Please add option to delete posts from IndiVine

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

Dear IndiBlogger team,

Please add an option to delete own posts from IndiVine. This will help bloggers remove old links if they think that is leading to "excessive link building" problems with search engines.

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Pawan
Pawan
from New Delhi
8 years ago

Sound cool. Indiblogger team what is your input on this.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
8 years ago

They never paid any attention to this request I made 2 years ago!

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
8 years ago

I too support this (just the feature requested, but don't really know whether I like the reason very much) and would like this to be added. Can't think of reasons for this not to be done.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
8 years ago

Those who care about search engine optimization, too many links from a source could be interpreted by Google as "Link building", which could lead to search engine penalties. When Indiblogger has too many such outgoing links to various websites, it is possible that at some point of time, Google's automated system could consider this platform as a Private Blog Network made to help blogs by providing links.

I would strongly recommend making an option to delete links from IndiVine or automatically delete shared links from IndiVine after X days.

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

Hey Tony, sorry we didn't see this thread until now. Embarassed

Yep, this makes sense, we'll get it done. We'll have to disable the feature for contest entries though, as those IndiVine posts are displayed in winner lists, etc.

The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
8 years ago

If I remember correctly, Having those lndivine inks as 'nofollow' was considered as a main solution. 

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
8 years ago

That's for the SEO reasons... but we've also received requests from bloggers who have changed their URLs, deleted posts, etc, and want to remove dead links from IndiVine...

DS
from Mumbai
8 years ago
But then those who have submitted their posts and later decide to delete must not be able to submit the same post again to Indivine.

LockSign in to reply to this thread