The Women's Reservation Bill - Should be dumped????

"The Women's Reservation Bill has been a political raw nerve for nearly a decade now. It has always triggered heated debates in Parliament and outside."

I was discussing it in my class and was both shocked and surprised at the responses from the students of MBA. It struck me to put it into the forum as it is a pertinent topic.Though I don't have a blog on social or political cause, I use it in the class as a part of Current News Analysis.

My only request is this: No flaming: Give your opinion. Love your opinion. And, Respect other's opinon too.

Are you ready?

Venkata Vinay

P.S: I put in the Social Cause category because I feel Women's Reservation Bill addresses a social need.

Edited 14 years ago
Reason: Topic needed modification
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending

I am surprised that there are no responses to this topic. Indibloggers dont feel it is of importance?

Venkata Vinay

Shanmuham.S
Shanmuham.S
from Chennai
14 years ago

For a very long time(in years...) i was wondering what is the purpose and who is really interested in this bill.

Earlier there was reservation in panchayath elections in Tamilnadu, but the contestants were (mostly) wives of the local heavy weights.

In such a situation, i dont believe the real purpose will be achieved.

Please correct me if am wrong.

http://shansinvestmentideas.blogspot.com

LockSign in to reply to this thread