Google Penguin 2.0 Update Rolled Out few hour back. Have you noticed any traffi

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Few hours back Google Rolled out Penguin 2.0 or (A.K.A  penguin 4) update, 2.3% of English Queries affected...Some of blackhatter are out of SERPs.. What about your Blog? Any one noticed any traffic drop or keyword ranking drop?

Matt said few more updates will hit in Summer

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending

How to notice change within hours ?? I dont have a blog which clocks such a huge hits every minute to get a picture within hours.. I guess it would take a few days to notice the effect in general Cry

Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

You can easily check your Keyword Rankings, I usually monitor around 10 keyword which is on first position on SERPs. If any 5 of them are out of 1st page after Penguin Update then you can notice ranking drop...

Some of my Keyword on first page of Google.com  are  "sem tips" "seo guest post"  "twitter marketing trends"  "does adwords help seo"  "Importance of Affiliate Marketing in 2013"   I guess these are top 5 results.... there are other keywords too but my trial SEO software does not allow me to get more..

If you search these keywords without qoutes then you can find my blog ebuzznet

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

good one HunkyTongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I like those names a lot - Panda, Penguin... Smile

I wish that I have a large website with huge number of visitors so that I can check my stats and be proud that I am not affected by the update! Frown

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I love my small website and love more than anything to watch my effort making that small website grow step by step Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Even I was talking about a small website that has grown step by step to a large one. Tongue out

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Any newz about next PR update?? Its nt easy to undrstnd d dfrnc in such short span of time...we need to wait a few days more...any which software are u using to track rankings?
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I use Semrush, WordPress Rank reporter plugin, Advance web ranking, traffic travis.

Anz Joy
Anz Joy
from Kerala
10 years ago

Yes tremendous..

I got atleast 40 percent hike in my traffic .Now my blog vist to 1500+ day

Here is my blog

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Wow.. its not been even 12 hours since the roll out happened and you already saw increase in daily traffic ?? Are you using some kind of time machine ??

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Using blog signature is NOT allowed in the Indiblogger forum. I am tagging your profile to the Inditeam as all warnings seem to have fallen on deaf ears.
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Anz you dont respect the forum rules you should not create any more threads!!

I checked my Stats..

Noticed a gradual increase, that too from 20th may.. i doubt if that has anything to do with this roll out since i guess it happened only today right ??

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hunky they changed the algo on 8.5.2013 no one noticed it.   And pls tell me where do you get this detailed stats from, I require same kind of details

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Thread creator wrote "hours" so I thought may be it started just last day only..

I am having a self hosted WordPress installation running in a shared hosting "Linux / Apache" Platform hence hosting provider allows me access to access logs and gives couple of software to process them, this one is from "AWStats", there are many but AW is widely used..

I am hosted with HostGator Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread