Why mozrank?

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Why does indiblogger consider mozrank and not the PageRank?? PageRank is widely used and known to everyone...

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I think itz because moz ranks are updated more frequently than the page ranks....

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

But Pagerank is far more popular than mozrank, and in any case, the Indiblogger crawler inspects every blog only once a month! It doesn't just make sense to consider only mozrank...

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

The rating scale is broader I guess compare to pagerank, which i guess helps to match the 100 point scale of IndiBlogger...

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Vikram- They don't consider only mozrank...they also consider your alexa rank, incoming links, posting frequency etc.....

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Yup, I know they consider the Alexa rank and backlinks...but between Pagerank and Mozrank, it should have been the former!

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I have a poor page rank, so I vote for MozRank Tongue out Money mouth

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

http://www.indiblogger.in/indirank/ they dont say pagerank anywhere Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Hunky Surprised

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hey, what's your mozrank? Mine showed 0...

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

2.67 or something :D

Shashank
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I'm sitting happy at 4.14.

A little info on mozrank... http://www.seomoz.org/learn-seo/mozrank

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I have a small blog, like local cable vs Bharti internet Foot in mouth

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I've just started my blog!! May take time to develop mozrank! But there doesn't seem to be any logical difference between Mozrank and pagerank!

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

PageRank is important for pro bloggers as it will directly effect search results i guess...

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

With a .com domain, we are no less than pro bloggers! Foot in mouth 

But yes, PageRank is indeed an indispensable factor in SEO!

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Naaa.. still a kid in pro blogging world... Dont have financial backup to compile and stretch of pen for regular column...

Pro Bloggers usually have following

• Either him self good at coding or having paid support of team
  • Good and Unique Theme
  • Loads of option to tinkle about for users
  • For my subject, pre registration and access to companies for their latest and newest offering

But one thing i disagree, Google says PageRank is their own reflection of view towards a certain URL, its one of the factor effecting search result not complete view of SEO though..

Dhaval Thakur
Dhaval Thakur
from Chennai
10 years ago

See pagerank depends upon your Backlinks mostly.. but mozrank not.. there are otehr bloggers here who write like poetry and on other niche and not run tech blogs (tech blogs are mostly interlinked) so for uniformity its done

Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Dhaval, I think you are right! It makes sense in that case! 

Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

mozrank too depends on quality backlinks..."Pages earn MozRank by the number and quality of other pages that link to them."

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I will +1 what Dhaval said.....

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I guess its because PageRank can be manipulted while mozrank manipulation is not an easy job..

another thing is that PageRank is dead now.. and It merely a 1 of the 200 metrices which decides SEarch engine ranking...

Even a website with 0 PR can rank in the top 5 SERPs....

PR has nothing to do with SERPs.. 

Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I don't think PageRank is dead! It is still one of the prime factors which affect your search engine rankings! And even building a PageRank from scratch can take months, so it's not an easy job as well!

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Page Rank is still one of the very important eliments for Google when producing organic result to an user..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

It is not true that MozRank cannot be manipulated. The fact is that Google considers PR and not MozRank, so people are more interested in manipulating PR rather than MR.

PR being one of the 200 factors doesn't mean that it is dead. Tiny drops make a mighty ocean!

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

building page rank requires  knowledge about what actually Page Rank is.

and if you know what PR is then you can achieve pr from 1 to 5 with 1 backlinks only....

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Yeah I agree with you that a website with 0 PR can rank in the top 5 SERPs....but PR makes a site authorative and trustworthy.....btw PR 5 with 1 back links?? that's odd....

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

... And then, in a few months, the PR falls to ZERO!

Rajesh K
Rajesh K
from Chennai
10 years ago

There seems to be one problem for the system to detect mozrank for certain blogs. For one of my blogs, mozrank was detucted until a few months back, but now it says you have no moz rank! I know a friend who also faces the same situation. Due to this we have lower indirank!

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

single backlink from edu or gov website can increase your pr upto 5....Your blog must not leak any PR...

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Page Rank takes only integer values between 1 and 10 while MozRank takes decimal values also. So, bloggers can be put into greater number of baskets. This might be one of the reasons.

Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

You may be right Ranjith! MozRank is more accurate than PageRank!

PageRank ranking system comes to that almighty Google, and effects Google search results, now what MzRank does for you search result in any search engine ?????

LockSign in to reply to this thread