Why is my Google Pagerank N/A?

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I bought a new domain and hosting in the beginning of May 2013 and transferred all the data from my 5 month old Wordpress.com blog to it. I can see my Alexa rank but why is Google rank not available for my page?

How often does Google change Pagerank? And when does Google generate a Pangerank for a website?

Replies 1 to 15 of 15 Descending

Yes it seems they will take some time to complete the update process..

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks for replying :(

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Aditya - I was wondering about the same thing. 

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Ritu- Don't bother about...just do your work, it will give you fruitful results for sure....

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Avadhoot - my site did not get accepted so i thought Google pagerank may be a factor in that.

I know Indians need to have a functioning blog for 6 months before they can apply for adsense. I still tried though

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

There is no thumb rule like that.  My blog was accepted after 21 days and I will be completing 6 months on 16th June.  As regards to 2nd update is should be out in the second week of June.

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

AdSense has nothing to do with Google PR. In fact, traffic or revenue also does not have any direct relation with Page Rank. Page Rank is calculated based on the number and quality of links to your site but that is not always a good indication of the quality or popularity of your site. If you get a single link from a PR 6 website to you blog, your blog may get PR 4 or PR 5 with almost no traffic. I personally have PR 3 site with over 25K page views per day and have multiple PR 4 sites with less than 10% of that traffic.

Typically, Google require Indian publishers to have functioning blog for 6 months but they are not really very strict on that. I have seen many publishers getting approval before that. If your blog has lot of good quality and unique posts, you may apply. 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks for the info. I had no idea about this. They did not give a satisfactory reason so i thought maybe because I didn't have a google rank or something. Another thing was my posts have remained a little bit about eveything, no niche so I was worried.

I had heard about the Google rule of thumb (six months) and I am aware of the exceptions. I'm working on making my content unique. I'm don't know when to apply again

Avadhoot
from Jabalpur
10 years ago

Page Rank is calculated based on the number and quality of links to your site but that is not always a good indication of the quality or popularity of your site. If you get a single link from a PR 6 website to you blog, your blog may get PR 4 or PR 5 with almost no traffic.

I along with a few indibloggers have a link from Idiva.com- a PR6 site, but still my site has GPR rank 1 while alexa rank being 22,33,708.

Not only me but among those other IBloggers-barring a blogger(who had a GPR 2) none has GPR more than 1.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Avadhoot Page Rank as the name suggests is related to a page and not a site. The page on idiva which links to you has PR 4 and the page in your blog which was linked has PR 3. Isn't it a good thing? Smile

Pankaj
Pankaj
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

@Ritu: I suppose you have put a 301 permanent redirection from old domain to new domain. It will take time 2 to 3 months to pass the link juice from old to new domain. As the Google algorithem updates, PR will be back. One more thing you can do is just put a canonical tag on old domain for new domain. And, keep doing work in natural way.

Cheers Smile

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Pankaj - I did not put the 301 permanent redirection, I'm genius that way Foot in mouth

Actually I migrated from wordpress.com to .com and redirect was costing me extra money (it as also a different name altogether. I have done everything manually. I used to have more than 300 incoming links, only 58 right now Sealed

Do you suggest I use redirect now?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

So, you copied all the content from old wordpress blog to new one? In that case, Google will see it as duplicate content. Sealed

Use redirection.

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

@Ranjith - I deleted all those posts from the old blog. 

Would it still be considered duplicate?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

In that case, no. But, you shouldn't have done that - By deleting your old blog, you have lost all your backlinks.

But, as it's just five months old, don't bother about it much. Smile

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith - I have a backup so should I upload those posts to the olg blog again and get the 301 redirect?

Or is it gone for good? It was 5 months old but I had like 300 incoming linksMoney mouth

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

When did you delete that blog ?

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith - The blog is still there, I just deleted the posts that I wanted on my website. the old blog has like 10 posts now.

I started my new blog in May only so deleted stuff around 10th May

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

There is no harm in trying. 

This page from Google Webmaster Tools has some useful information. Use the 'Change of Address' tool. 

I think that after informing Google of the change of address, you can delete your old blog completely - I'm not sure of it

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

ThankS for your hep Ranjtih, i really appreciate it IB Forum king Wink

I will check it out and see what I can do. I have actually deleted the old blog's sitemap from my webmasters

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Smile

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Whoops typos!

Pankaj
Pankaj
from Gurgaon
10 years ago

@Ritu_KT:Yes, of course. If you want to get all the link juice to your new domain then there is only one way that is 301 permanent redirection.

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Whats ur blog age if your blog is 1month old and has unique content then you can apply note before applying you should check this http://www.crazytechsolutions.org/how-to-get-google-adsense-approval-fast/ This time every one is shouting on google as they are late this time for page rank update and social networking sites are flooded with this type of questions hope google update it before september as I also want a page rank
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hi Sanket, I suppose you are new on IB forum, you have been posting too many of your blog's links in forum threads. I am not sure but Indipolice might see it as breaking rules. I just thought your actions can lead to your account getting disabled so thought of informing you. If you want to keep doing it, your decision.

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thnx Ritu I will take care but I not only post my links I also post other sites links too which can help people ! Frown

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Oh Sanket, I know you posted relevant links. All I'm saying it don't post too many of them too often :) If you are doing something good, you should keep doing it but isn't it better to be cautious? 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

But that doesn't help.

Posting links on forums is OK provided that the links are relevant. Moreover, I feel that half of your replies containing links is not acceptable - with most of them not really related to the discussion. 

I've skimmed through that adsense post of yours and feel that it contains too little useful information.

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith I dont think so it has all information about adsense approval

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

OK. Each one has different opinion about quality of articles.

Just remember one thing - Posting links is OK but too many links is not acceptable. 

Let's leave this discussion here Smile

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ya arguing = wasting both's time Smile  Ok i will take care of it and I just post 1 link on my forum reply's and that also not in my all reply's .But any way I will take care of it Ranjith and Ritu thnx and by the way Ranjith why you don't you make a cool blog and monetize it as you are a leading member on IB you can get traffic easily hope you understand what I'am telling ! Wink

LockSign in to reply to this thread