Raising Feasible Traffic in a month or two

Amit Ahuja
Amit Ahuja
from Sagar
10 years ago

Many of us here at Indiblogger are searching ways to build up traffic to our blog. We think that just building community or links may let us reach or goal. After commenting into forums, it feels good that we have made some contribution to the group and it 'might' follow up. But after few days or more, we realize that nothing much happened and we are still there. In the meanwhile, our posting frequency gets disturbed as we tend to move to community and forums for exposure.

As all the major things say 'Content is the King', it is still the best practice. Posting frequency, content control and simplicity are few facts that will activate your traffic. It however takes a lot of time as these days are now built up for heavier competition and the non-competitive niches are left very few.

Just make a habit of posting 1 or 2 posts daily with informative content to your niche and you will not be disappointed by the Google.

Make sure you have submitted your sitemaps, submitted your site to major search engines and rss feeds to discover your site.

I run a blog Audipage.com on which I posted the content regularly but my posting frequency got altered and the result I got was poor traffic. In the last month, I re tried the things and enhanced the posting which is now getting me what I wanted.

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

The blogger who writes short stories or pens poems, will your suggestion to post two blogposts per day be applicable to him? So what such blogger should do? :-(

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

I agree here, not all type of blogs can take this advice.. Poet cant write that much..

Amit Ahuja
from Sagar
10 years ago

Such blogger should post 1-2 articles plus he has to create a fan base to get the traffic....

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Amit, can you please repeat your suggested frequency of posting? Undecided

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

i guess rabindra nath tegore him self didnt post (i mean write) this much Foot in mouth

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

certainly He didn't Undecided

@Amit..

I agree with you in following,

• Content is the king
  • If blog has quality content, it will always have traffic..
  • Site Map and masic SEO friendly write up is required..

I disagree on following,

• More and more content, rather I prefer quality over quantity 

Check my stats..

No, i didn't post 2 article a day, rather I posted may be 2 article a week on average but I concentrated on materiel of the posts and spent a lot of time compiling and providing as much detailed and authenticated information possible for my niche. Ohh yes, my traffic grew while posting handful of article too Tongue out

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I want to borrrow your stats. :((

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Web site (load speed and performance) has slowed down a lot :( , feels really slow now a days.. Cry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The degrading performance is an indication of the increasing popularity of your site. You should be happy for that. Smile

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

not really, i have been reading a lot to see if anything cant be done from my end, but I guess I am stuck, options are like switch to simple theme to reduce number of requests and load as static as possible, or improve server performance..

I am pretty disappointed that even after spending USD 10 a month, I am getting a low and slow hosting Cry

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

you are rocking dude!

would you mind elaborating how to get that tabulated stats? Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

The screenshot is of some analytics application provided by his host.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Ranjith..

Every mordern host has it.. Infact its the most common and famous script to process raw server access logs in reader and viewable format..

http://awstats.sourceforge.net/

I think you are hosted with BigRock.in, check in your cPanel, you too will have it :D

@AS..

blogspot wont give you the option for these Undecided

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

After seeing Hunky's stats, I am feeling depressed.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Pankti..

Want to trade Sealed ??

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

My blogspot custom domain is registered with BigRock. Hosting for the Java site is with hostgator and it is unmanaged VPS. Undecided I need to do everything on my own. Cry So, I would like to be stay with GA rather than install some other thing! Undecided

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Ranjith..

Which VPS plan did you take ?? Secondly, you can easily install AW i guess..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Level 1 Cry

Anyway, I don't want any additional stats now. Let me first get some traffic. Frown

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Ranjith..

384 MB, is it enough ?? and which website you have put on VPS ?? that Java one ??

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I agree that 384 MB is too little RAM and that the reason why my site takes too much time to load but I can't afford more. Frown

Before buying the hosting, I never thought about memory. I looked only at bandwidth and space. I realised the importance of memory only after I experienced problems running Java. So, using php for the time being. 

Yes, the Java website is running on that VPS.

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Running php with lower amount of traffic that too in a self made web script with VPS is waste of money Tongue out i suppose.. but there should be a guide as how to identify when is the time for a website to switch from these general shared hosts and look for VPS and there too, how much ram to start with Frown

I guess for WordPress 384 is enough ??

I tested with Google PageSpeed and GTmatrix.. your domain scores really good.. shows what vps can do..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I know it's waste of money and I'm used to it. Tongue out The VPS was unused for two months and I uploaded the site just two weeks back. Undecided

I never found those guides interesting. Tongue out

Anyway, I expect my sites ( the current Java site and few other serious sites ) to start giving returns in a year or two. Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think 384 MB is enough for wordpress. I created a sample wordpress site on another domain for trying out things and it was working fine. 

your domain scores really good

I think it's my internet connection which is slow. Sealed

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

WordPress clean installation works good in any shared hosting too, but as the load increases with more and more plug in, as the db gets more and more hits, it starts to slow down, check mine, its now a days really slow Cry

Night hours are the free time for my blog's traffic there I check, page loads faster..

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I find measurements hard - measurement of length, area, volume - and even page speed. I really can't tell whether a site is fats or slow! Undecided

LockSign in to reply to this thread