffic is OK, or whether something is wrong.

How much traffic did you guys get in your first month? Should I make any changes, or improvement? Please help!

Replies 1 to 10 of 10 Descending
Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Thank you. This was all I needed. So, here's hoping for the best!

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Don't worry about the traffic stuff......Its the building time......make the blog rich.....do the proper on and off page SEO.....and submit as much contents as u can.....

Treat and Trick
Treat and Trick
from Singapore
11 years ago

Not bad for 2 weeks old blog! Keep posting regularly and try to connect with others by commenting on their blog and submit your post to social networking sites/forums.

Happy blogging!

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Thank you for your replies, Aditya and 'Treat and Trick"! Very helpful stuff...This is exactly what I'm doing currently. Posting on Social networking sites, driving traffic from there.

I've heard backlinking is important, but I'm not sure how to get quality backlinks! Any suggestions?

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Make a fb page and a twitter handle in the name of ur page (If u haven't done it yet)......first u have to understand who are ur target audience.....and what they love to read/check....then search on their behalf at google....then comment on that site which are active o that niche...it will help....U can guest blogging too....If u can write about current affairs related topic then u can write for my blog too for backlinks and other benefits....Foot in mouth....

Arjun Joshi
Arjun Joshi
from New Delhi
11 years ago

Post comments on do follow blogs...comment luv enabled

Achin Jain
Achin Jain
from Delhi
11 years ago

Try to get as many backlinks as you can, but dont indulge into Black Hat SEO Technique.

seo-links A Simple Guide To Build SEO Friendly Backlinks For Blogs And Websites

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Also don't do selfish self promotion. It makes an impression that you're just around to get a single pageview and people won't value your word. That's how it works!

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Thank you so much to all you guys for this help. Especially you Achin, that chart is very very helpful.

Aditya, I would love to do some guest blogging. My own blog isn't about current affairs, but I could definitely write about them! I'll definitely consider this. Thanks a lot, man!

Aaliya Thahseen
Aaliya Thahseen
from Chennai
11 years ago

Okay, I loved your blog, mate.

Reasons : 

You had Batman, Sherlock and Lord of the rings on it, yeah, you got me there!

Cheers!

xD

Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

thanks a lot! I'm glad we are fans of so many of the same things!

Dhaval Thakur
Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago

@Anirudha in blogosphere you need patience :D.. work hard n have patience. you will be paid off for your these two qualities :D

Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Thanks for the advice Dhawal. Ans you are right of course. I have almost completed one month (6 days to go) in the blogoshpere, but I'm not really sure how my blog is doing! I have no standards to compare it to!

Ananth Vitlani
Ananth Vitlani
from Mumbai
11 years ago

Sometimes, blog trafic depends upon types of blog also. Writing blog to multiple niches could also hamper the traffic.  Apart from creating unique and original content, you have to do some "off Page" activities such as submitting every post to social bookmarking sites, social networks, and create some backlinks on others sites pointing to your blog.  Good luck.

Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Thanks a ot for your input, Ananth. It is very useful and informative for any newbie bloggers like me. I do submit my posts to twitter and facebook. Is there any other site you would recommend?

LockSign in to reply to this thread