Over utilization of Wordpress?

Dhaval Thakur
Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago
Guys I use free WP.com service for my blog .. Now it has been 3 months since I made blog on Wordpress.com (free hosted) every thing was going alright .. Alexa was decreasing..I got PR 1 and got Gus amount of views.. But now.. My Alexa is not increasing nor there are increasing page views.. Regardless of my hard work... You can see my site on my profile about ( I would not spam here by my site link) Is it the time that I have utilized the free Wordpress.com service? Or I can gain more from it do tell it :) Reply ASAP needed...
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Don't worry about it Dhaval. I have seen many blosgs using free platforms become huge. Have you paid for an upgrade? The .wordpress is not there in your site...

All that matters is content, and I can assure you that you have good content. Promote the site more (facebook, twitter, stumbleupon etc.) and create more backlinks (commenting, guest blogging). You should do just fine! Hope this helps.

Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago
I have just paid for the domain nothing else buddy :)
Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
11 years ago

Time is the best medicine my dear friend....Keep working on your blog...Hard work always pays off....It takes time to achieve what we dreamt off....keep working on the SEO (on page, off page, on site).....Best of luck.......

Dhaval Thakur
Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago
Yea thanks both of you...
Advaita Waikar
Advaita Waikar
from Pune
11 years ago

When it comes to ranking and traffic, Alexa is actually a bit unreliable especially when the traffic isn't a lot. Use Google Analytics & Webmaster tools to get an exact measure. :)

Aniruddha Rege
Aniruddha Rege
from Pune
11 years ago

Dhaval, that's what I thought. But it doesn't matter if you are using free of self-hosted. Your site should have quality content. That's all. And your site has that. Give it time, I guess!

LockSign in to reply to this thread