Change the "Title Tags' in blogger for better SEO

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

You should change your default title tags on blogger for better results in the search engine rankings....Suppose you have a blog named A, and you published a new post named B, then by default your blog name will appear first than your new post title...It will be like this A (Your blog's title)- B (Your Post title)...Well this is not good for SEO, as people will search for keywords that are related to your post title right? So it should appear before your blog title...Like this B (Your Post title)-A (Your blog's title)....

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Error correction
Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

thanks Adi... checking your post Cool

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
:-) :-)
Prayag Verma
Prayag Verma
from Noida
10 years ago

Hi AdityaAfter lots of trials and errors ,these are the title tags that I use in my template

<b:if cond='data:blog.url == data:blog.homepageUrl'><title><data:blog.title/></title></b:if>

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;item&quot;'><title><data:blog.pageName/> | <data:blog.title/></title></b:if>

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;archive&quot;'><title><data:blog.pageName/></title></b:if>

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;static_page&quot;'><title><data:blog.pageName/></title></b:if>

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;index&quot;'><b:if cond='data:blog.searchLabel'><title><data:blog.pageName/></title></b:if></b:if>

<b:if cond='data:blog.pageType == &quot;error_page&quot;'><title>You&#39;ve ripped a hole in the fabric of the internet</title></b:if>

These cover all the different type of pages that Blogger has namely HomePage , Post Pages , Static Pages (eg. About,Contact Me ,etc) , Label pages and Error Pages (404 error)

LockSign in to reply to this thread