Book Reviewers needed for Self Published Authors

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey there,

I'm a reviewer for Indie or Self Published Authors from various countries abroad and a LOT of them want to tap the Indian Market!!

Are people interested in reading and posting a review for their books on their blogs?

The first book is by a Brazilian Author called Cristiane Serruya

Here is a Short Summary of the Book. It is the first part of a Trilogy

They are beautiful. They are rich. They are strong willed and successful. They have everything, but love. And each one of them has a dark secret looming in their past.Sophia is a 25 year old Brazilian widow. Intelligent and ravishing, she flees from her own country after a tragic incident. Hiding from everyone and everything, she remains alone, torn between the love for a dead man, the torment of living without part of her memory and the fear of moving on. Ethan is one of the most important tycoons in the steel industry. As the memory of an awful evening in his adolescence haunts him night and day, he keeps looking for an elusive woman whom he could love - and who would love him - as he never has in all his 35 years... Until he finds Sophia. Alistair is a 34 year old powerful banker, searching for one–night stands with women who will warm his bed. And that he can punish physically to abate his anger for his late wife's black deeds and his own guilt for being such a debauched man for so many years. Any woman will do, and he has many to choose from, as they all fall instantly for his manly, devilish charming ways.In Europe, in the months after October 2009, their paths will cross and clash. Who will win the prize of love?This book is the first installment of a trilogy.It is intended for 18 and up.

Note: It contains sex details and strong language but it is themed around the lives of 3 people and is categorised as thriller and fiction. It is not erotica.

Interested people can please send me a direct message and I'll get you in touch with the author!

Also for people who would like a copy of the book, you can participate in a giveaway on Goodreads and if you win, you can get your own physical copy of the book!!

http://www.goodreads.com/giveaway/show/59706-trust-a-new-beginning

I hope we can use this forum to swap books and read and review for a lot of Self Published Authors!!

Cheers!

Replies 1 to 14 of 14 Descending
TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I am not interested in this book. But if there are interesting books in the science fiction, fantasy, travel adventure or historic fiction genres, you can let me know.

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Hey Niyati, I would be interested for this. However, how can I review a book if I don't have it with me? I can enter in the competition, win it, read it and review it. But what if I don't win?

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Good question, Pankti. If this is just advertising and you are giving nothing, this thread might have to be locked as well.

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey there,

The goodreads giveaway is an additional way to get a physical copy of the book with you. If you are interested in featuring the review on your blog, then the author will send you an e-book in PDF, Kindle or ePub formats (whichever you like) and then you can feature the review on your blog.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Then Niyati, I am interested Smile

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@The Fool, do you want me to look out for those types of books on Goodreads and then keep posting?

Also, I am only a reviewer. I cannot give anything. Neither am I advertising the author's books. I am asking if we can have a system because a lot of authors would be interested in being reviewed by Indian Bloggers. I myself have been asked by a few authors if they knew people in India who would want to review the book.

In case the person is interested, it is the sole responsibility of the author to make sure that a copy of the book is delivered to the reviewer via email. 

TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I can see no harm in this. And yes - if any of the books are in the genres I have mentioned I shall express interest.

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Also,

There is a group on Goodreads called Making Connections where so many Self Published Authors offer limited copies of their books free in EXCHANGE for an HONEST review on a blog just to get visibility for their book. 

Interested people could if they wished go and purchase the book from Amazon or other retailers.

I just thought since there is a lot of spotlight and I do get queries about Indian reviewers, we could start something similar on Goodreads without necessarily having an account there.

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Pankti, if you could send me a message with your email, I shall get you in touch with Cristiane. In the meanwhile, you can look at her blog, http://www.cristianeserruya.com.br

Hope you enjoy the book! Not to be biased but it is addictive!! I've reviewed it on my blog too!!

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Sure Niyati. Add me in the network. I will add you too and then send you an indimail.

Here is a proposal, any author who wishes to write a guest post for marriagebook,  I will surely review his/her book.

Any takers.

Relieved

Kalpana
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Can you tell me a bit more about this.

I have a blog, marriagebook, I am bookworm of the 70's era, and reading ebook is a task in itself. I need guest post for marriagebook and if author of ebook  an write guest post on any marriage related thoughts,  I will surely read ebook and review it. [I jope this is clear]

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@The Fool, that's great. I get an email every week about featured books and I can keep updating this thread with all types of books. I shall look out for Science Fiction, Travel or Other Literary Fiction

Thanks for the support

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

So I should drop you a message telling which one of those I am interested in and my e-mail id?

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Nandini, mostly all shall be e-books because these are self published authors who might not be able to send a physical copy across. However, this all depends on the author in question as I shall be sending your email addresses to the authors who shall initiate the conversation!

But I expect most of them shall send e-book copies since they offer those for review on Goodreads too!!

Hope this answers

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

cool, do you have books in horror/paranormal genre, i'd love to review them

Kalpana
Kalpana
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Hi Niyati,

I'm interested in reviewing the first book you talked about - by the Brazilian author. Will check the other links and get back to you.

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi, I too am interested in Book reviewing but not much with this Trilogy book. will check the links and mail you :)

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hey,

It all depends on the author who is ready to offer the books to review. I do not have a collection of books to offer, I only find them on Goodreads and then bring it here.

@Kal, request sent to the author already

@Nandini, let me talk to an author who has an upcoming series and see if he is interested!

@TheFool, yes please, whichever book you are interested in. I shall go to the Forum on that link and contact the author

Sorry for the delayed responses, I was very caught up at work

Niyati Mavinkurve
Niyati Mavinkurve
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Book- THE BIRR ELIXIR BY JO SPARKES

Marra never heard of Birr Elixir. But when Drail sees the potion in her dead mistress’s book, she agrees to make it. Even lacking the right ingredient.

And after drinking it, Drail and his men defeat a Skullan team – something no one has ever done before. Marra is offered a place as his traveling potions mistress. Full of doubts of her own ability, she takes the chance to escape her slave-like existence.

Then her potions woke a man who was not supposed to wake. 

Now every day draws more attention from the True Masters. And their motives – and morals – are not for the faint of heart.

If they discover the truth …

This is Part 1 of a Series recently published.

Interested people kindly send me an Indimail with their email addresses

LockSign in to reply to this thread