Wordpress blog to a Website

Mohammad Farooq
Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hello IndiBloggers,

I've been blogging since the past two years. Earlier it used to be Blogger through which i used to post my once-in-a-blue-moon blogs, then i moved to wordpress and since then have grown into a regular Blogger. My blog happens to be 62 posts old and is slowly picking up traffic. Last one month alone it crossed 1000+ views (pretty high by my standards Tongue out). There are two things that i'd like you guys to help me out.

1> How to increase more traffic?? 

I post the links of the blog on many social networking platforms, generating some impact depending on the kind of post it is. But then, still for the regular random posts there isn't much. 

2> I also wanted to convert my blog into a website

well, i do feel that it would be great to have a website and earn some small income. But confused as to whether go ahead with the plans, with the traffic like this. and even if i do go ahead, what should be the most ideal way, which won't burn my pockets too heavily.

PS, i don't have any knowledge on stuff like coding, so using website templates from wordpress, etc will be easier. 

Thanks in advance! 

Replies 1 to 11 of 11 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

1000+ views : Is it per day, month or all time?

By converting your blog to a website, do you mean moving to a self hosted word press so that you can place ads on your blog?

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

Yes, I too have the same question as Rajni !!!

Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

It's 1000+ views per month.

and yes, you got the point Sir, from just a blog to a self-hosted wordpress to place ads. :)

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

--  --

General talk first..

• Every http:// open in browser I guess is a website and blog is just a part of it.
  • There are different software and platform to make website, some of them are more suited for blogging Tongue out
  • There no difference between Website and blog, apart from the fact that is a website when gets treated as personal note book, can be called blog Undecided

I see your blog is with wordpress.com, I suggest get a domain suited for your niche and matching your need, then just connect it with WordPress.

A domain can be like USD 10 to 12 depending on .in or .com or such, and WordPress.com will charge you USD 13 for a year to connect that URL with your wordpress url Cool

Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Tongue out

Actually when i wrote a blog, i meant just a blog on wordpress.com and wanted to make it into a full fledged website hosted by wordpress. 

Anyways, you got the whole point of it all. Your suggestion sounds good and thanks for the same. 

Some other questions that i have:

-> i've heard there are security issues associated with hosting websites on wordpress. is it true ??

-> To what extent the traffic inflow change, when i do the change, or it won't have any dramatic effect?

-> And what is the kind of traffic that is required which will help in getting people to place ads on the website??

Thanks in advance. 

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

i've heard there are security issues associated with hosting websites on wordpress. is it true ??

I am not sure, wait for others to reply, but tell you something, when you keep your blog with WordPress.com, I dont think it can be more secure than any other place as security now is getting handled by wordpress team them self Tongue out

To what extent the traffic inflow change, when i do the change, or it won't have any dramatic effect?

Just a TLD will never boost your traffic sky high, it would look good and in some cases it may give you advantage over other bloggers by giving you professional looks.. but it helps with advertisement, rather as said, for professional needs Sealed

And what is the kind of traffic that is required which will help in getting people to place ads on the website??

Again I would say let the experts to comment as for my information, niche is what decides the criteria.. as with my blog, I touched 850 (unique) visits a day with no advertisement possibility where as "Rahil" (another user) clocking 1000+ a day getting good advertisement exposer with his niche !!!

As for Google adsense, I guess 300/400 visits a day would be fine along with a 6 month old TLD to get an approval in first go Sealed

Mohammad Farooq
Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

So, i guess getting a TLD and hosting at wordpress would be just fine, although reaching a traffic of 400/500 per day for Adsense sounds really huge!!! Don't know how that will happen. Frown Forget about 1000+ UVs!!!

Is there any advice you have to help increase traffic ??  

It would be great if you could just go through my blog and let me know about. 

(It's completely fine, if you don't. I'm being way too demanding Tongue out )

Hunky @ NexGenBikes.com
from Kolkata
10 years ago

1000 UV a month is not that huge, by the way Tongue out, some people clock that in every day, specially the tech bloggers Undecided

Is there any advice you have to help increase traffic ??  

It would be great if you could just go through my blog and let me know about. 

Ahh, its a question everyone is asking, read the forum, there are many tips and topics discussing about do's and dont's Innocent also put your blog up for a review in review section,a people can advise many things there too Sealed

Mohammad Farooq
Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I know dude, it is way too low. :(

and thanks a lot for all the help. Really appreciate it. 

Bhakti Sharma
Bhakti Sharma
from Pune
10 years ago

Hi,

As far as converting the WP to website is concerned, my friend has a great offer where you can get a dot com domain, 1 year free hostin, custom themes and help with set up at an extremely nominal price. He helped me set up my blog...let me know if you are interested.

Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey,

I'd like to hear the offer. Can you just tell your friend to mail me the details ? 

Thanks. :)

Bhakti Sharma
from Pune
10 years ago

Hi,

You can get in touch with him at mail@maheshone.com

Mention my name. i have discussed this with him already.

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Now you should have a goal of getting 1000 views per day you should submit your blog on technorati as well as claim it on alexa and then should try to achieve alexa rank under 1,00,000 nad in order to get that you will need traffic and in order to get traffic you should comment on high page rank blogs (dofollow blogs) which you can get with just a search on google for best high pagerank blogs to get backlinks on and should receive a pagerank and try to create unique content above 500 words and try to create as much backlinks as you can and in a month or two you will see the change Try it ! Happy Blogging and Best of Luck

Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey thanks a lot for these tips. Will implement it straightway. Creating backlinks are something that i have not done, will do that as well. 

Thanks again for the help Sanket :)

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
How is it going Mohammad? Have u implemented the tips yet? How many visitors are u driving nowadays?
Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey Aditya, thanks fr asking. yet to implement these, once i'll do that will notify you :)

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Mohammad farooq try these tips as I am doing these as google is gonna do page rank update soon so if you wanna get good page rank comment on high page rank blogs if you get even 1 back link from a blog with page rank 4 or maybe higher you will also get such high page rank now just focus on unique content and posting comments and then tell me what you gained.Wink

Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Started commenting on other blogs for a change. The traffic increased. Right now i am trying to post on those high rank posts. Let's see what more can change. Thanks for your tip mate :):)

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago
You can buy a domain for 2$ to 5$ depending upon extension, and either redirect it to blogger or register on 000webhost for free hosting, where you can use wordpress or other cms. Total it will cost you upto 4 or 5$. And last thing. If you are a techie, then you can get domain + 70$ premium webhosting free of cost. I started blogging with 0 capital. And now making around 20-40$ per week. Excluding adsense and yahoo ads. Now planning to sell my blog, as soon it reaches 30k alexa
Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Woah!!! That sounds cheap and really good. Well i'm not a techie, but this idea of free web host sounds good. Will it be safe?? I am planning to stick with WP as have grown familiar with this. So, basically if i get a domain and host it with Webhost then it will be a maximu of 5$ ??!! If this is it, then i'll surely do it man!! 

Thanks a lot!!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Mohammad Test it for a few months before you shift your blog to that host. I've read a lot of negative reviews about it.

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

it is safe...and there are a lot of free webhost provider....I started with 000webhost... 

Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

hmm.. okay. will wait for a month to give my blog sometime.. and will weigh all these options. Thanks dude :)

Shaili Desai
Shaili Desai
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I moved my blog from wordpress to self hosted one last year. You can buy a domain and hosting and use wordpress.org for setting up your website. 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Shaili how come u dont promote posts on Indi?

LockSign in to reply to this thread