A clean responsive wordpress theme - need help

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I know a lot of Indibloggers use Blogger but I still hope someone can help me out find a good Wordpress theme that is responsive, has an option of a right sidebar and other key features. 

The keyword is 'Free' theme. I'm not ready for premium theme yet

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Additional info - I have tried 4 themes till now but i'm not happy with any of them. I tried searching on wordpress site, there are so many options but I don't have th time or energy to explore all the options I'd like to try. Help appreciated!

Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You should check this website for free themes as they provide just free Wordpress themes http://www.fabthemes.com/  They create just free wordpress themes and its too good.

Or you can check this website too http://mythemeshop.com/  Their all themes are clean and responsive and mostly free. (Try Accent box theme from this site its with premium features)

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Sanket I'll check it out

Aliasgar Mukhtiar
Aliasgar Mukhtiar
from pune, mumbai
10 years ago

blogger is better i think 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Oh I have heard it so many times but i cannot re-do everything I have done with my blog on wordpress :(  I used Blogger 3 years ago and did appreciate the simplicity of it but Wordpress has grown over me now :)

Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Blogger is not better you should check google do you have any idea of SEO ? If not then learn SEO importance and how Wordpress is too means too good in SEO plugins and you will get maximum from Search Engines too with Wordpress.I used to use Blogger but I realised soon and switched to Wordpress you can check out my Wordpress Site :- http://crazytechsolutions.org/

theme is a very personal choice so would be very difficult to suggest a design but you didnt like anything from here - http://wordpress.org/themes/ ???

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hunky - First of all I would say (:| to you Tongue out On a serious note, I tried 4 but not really happy with any of them 100% . I cannot test everything right? So i thought if someone can suggest somethng, I can try that out or better I can check out their blog to see if it would suit me

Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You wont believe me I have tried over 40 to 50 themes and my personal choice is

http://www.fabthemes.com/  and http://mythemeshop.com/  

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Ritu, see this one - labnol

The theme looks clean and is responsive. 

Clones are available.

But too many blogs are using it right now. Undecided

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith - Couldn't find it on WP site.

Is it a free theme for wordpress or a free wordpress theme?

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Wow, the link you sent is Amit Aggarwal's site, I adore him, he's so inspirational. The theme looks good. But a bit bland for my blog's personality Cool

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Here is a clone of that theme. [ I've not tested it. ]

As that page says, the original one is a premium theme - Elimin.

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I have just created a subdomain to test things out, I'll give it a try. Thanks!

Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Labnol uses theme named Elemin which is not free its premium

Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ritu never ever download any premium theme for free i.e cracked themes and this can ruin your full website google will remove you from search engines whenever visitors will go it will show malware on your site as these cracked themes are copied or you can say pirated in such a way that they have a decod code 64 in them which after some times can ruin your site so be safe and blog safe.

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
I think this thread should be in the Review Section. We cant have personal threads with bloggers asking for themes. I hope you understand my point Ritu.
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

DS - Hi, I see your point but I did not ask for a review of my theme, infact I did not ask anyone to look at my blog. I wanted to get suggestion from people about a good theme they were using. 

Does is still need to go into the review section? I will move it if it fits that category

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Its not review of theme but review of blog under which, which theme to use falls? But I will let other Indipolice decide. Some people already think I am very strict.
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

DS - I am new to Ib and i respect your judgement. I'll move it to Reviews category. I am like you too! I'm usually really strict. 

I couldn't find Reviews category in the dropdown. Can you help me out?

DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
You cant do that. I will have to first delete this thread and you will have to create a new one in the Blog Review Section. But since you took it all so very well and since the thread already has some meaningful replies, I will let this thread stay.
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you, DS. I appreciate it!

Animesh
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I don't think it should be under Review DS. There is no category for this kind of threads and in my opinion, the current category is best suited out of all available ones.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You didnt find one on the link I gave you Ritu?

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hi Vijay, actually I wanted to use a theme listed on Wordpress site. I'm afraid of trying anythign outside it.I did see the link and there were some good options. but I had a few inhibitions related to getting a theme from somewhere else 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Still thanks to you I was able to see many new layouts. It was sort of my reason to want to change my theme.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

k your wish not using wp so cant help you there

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

search on google for "120 Free WordPress Themes from Premium Theme Developers" select first result  other wise I have around 80+ premium wordpress theme and 2 frameworks.... 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks! I'll check it out

Ankita Singhal
Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey Ritu.. A while ago I have browsed/tried almost all the free themes on WP. And ultimately decided with  Chateau , you can change background, header, colors, choose sidebar side, custom menu etc. I rather like it, it's simple yet you can do so much with it. I remember liking other themes as well... but Had many problems either  with background or date display etc. You can  give it a look. 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Wow Ankita, thanks for the suggestion, I just checked it out, it's awesome and ticks all the right boxes. I'll test it out soon. Thanks again!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Ankita You really have lot of patience. I just check 5-10 themes and felt bored. Undecided

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Agree Ranjith. I tried three using the fourth and started complaining Sealed

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You are most welcome Ritu. I am glad that my 'those killing-freaking-frustrating-hours' have come to some use now. *Hash*

Ankita Singhal
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Oh I am patient when I want something real bad. And I wanted a good theme. I tried many over months.. not all but those with custom header+full width+side bar+custom menu+custom background... 

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Ankita - I quite like you determination. I'm want it real bad too, I can safely say it's a matter of impatience with me. Actually the theme I'm using looked different and colorful when I started with it a month ago, but now I see a few problems with the display like hyperlinks not showing in different colors (or even different than the whole text), I know I can change the code but I don't want to do that anymore. I have already spent so many sleepless nights on setting it up. I thought getting help on IB might the best option. And I'm so glad I did. Now I'm going to try the ones people suggested first! 

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

One thing that I don't like about many themes is that they insert too much empty space in the design. Frown

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I sometimes wish that someone could get in my brain and know what I wanted, and then design a theme for my blog FOR FREE! Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Everyone likes to get things for free -  including me.  Undecided

Lekin free has a price of its own

I can only say with surety, I can not help. 

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
@Ritu-is it sorted? Have u tested any new one? Are you satisfied? I thought k I would suggest u to use genesis..but then I remembered that you were not willing to pay...even I like freebies too...I bought a domain recently just because it was v v cheap
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Aditya - Actually it was after midnight yesterday for me (in Seoul). I will test 3 themes I like from suggestions given here today and see what I like best.Hehe >>bought domain just because it was cheapMy mantra for free stuff for blog is because it is not earning anything yet. Once my blog makes eough money (I don't know when) to cover the expenses I incurred in buying domain etc etc, I'll look into getting a good premium theme! 

Sanket Rathod
Sanket Rathod
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You should check this website for free themes as they provide just free Wordpress themes http://www.fabthemes.com/  They create just free wordpress themes and its too good.

Or you can check this website too http://mythemeshop.com/  Their all themes are clean and responsive and mostly free. (Try Accent box theme from this site its with premium features)

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Thank you everyone for your replies, I have zeroed in on two of the themes (from all the themes suggested by all of you) that I think tick all the right boxes for my website I think I'll go with either Chateau and Enterprise. 

I will change the theme next month on my website but I will try it on a private subdomain that I have created just for testing stuff. Thanks all!

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I'm experimenting with Wordpress theme designing. And it's looks really simple.

Take a barebones WP template, design using FrontPage and mix the two! Cool

Now I can get into my brain and know what I wanted, and then design a theme for my blog. Smile

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Yaar get in my brain too. I am torn between two extreme themes - one is all professional and simple. The other is like all showy and blingy!

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

For ur Java site?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Vijay  The Java site is not a Wordpress site.

I have created a new wordpress blog ( site ) on ICSE Java - a stupid site to experiment with seo, link building and every other stupid thing. Sealed

@ Ritu Does your brain have an entrance? Innocent

You will shocked if you know the design in my brain - the simplest design possible with minimum spacing between elements. Wait for a few minutes - I will upload a snapshot of that design and you will say that you don't want me to design your theme. Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Have a lot to learn from youEmbarassed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Smile .

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ This is the design in my mind.

I think that you don't need such a simple design. Tongue out

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Ranjith - I like modifying themes a little to suit my preferences but desiging something from scratch or a barebone template in my eye takes a lot of work. Kudos to you even if you think it is not good enough. I think trying itself will teach you so many things Smile and of course if you are not hapy with them, you can alays change it again to something created by others!

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I think a Java related site should be simple only so this is good enough. I like the splash of colors and the uniformity!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread