Blogging ethics

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
11 years ago

Blogging ethics: Should we create some ground rules to ensure that no dogs, humans or original material is harmed during the process of blogging?

for example:

No plagiarism.

A blog should not have copied and pasted material from the freely available internet. I have noticed this in some cookery blogs.

Please add your suggestions. I am sure this will help us and we will not plead 'ignorance of the rules' as our defense.

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
11 years ago

Good...

Code of conduct is always there but what will be the penalty and who will penalize on breaking them???

Smile

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
11 years ago

This really bears thinking. Self regulation is the best way in media like this. I don't know if there can be any punishment from the site apart from banning them or something. this too will not work as there are many other sites that will allow them to continue the 'good' work. 

what do you say guys? any suggestions?

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

when your material is copied, be proud as it was 'worth stealing' LaughingWink

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Good one....

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Agreed. How about the lost royalty?Undecided 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

hmmm... hmmmm.......think that someone had real need of that 'lost royalty' more than you.... forgive them Tongue out

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
11 years ago

Don't you think it's shameful that we need to have this kind of rules? How can a writer plagiarise? It defeats the whole concept of writing 'cause each written piece is supposed to be unique, isn't it? Shame on us!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

BTW, congratz on being notable newbie Wink

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Thanks Anunoy. If this is meant for me. :) One tries..

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Oops my bad.... i guess I've to change the power of my glasses... I misread something, somewhere and threw that comment.... pardon me friends  Frown

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Congrats Pankati. Anunoy is right. :)

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks gals...It's time for women power, isn't it? Wink

Dhaval Thakur
Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
11 years ago
Well if u are a blogger , you already write a pure original content -_-
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
11 years ago

well, at least one hopes so. :)

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Dhaval, you need few more years to digest the fact that nobody can ever become a great creative-writer without stealing originalities from different sources Wink

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

....and that goes for legends like Shakespeare. So who are we kidding?

Excuse me...

• One can create as many rules as one can, but how to enforce them ??
  • Ethics, lets see, even if we assume 90% of the Indiblogger users would follow them, but thats not even 0.01% of the blogging or online disccussion community.

Sorry, but what I can see is that only way to save your own work is being best at what you do. Golden rule which many may forget is content is the king, so even if things are coppied from your blog, one can never match the level of excellance you pose in the said subject, so better to concentrate on your own skill :) and perform better with every post..

As a blogger, you can keep on copying but and the end of the day, it wont produce any result :P, you will lose interest and eventually blog wont receive any new entry :)

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

CLAP CLAP...

Smile

So, the point is not to look down to self-induce the height-sickness....

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Agreed to all your points.

Slowly, as one builds up a reputation and a distinctive style of writing and presenting, I am sure everyone will know who has written what.

But this will apply only on our relatively small group in Indiblogger.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Nopes Madhu.... the small readership you're holding today is going to multiply as you keep creating good creative pieces... Noida wasn't built in a day Wink

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Thanks for the encouragment Anunoy. Really appreciate it. :)

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

No formality please... it's a damn casual space where a gouty old monk can also enjoy salsa Wink

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Agreed. If a monk can sell his Ferarri, he can definitely dance the salsa, gouty or not. (I know it is just tenuous logic but still...)

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I'd rather do garba...but then, it's just my gujju side trying break free from all the restrictions laid on my poor soul by the society Smile

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Heheee do anything other than blaming your floor Wink

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

i have a moral dilemma. I just saw a contest posted by someone about cooking disasters. This set my creative spirit, memory cells or whatever into motion and I cranked out a blog post in ten  inutes flat.

Hmmmm, is it ethical to post it on my blog? No. because I wrote it for that contest specifically. Yes, because I wrote it so why should I not put it on my blog?

So...what do you honorable men and women, sorry ethical bloggers think?

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

So you mean if FIAT makes a good diesel engine, maruti should never try making a better one ??

Its not that, I guess mainly the debate is about stealing as copy-paste rather than taking the idea and sharing own post by pen-ing it down...

LockSign in to reply to this thread