Importance of Guest Blogging

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Reason to start this thread

I’m seeing here that not so many bloggers understand the real benefits of Guest blogging. So I thought I should create a separate thread to make them aware about the advantages of Guest blogging.

What is Guest Blogging?

Guest blogging is when you write an article on someone else's blog, and he/she agreed to host it. Basically you have to prepare an article, which should be relevant with the theme of the blogs that will eventually host it.

Why Do Guest Blogging?

If you can use it properly, you can be able to build your reputation in eyes of millions of readers (beyond your own blog). It would increase your Author rank that might help you to rank better in SERPs. Generally, when you write a guest post you are allowed to include a small author's bio box at the end of the article where you can include a small description of yourself and most importantly a link to your site/blog. The blog owner will also provide you the full credits for that article by adding some texts like “This is Guest post, written by _____, who blogs at ______” etc. The links are usually do follow, which means that blog is telling search engines like Google to follow the link. In simple words it is referring your own blog to Google. Great na?? It will help you to get more traffic, and it will also help to increase your blog’s Page rank and other ranks too.

Eventually if you start to write regularly for a single blog, then the blog owner might grant you an author account, so that you can post the articles by yourself with your own name. That will make you (the author) more credible.

Conclusion

So, my conclusion is, please pay proper attention to all the Guest Posting opportunities, and always try to write articles with relevant to the topic of the blogs that you’re targeting for. Always read a few existing articles of that blog to get an idea about what it deals with.

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Added some more explanations
Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending

Guest blogging certainly will help in back link building but for visiting point a view, I think one should consider more on bringing organic vistors from search engines as otherwise clocking higher numbers are just not possible with referal visit count..

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

By guest blogging, one will be to create a reputaion, higher author rank...It will help to increase the page rank too....Increase of traffice....Because of these factors Google will have to value the blog of the Guest author, which will bring the organic traffic.....So guest blogging also helps to bring organic traffic.....

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

thanks for the information... But certainly it is not for lazy people....

Tongue out

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Yup right, but actually even lazy people should do guest posts...coz 1 guest post in a high-quality high-traffic blog will provide lots of hits to his/her own blog, and create the reputation of the author over the blogosphere...
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Ok sir....

Smile

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Wow!! Anothe knighthood ;-) and this frm a doc..great :-P lolz
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

See.... Great men never fail to be humble....

Smile

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Doc, per your latest statement, you are no longer a man but a boy...that too 15-year old kid Wink

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Thank u thank u... ;-) ;-) @Anunoy..am obliged
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I think pankti will never stop interpreting things wrongly! That "great men" was intended for Aditya....

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Only 'great men' can properly distinguish 'great men' from ordinary people
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago
Anyway it's better to get flattered than bashed 😁
Anz Joy
Anz Joy
from Kerala
10 years ago

Ok now that you have said so much about guest blogging,Can you write a few guest article for my site BlogShear?? Please do let me know lol..

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Write a different forum post requesting for a guest blog post there :), hopefully you will find bloggers Innocent

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Ha Ha. Good one Anz.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Sometimes I think we should have a like button like FB to show our support for a particular statement.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Pantki..

Yes we should have a like button in IB too for comments Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I don't like those like, unlike, dislike, share, add, post..... buttons. Undecided

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Anz, one of your threads was already locked by me for forum rules violation. I have already told you not to spam the threads by unnecessarily giving links. This is your final warning. Any more transgressions, your profile will be deleted.
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
@Anz Joy or whatevr- I don't start this thread to look for guest post opportunities, so plz give ur brain some works to do before passing some silly irrelevant comments on...
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Somehow i didn't find any irrelevance in anz's comment... I feel it was just a light comment passed... Yea, it's a different thing that he shouldn't have given the blog link....may be he's not aware of forum rules...

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Yup u r partially right...I haven't used that sort of words if it were any1 else than Mr. Joy...just have a look on his previous forum posts...he just uses this forum for own blog's promotion...his previous track records were nt that good...though I shouldn't been that rude.. ;-)
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Oh i see... So adopting your approach - peace broda...peace!

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Yaaa peace.... :-)

LockSign in to reply to this thread