Backlinks not increasing!

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

It's now been a month since I've started blogging, and I've commented on several other blogs, at least 50. Yet the number of backlinks are not increasing, even though the Alexa rank is consistently improving!

Any idea what's going wrong? Is Google blocking my links?

Replies 1 to 12 of 12 Descending
DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Have patience. Its been just one month. Nothing good is achieved overnight. Building backlinks takes years! Remember, Rome was not built in a day. Its better to concentrate on content rather then backlinks at this early stage.
Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hey DS, I know it's a long process, but the point is that my backlinks are stuck at 3, even though I've commented on many blogs. So I was just curious to know since blog commenting is a way of increasing backlinks!

Shashank
from New Delhi
10 years ago

commenting help but most blogs have a "no follow" link on their comment section, therefore, it won't be considered a backlink. Try guestposting on high PR sites... those guarantee a better result.

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Where did you check your backlinks - Google Webmaster Tools or some other place? 

The backlinks count shown in Google Webmaster Tools is not real time. I think that there is no official update frequency.

Also, if you have commented on blogs which themselves are not crawled regularly, your backlinks count too will not increase.

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I checked it on Alexa's site! It shows decrease in rank but no change in the total links!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Check on Google Webmaster tools. Alexa misses out a lot of links. For me, Alexa shows only 70% of the linking sites. Moreover, Alexa shows only the sites which have links to your site - It doesn't list the pages. So, if you commented on ten posts on a single blog, Alexa shows that blog URL just once and not ten times.

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I checked it there, but it showed No Data Available. It seems google takes a while to update this till a site has enough traffic!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

You'll have to wait! Since, you have started blogging just one month back, keep write good articles and other things will happen by themselves with little effort. Keep commenting on other blogs. This gives you not just backlinks but also helps you make friends with other bloggers. Also, keep sharing your posts on IndiVine as you are doing now. All the best for the future of your blog! Smile

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
I told this same thing to him a couple of hours ago!!
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I've repeated it for fun! Wink

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Yeah Mr Ranjith!! Thnxx for the advice....it's easy to lose patience in this field!! Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Rightly said! Smile

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Try to get some dofollow links by doing guest blogging to the blogs that are dealing the same niche as urs...

no one links me, so i dont check backlinks, Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I'm looking some guestposts on poetry or photographs/y.... Want to contribute sir? I'll give do-follow backlink i promise ;-)

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

Commenting will not help. Comments are mostly nofollow which doesn't count

Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Yeah that is the problem! Most nofollow links are discarded, and it's hard to find dofollow ones...

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

You can use some blogs, which have enabled 'Comment Luv'....I think those blogs offer dofollow links....by the way I think you should try to build some connection with the author/owner of the blog via your positive comments or suggestions.....thus you may earn a mention of your blog on his/her next post or so....sometimes it works....

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

If you want to check whether comments on a blog are do follow or no follow, this extension might be of use to you : https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/nofollow/dfogidghaigoomjdeacndafapdijmiid 

Go to a blog post having atleast one comment. Enable 'Link Highlighting'. If the comment links are no follow, a red dotted box appears around the link.

But remember that all do follow comment links might make you suspicious in the eyes of Google.

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Yup that chrome extention is really v helpful...to check it on Firefox..go to a blog post...scroll down for the comments section...check for a comment, which has a link attached...right click on that link, and click on 'Inspect Element'...a HTML pop up body will appear...if u find 'rel=nofollow' in the highlighted area in that box, then the comments are nofollow otherwise the same are dofollow
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Yup that chrome extension is really v helpful...to check it on Firefox..go to a blog post...scroll down for the comments section...check for a comment, which has a link attached...right click on that link, and click on 'Inspect Element'...a HTML pop up body will appear...if u find 'rel=nofollow' in the highlighted area in that box, then the comments are nofollow otherwise the same are dofollow
Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thanks for the headsup on the extension Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

What Aditya said is applicable to Chrome also. Infact, this extension is for lazy people like me who do not want to do all those things. Undecided

Infact, I wished that the extension with its AI highlight links automatically without my interference whenever I want them to be highlighted. Tongue out

Kunal Goel
Kunal Goel
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks for the tips guys....but how do we know if a blog has enabled 'Comment Luv'..??

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

If a blog has comment luv enabled, then you will be able to select a blog post of yours whose link will be placed along with the comment. Below is a screenshot of the reply form on a blog which has comment luv enabled after typing the blog address.

LockSign in to reply to this thread