Do bloggers (you) really earn money ?

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

There is a firm belief in online world that - More than 99% bloggers don't earn money. Not even a single penny.

Do you earn from your blog? Even a single rupee till date.

Share your experience here.

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: rectification
1-20
21-33
Replies 1 to 20 of 33 Descending
Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

More than 99% bloggers don't earn money

it is wrong...   Money mouth

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Vishal what happened to the paid reviews thing, btw got a offer for text links and need your help with that pm me when you come on GChat.

D Gowardhan
from Raigarh
10 years ago

yeah it is true that more than 95% of the bloggers dont earn money

because most of the bloggers want to earnmoney just by writing what they like and share personal stuff.

What I have observed is people who share their expertise through blogging earn well.. 

just being a good writer is not enough, we need to have all the qualities of a enterprenuer. 

after all,, people who treat blogging as a business can make money.

I personally made more than 20k in one year through adsense and approx 10k from sponsored posts from my blog readitt

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

and about 10-20 % of those 99 % don't feel like sharing their tricks and techniques of earning money in public... because, after all it's a rat race.

Good luck dude!!!

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

AS lemme correct 99 % of those 99% dont share their tricksSmile

Meghana
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Vijay, should that be 99% of the 1% earning community...

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Yep Meghana my bad sorry

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Percentages... Innocent

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

This is the reality dear. You take randomly 100 blogs from IB and do a personal survey.

You will find 98 to 99 blogs don't earn even Rs. 2000/m. If you take a bigger pool, the figure is 99%. Ya, it's a fact that lots of bloggers don't like to earn also. Because they just maintain a blog for fun, to be connected and treat it like a personal diary Smile

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

yes offcourse you're right... but my iceberg phenomenon is right too... hehee

Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@ Anunoy - Now I undrstand your Iceberg phenomenon. Nice joke...Laughing

Nalini Malaviya
Nalini Malaviya
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Bloggers can and do earn money. It all depends on the purpose of the blog - just a writing avenue, promote a product/s or self or any other focus. Niche blogs tend to make more money - ads, reviews, sponsored posts. Also, a blog is a way to create offline opportunites such as consultancy, writing, talks, etc. I started my blog on art in 2006 but the idea initially was to just republish my print articles and add news & a few articles now and then. Two months ago I decided to create more avenues for generating revenue to make the blog more sustainable. So, now I hv an 'advertise' section with rates clearly mentioned which you can refer to. The problem is that I hv a highly niche blog, so the traffic is less, therefore adsense does not work for me, but it should work for other high traffic blogs.

i spend money Cry

Himanshu Negi
from Delhi
10 years ago
I have seen your blog and it's nice! If you can purchase those nice bykes then spending a little money on blogs shouldn't matter you! you're doing everything for you Love! Love = Bikes!
Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
No money. Just love and friendship.
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

That's the true meaning of bloggingSmile

Bhakti Sharma
Bhakti Sharma
from Pune
10 years ago

Niche blogs definitely do earn money by attracting lots of traffic. Paid posts are definitely an option but is it healthy for your blog? I am still in doubt! The only way your blog aids is liek a directory of your published work which you cna share iwth clients and bag writing projects.

Nalini Malaviya
Nalini Malaviya
from Bangalore
10 years ago

In my case, sponsored posts are clearly mentioned & only feature upcoming news, events, perhaps products (yet to do). If there is complete transparency abt advertizing, and the reader is informed, I feel it is ok.

But then there may be others who feel they shouldn't be accepting ads, so thats fine too! It's a personal choice.

Incidentally, as I mentioned my niche attracts less traffic!

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Partly, I think I've earned through my blog. My blog is used as a way to showcase my interest and skill, so that people looking for that will have some material to go through. I now have at least two jobs related to puzzling and I'd like to think a bit of that is related to my blogging.

It is also a place where I can connect with audiences interested in learning puzzles, or just attract them to it. So that part isn't directly related to "earning money", but is also a really good motive to continue blogging.

Nalini Malaviya
Nalini Malaviya
from Bangalore
10 years ago
I agree, adsense is just not worth it. I hv $40 so far in abt 5 yrs...I don't see a chq coming from Google ever! There hv to be other reasons also for blogging, otherwise it just cannot be sustained. The interaction with readers as others hv pointed out is priceless.
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Nalini - Hats up to you ! Blogging since 5 yrs and accumulated 40$ only. This is called passion, and that's why maximum people treat a blog as a "Personal Online Diary."

Few bloggers are really lucky to buck the trend and earn good money also. Check out this survey.

Nalini Malaviya
Nalini Malaviya
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Will complete 7 yrs this Nov :-) That should call for a celebration!
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Congrats in advance Laughing

Do you know - IB gives prizes to bloggers who have been blogging since long time, during various IB meets. Not always but occassionally they do it.

Aliasgar Mukhtiar
Aliasgar Mukhtiar
from pune, mumbai
10 years ago

I blog bascially for fun and i get invited for some events and maybe some contests , i think that's my earning, i have a adsense account but i have not activated it on my blog 

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Using Google AdSense on blog is also fun Laughing If you've one use it...

Balasubramaniam A M
Balasubramaniam A M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Google Adsense should be called madsenseKiss Why they block an account is totally unclear? why they approve an account is shrouded in mystery? I blog just for the fun of it. My work is so average that it would not get published anywhere than on a blog Kiss

Nalini Malaviya
Nalini Malaviya
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Thx, Akash!
Akash KB
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Bala - Mindless Satire is a great blog with great content.

It shouldn't be monetized. It should be distributed free to all the web-readers to enjoy and get some "food for thoughts" for free Sealed

Balasubramaniam A M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I take it as a compliment Foot in mouthTongue out

Nalini Malaviya
Nalini Malaviya
from Bangalore
10 years ago
@Bala - hv u tried to publish your short stories? I loved the satire!
Balasubramaniam A M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Nalini, yet to get a kind heart who would agree to publish my work Foot in mouthTongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I didn't earn anything through ads but earned a few dollars ( very small amount ) through sponsored posts but I yet to withdraw that amount. Frown And yes, I won many things in IB contests. Cool

Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You've also won lots of IBs' hearts alsoSmile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Smile

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago
Earning from personal blogs is not so hard, all you need to do is write valuable content and create an authority. @hunky what I said was does not apply to personal blogs.
Akash KB
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Once Darren Rowse (ProBlogger.net) had surveyed 100s of Aussie Bloggers and the RESULTS... Full-time blogging for 4 yrs (atleast) + Publish original and great content regularly + Earn an authority in your niche + A bit of luck = You can earn something, atleast to survive !

Himanshu Negi
from Delhi
10 years ago
yes it needs hard-work + patience to get success. You just need to create content without thinking about earning for few months/years and one day there will be all flying colors :)
Nalini Malaviya
Nalini Malaviya
from Bangalore
10 years ago
@Bala self-publishing, ebook, pod - lots of choice now. It also helps to be a part of writers' gps!

1-20
21-33
LockSign in to reply to this thread