How to watermark pics?

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Hello,

I want to know how to add watermark to the snaps. I have been told that I can add it through paint but unfortunately, it didn't work for me. Any other simple ideas?

I would really appreciate any help in this matter.

Cheers!

PS: Please don't use hi-fi technical jargons for answering as I am technically illiterate.

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

I use Batch Watermark Creator. It's one fab small software, where you can get your template ready, drag the pics you want to watermark and run the process to have them as output with a desired size (like 4000x2000 being downsized for web friendly 1024x768). Also, it has got number of customization with text style and transparency. It's easier and better than Picasa/Photoshop.

http://www.easy-tools.net/batch-watermark/

Only problem - it's worth $30!

I will try to post about a free toll later in evening...

Just for purpose, see if you can find a 60% transparent watermark of the photo attached.... (hint: it's in centre of the pic)

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks Punit. And yes, I am faintly able to see the bookmark :)

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Pankti, download IrfanView....(yes, it's free)

open your image in that....

left click and drag to make a selection box over your image where you want to put your text....

Click on edit option, then select "inser text into selection" and there you can choose font size, style and colour, everything....

Hope it helps... [Sigh]

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Thanks AS. I will try it in the evening. Smile

Stuti Shrimali
Stuti Shrimali
from Mumbai
10 years ago

u can do thru picasa and even adobe photoshop.

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

@ Pankti and others who have been watermarking pics using some tideous processes, you can make use of a variety of Batch watermarking softwares. My personal favourite is uMark http://www.uconomix.com/Products/uMark/Default.aspx. Though it's a paid application, you can use it conveniently with a lot of usable features even with a trimmed down free version, after the trial period expires.

You can make a separate PNG using Adobe Photoshop or some other image editing/creation application, and apply it to your images. Apart from that you can type in on the photos. uMark lets you do it both ways. I've been using this for quite some time (the trimmed down version), and it works wonderfully. I use it to watermark my photos on my blog as well as on my flickr account and anywhere I want to post my pics. Check out my blog for some examples. (shameless self promotion - as an example)Tongue out I've used PNG image with transparent background, created using Adobe Photoshop, and overlayed on the pics using uMark.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

why would anyone pay for watermarking their pics when it can be done so easily via paint or picasa which are not tedious at all, rather very easy Innocent

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Who said I'm paying for the software? I downloaded a trial version, which got trimmed down on features after it's trial period expired, and I can now use it for free (legally), sans a few features.

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

hmmm...ok thats better 

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

@CyberKid, I will try that. Thanks. Smile

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Watermarking is not just about watermarking, but also to have ait done without degrading the pic and if you are into PhotoBlogging - to have a common template all across. At that point comes the role of Templates which are rather easy doing with a native Watermarking software than on any Photo-editing software...

For leisurely marking the pics Picasa and Photoshop ($$$$$ in cost) would be rather good....

Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

ALL you need is http://pixlr.com/express/  PIXLR EXPRESS  to handle all your image needs... it is one of the best image editing online software highly recom..

Pixlr express version is very easy to use

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Yupp am a Big fan of PixlrExpress...it's a Muaah software...

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Just tried it...it is awesome and easy to load and use Cool

Thanks

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

@Sfurti - I u have got a smartphone - do install its App. Free with all features on Android and for a few bucks for iOS.

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Punit no smart phone Cry  Cry

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Wow Vishal. Thanks Smile

Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Pankti Mehta  mention not..

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
@Pankti- where will u use the images? There are more than 1000 softwares for this purpose
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Aditya, actually my SIL is planning to start a photo blog and she doesn't know how to watermark her snaps. And so she has asked me about it. I am gathering all the information and in the evening we will sit together and see what works the best. Smile

Nitin Kandhari
Nitin Kandhari
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I Personally use Picasa 3.0

Its free and easy to use. U can not only add a watermark but also edit pictures from a whole range of options and downsize them too.

Here's how you add a watermark:

1) Import pics

2) Select all and hit 'Export'

3)Select the 'Add Watermark ' option

4) Text box gets enabled

5) Enter text necessary and submit

Limitations are - you cannot edit the font size, no image or logo can be added too.

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Yupp! Thats why I use Batch thing, single template replicated everytime with a little edit. But, I certainly use Picasa for its plethora of inbuilt edits...

Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Plus the Batch thing also gives an option to watermark in more than way simultaneously... Like you want to add your blog address at one corner and Caption/Post Title on the other...

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Plus a batch stamper gives you uniformity in watermarked images, which can't be achieved by using MS Paint, or other such editing software. Can't say about Picasa or IrfanView, as I haven't used any of these. Doing it individually for images using a photo editing application is a tideous, and boring thing. I've done this using Photoshop where I had created a layer with the text I wanted to use as watermark. It takes too much time.

Hmmm
Hmmm
from Nainital
10 years ago

Picasa is the best and easiest choice to put watermarks, as already suggested by fellow members.

Steps are quite simple! Open the photo with Picasa > Click 'Edit in Picasa' > Select 'Text' option from the Left pane and you watermarking manager is ready to serve your pics.

The best part is you can adjust the color, position trasparency, font style and even rotate and flip the text if you want.

LockSign in to reply to this thread