Why can I not submit more than three posts a day?

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

just a normal question because I could see that soem bloggers have posted almost six posts in 24 hrs but I have not been able to post more than three. It begins to give errors.

Is it rank based? Or something else? If only someone can answer  :)

1-20
21-23
Replies 1 to 20 of 23 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The limit of three ( or some other number ) is per blog and not per blogger. So, if you have five blogs, you can submit three posts from each of your blog every 24 hours.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Didn't know this..

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

they post from the same blog :P i already checked that Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Innocent

Can you give the link to that blogger's IB profile page? 

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

I would rather not slightly weird about it but u can trust my eyes I checked it right :)

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

not to be a snitch or something but I rechecked and found two people who have uploaded more then 3 posts in 24 hrs. One has uploaded 4 in just 3 hours (same blog) and the other who uploaded 6! in 14 hours (same blog). I just want to tag Inditeam to tell us if the rules r changed according to something or there is a discrepance somewhere in the site coding. rest I cannot fathom 3 in 24 hrs so more than 3 will solve little purpose for me Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I remember that the posting limit is not three. It has been increased some time back. The FAQ which says that the limit is 2 per day is outdated.

But still, you should be able to submit as many posts others are able to do so. Innocent

Are you receiving an error saying that you have exceeded the posting limit or is it some other error?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think that I got confused. This is the thread I had in my mind when I have made the above reply. Two years back, the limit was per blogger. It was then changed to 'per blog'. I'm still not sure about the number.  Innocent

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

yes i was getting the error and I knew tht the limit was 3. but tis just that quite recently I began to notice people submitting more than three (almost as high as 7) in one go and then it startled me a bit. So I thought maybe indirank was an issue like maybe it was dependent on value of rank

So yes humein equality do and all that slogans being remembered! Inditeam!!! tell us whats happening Laughing

Ravindra Joisa
Ravindra Joisa
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yeah.. I have seen some of them doing that.. but I dont think people would like to view all 4, 5 or 6 of them in one shot from the same person.. 

Also, who will have time to write 6 posts a day Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Also, who will have time to write 6 posts a day.

They don't really write six posts on a single day ( except very few people ) They post all their pending blog posts at once on IndiVine. Surprised

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

ravindra thanks! I am glad someone else also noticed! makes me feel less of a lunatic.. i thought I am hallucinating (like alwys Tongue out )

its not about wanting to do it but tis about being able to... all the basic principles of equality Laughing

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

we still havent been able to solve the mystery can people please help. I have finished my three for the day and just for experiments I tried to submit another and it gave me that 3 posts in 24 hrs. Somebody from Inditeam please help!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Have you opened a support ticket? If not, then do it here: http://www.indiblogger.in/contact/

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

By sharing too many posts in IndiVine, you could be asking for a Google penalty for your blog. The links from IndiVine are do-follow and you will never know when you will be hit by a link-building penalty. That is the reason I recently asked for an option to delete posts from IndiVine when we want but no one paid any attention! I do not want to see IndiBlogger to be in the SEO news for the wrong reasons...

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

I marvel at some of the comments that I see here. You guys know so much. Are you better off or worse than we the people who just, write, post and then wait.....to see some reaction from fellow bloggers.

Google, key word, link building penalty and SEO are just so far away from  the act of writing. The other day I also read, "there are no juice building (or some such word) links in your posts". Now, WTH are these? Will some one please tell me? Thanks in advance.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Tony- You are right.....the "delete" option should have been added there....In fact I personally think that we should be given the ability of editing/deleting our thread comments too.....

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Smile True Madhu!!...I don't know and I don't care about SEO...onlything i did was to add alexa rank widget bcoz someone (literally) physically forced me to do it....but can't see the use of it and daily wonder why it's there Smile

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Sfurti --- alexa is important to know where exactly ur blog stands both globally and india

Himanshu Negi
from Delhi
10 years ago

I think that's good for SEO! you are getting links to deep post on your blog not just to homepage! Yes it may harm if your links appear on a page that have more than 100 dofollow links :)

The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

ah! Well, I thought that deleting my old profile would remove the indivine links, but its still active.

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

6 posts a day.....I think these people are believing in quantity not quality......

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

I am going a little mad now. I want to submit to teh gourmet competition and it is telling that i cannot post more than 3 posts in twenty four hours. And blocking me from posting more. This is honestly very irritating. can some one from indi team look into on top priority. I am very irritated. because gourmet ends today. 

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

It has been extented to 21 june.Cool

Don't worry, be happy

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The contest has been extended. Smile

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Hey Richa, the system should not allow more than 3 posts per blog per day. We're looking into it now to find out if there are any loopholes!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Then, what is this : link ( 2/3 was changed to 6 on that page recently ) Innocent

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

renie we need you bak here on my page it shows 3 posts a 24hrs. Help we need clarity on this !!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

May be the sentence on that IndiVine page should have read - You may submit 6 posts, 3 for each of your blog every 24 hours.

I think the sentence changed after I added a second blog to my account. 

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Yikes. That's right, it was a mistake. It was showing the total number based on the number of blogs, not the number of blogs per blog. However, I've checked our code, and our system checks this limit in 2 places, and the limit per blog is 3. I don't see how anyone can cross that limit. Frown

Richa, would you mind pointing out the blogger? We won't take action against the blogger (he or she may not even know about the limit), we'll only fix the problem so it doesn't continue!

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Even i have noticed this many a times. Some bloggers post 5-6 posts in a span of 16 hours. When i tried it, an error occured stating that i was allowed to post only 3 posts a day(24 hours)   Good you opened this thread Richa, now my doubt will be solved Smile

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Found a profile which had submitted six posts on the same day. But not sure is this is a problem cauised by IB being down yesterday. Innocent

Opened a support ticket stating teh details. Smile

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Just saw a person who submitted 7 posts in the span of 20 hours! Surprised have taken snapshots!

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

detective bushraCool

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Nandini You didn't call me detective. I too had done it. :((

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

ranjith u are rajnikanth, all chotu motu detectives copy from rajnikanth :D

Richa Singh
Richa Singh
from Pune
10 years ago

I am so sorry Indiblogger. But there has been no change as such anywhere. I have seen people upload ten, twelve blogposts on indivine. I hope this is being noticed somehow somewhere at least. 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

12?? whoa!! who on earth will so many posts from a single person in a single day..

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think Renie is still trying to find out the bug. Innocent

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
@Ranjith-Time to act like Rajinikanth yet again
Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Geez! The Beetles are out there always, and IB is not too perfect I see! But give the folks some time. In the mean time, we can inform the users to stop doing so if they are doing it.

Calling IndiPolice to discuss if we need to reach out these to members and ask them not to post?

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Hemal Bhai, when we cannot stop thread hijacking then how will we stop people from submitting posts to indivine? And really this issue is still harmless as compared to the menace that now plagues our beloved forum.
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

DS bhai.. I agree.. the preventive action can only be done at IndiBlogger code level. Trust your instints here mate, but any assistance from these guys would help Renie and team to plug the hole faster. 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Bug fixed! Smile

Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

Thanks Ranjith! Smile

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I was just wondering if the replies here should have been the other way round? Surprised This is great work, Ranjith and Renie! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Renie @ Arti :))

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

to me it always seemed like Ranjith's on board the IndiTeam. Sealed

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

renie is thanking ranjith for fixing bug?InnocentCool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

CK =))

@ ND Renie is thanking me for telling everyone that the bug is fixed thinking  everyone will start praising him for fixing the bug. Innocent

1-20
21-23
LockSign in to reply to this thread