Chit fund and Us, do we promote or demote.

Friends, I wish to draw attention to latest innovative ways and ideas chit fund companies collect innocent poor people's money. We shun them. Now varius branded multinational companies too do the same but benevolently under the garb of rules, in the name of insurance, again the lure of extra buck. I wish to garner opinion here, and feel free to pen your thoughts, we as a blogger, on. Lure of some prizes, should we promote these companies on our blogs.
Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Hum lalchee honge pad shaitan nahin [heroic smile]... tell me your story bro...

Sahara group, is faltering, having to return in 1000's of crores, many others faltered away. We saw kingpins brand ambassadors to them. Now mutinationals coming in india, are also raking their tummies. Should we bloggers promote with links, yo aid them in their desires, or shun them. Your expert opinion bro.
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

yes... even reputed companies like Reliance made me realise what a fool I was when I received 76K after putting 25k in their pouch every year for 3 consecutive years... I trust none now other than faithful friend Gold... anyway I'm in no mood to listen to some monotonous videos and then sing for a rich man without knowing his history or geography... I'm not brave enough for the act...

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
@Anunoy, personal question on public forum but am curious so what the heck. What gold? Do you wear gold like our dear bhappi da?

Thanks Anunoy,  [happy to hear Gold]

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I am very cynical of the whole corporate world. But usually alternate to corporate world is government. And government is even worse. Corporate structure is at least organized, effecient and somewhat honest in their greed. But governments are chaotic, ineffecient and masters of double speak. So for common citizens it is between devil and deep sea.

Among corporates I have never really seen value in most of the high end financial sector - all the derivatives, structuring, quant desk whatever. Apparently they are supposed to manage the flow of wealth in the complex world and ensure money is spent in areas of maximum benefit to mankind. Theoretically it makes sense. But in practice the underlying assumptions on which the financial structure  is build are pereverse and makes them do the opposite - the America real estate burst being prominent example.

At an individual level, yes - the exact workings of these instruments are beyond the comprehension of common man. So common man investing in them is just like blind gambling. Many part time agents of these companies are ill qualified people who promise heaven and earth to just get business. In my opinion, best to avoid and go for bank deposits and if more risk apetite shares of sound companies that have delivered good results over the years.

As far as advertising, yes. I stopped all contests for this reason. I have decided I will not allow any kind of advertising on my blog, except maybe really genuine social causes.

Three cheers to your spirit bro. The crystal clear views are very well understood, and comes from very deep understanding on the matter. Nothing could have been said better. I thought that consumer goods etc. can be promoted.
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
You are absolutely right @TF. @Rio, this forum that we are on, Indiblogger survives on their ability to advertise for sponsors. If that does not happen then how will it work?. We blog for love and fresh air but money sings for the rich man. How to reconcile the two? Yes @Rio chit funds are a loser's game. Have never touched one with a barge pole.
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Well Madhu - To be honest, facebook has made communities like these irrelavent. Bloggers can connect through Facebook communities and share their blog posts with a wider community. People can link up and organize meets in their cities themselves. As far as blogging ideas go, there are numerous sites that give prompts. So the only attraction remaining is freebies - which is why the contests and meets are so important.

Other role a business around blogs can play is filtering out the best blogs from the humongous number out there. Possibly the Blogger awards are a step in that direction.

True madhu,  but learned ignore chit fund but get thrashed ny multinational brands. Poor have no respite. 

True madhu,  but learned ignore chit fund but get thrashed ny multinational brands. Poor have no respite. 

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

I second TF because while collecting money, as in SIP and ULIP, insurance companies and investment companies show an average return of 40% per annum; but when time comes for liquidation, they will show you the conditions apply clause. End result: you get a return of 4% or 5% per annum for 3-4 years, which is quite less than FD's ROI.

Conclusion: Unless and until you understand the complete ramifications of investing in SIP or ULIP, better stick of FDs and traditional recurring savings accounts.

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Thus spake the financial professional.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@Madhu  Cool

Well analysed, pankti. 

Some months back I was travelling to kolkata by train and met a group of agents of some kolkata company accumulating money by way of shares. There leader tried to convince me, and I tried to bhadkaao his agents, but none was ready to listen to me. The locsl poor youth become their prey, and then they dupe themselves and all their kinz and whole village. 

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

For the money making purposes the max returns order over the long term is this :-

Derivatives > Stock market >Real Estate > Mutual Funds > ULIPs> New Pension scheme, SSC > FDs > gold , Govt bonds

In terms of risks order is reverse with slight changes :-

Govt bonds (safest) > Pension scheme, SSC > FDs> Gold > ULIPs > Mutual Funds > Real Estate > Stocks >Derivatives (riskiest)

Chit funds or instant money ponzi schemes invest in unsecure pvt FDs or high risk stocks with no guarantee. Fully agree with @TF, @Rio and others - promoting such schemes is just not worth it.It mayeven be risky in case of a crackdown.

For short term returns best is bank FD while for medium term reurns MutualFunds, Pension Schemes and BlueChip stocks (requires some basic market knowledge) are the best avenues.

Rightly said Dr.  Pushkar

Rightly said Dr.  Pushkar

LockSign in to reply to this thread