Should I review a tea sample?

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Hi friends, I've got a situation which has made me indecisive, so here I'm narrating the situation to get your valuable opinions/suggestions Smile

Yesterday I got a mail through my blog contact form "Would you like to receive darjeeling tea samples for a review?". Owing to the risks associated with consuming a beverage item from a total stranger (and that too by post) I requested the gentleman to send me the review-request from the tea-company/seller's official email ID. He replied that he's the marketing assistant of a company (he provided me the website of his company too which I found out to be a ROI driven SEO outsourcing agency) and they have an agreement with the CEO of the darjeeling tea company. He also informed that, though he can't send me a mail from the tea company's domain, the tea that will be sent to me will be directly by the named tea company only.

So, what do you suggest, should I proceed with the request? Undecided

Replies 1 to 7 of 7 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I feel like laughing! SmileTongue out

Coming to your question - I hope that someone would be able to suggest something valuable. Undecided

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I would have exactly done the same thing if I was in your place Wink

Stay away my friend. 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

hmmm Smile

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I wouldn't suggest you to accept it...why can't he send you an email officially if they want to do something official and legal?

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

My only positive feeling towards the offer is for 2 reasons:-

1) It's darjeeling tea man!

2) Off course we all know that companies sometimes employ other agencies to take a market review of their product... don't they? The guy had mailed me from his official website mail only!

But it's certainly better to play safe Smile

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

I think you should accept the tea and try it. Make sure to feed it to your cat first.

If she lives and you like the tea then there is no harm in writing a review.

I hope he will send at least 500 gm of the tea and not just a tea bag though. :) 

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ Madhu  CoolCool haha...

Doc I don't see the harm in accepting the offer....its just tea..but

• Double check the tea bag/samples are original
  • Confirm with the company that you will review...but it can be good or bad either
  • Submit review ONLY on the official website
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Madhu how do you know I hate cats? Surprised

I don't think anybody is so generous to send you half kg sample for review, when a decent darjeeling tea costs around 5K bucks per kg... samples are sent usually 100/200 gm as per my previous knowledge Smile

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Sfurti, yes... as he said that the tea company will directly send me the sample I'll surely cross check by sending an email to the company... and about the review, I think I have to put it in my blog only... I didn't advance to such discussions yet...

Smile

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago

Doc, i think you are on the way to make your fortune, one tea bag at a time. Tongue out

Boond boond se talaab bharta hai.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I won't be surprised if I'm sent that too... well, reviewing the product solely depends on consumer's will and experience with the company Laughing

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

waise, sirf talaab nahi, samundar bhi bharta hai Wink

Geetashree Chatterjee
Geetashree Chatterjee
from Delhi
10 years ago

Very interesting debat. And an equally intriguing request. Gives me the idea for a Christie-like novel.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Sealed

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I was expecting an invitation for an Indi Tea Meet and now... you have rejected the offer! Cry

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Still i am awestruck by ur writing style smart boy... Nothing else is much impacting me :-/

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ Ranjith....yesss same here...CryCryCryCryCryCry

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

expectations hurt Laughing

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ AS Ask that tea company to contact Renie so that we can have a big tea meet. Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread