How easy or difficult is it to channelize our power/s in the correct path? Let's

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Hi friends, we're mostly talking about contest/indirank date delays of late, so, I thought (rather scratched my thin layer of hair) to bring up this topic which may or may not interest you but I'm sure sometime or the other you encounter it in your 'not so surreal' life. Topic is ---> How easy or difficult is it to channelize our power/s in the correct path? It's really need of the hour because many a times we see even the most responsible/rational guy ends up misusing his power, either being demotivated, or pressurized, or disturbed due to personal problems. Containing our power within ourselves (like a lithium battery?) and using it only when required not only saves others from undue troubles but also presents a genuine positive impression before others. So, let us reflect on- How easy or difficult is it to channelize our power/s in the correct path? Let us not be power-blind... let not power overpower us... let us be the pilot... Let's discuss about these guys with open hearts [Smile].... Cheers!

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

For this, its first important to define what exactly is a "correct path". Because lets face it, once you move along any uncommon path, you're required to have some level of guile to keep it going or simply just survive in this world. But if you just go through a normal life with a normal job and don't do anything about anything beyond your regular reach, thats easy enough. So is that the correct path, or going out of your way to do something special/help someone/build something?

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

PS, I agree with you. The definition of "correct path" is quite relative. What is correct for one may not be correct for anyone else simply because the circumstances affecting both of them are different. So unless and until, the activity doesn't hurt anyone else, it can be said correct (most probably Tongue out).

Secondly, power is quite addictive and one can easily get drunk by power (be it you, I or anyone else). Not everyone can handle it properly. So how can one utilize his/her properly without misusing it? Well, there's only one way for it - self awareness. Now this will lead to the question that how can a one be aware of these things? This only makes me scratch my head dejectedly for what works for one will not work for another. The factors such as culture, upbringing, circumstances, individual's reaction to certain experiences will more or less impact one's thinking process. So there's no concrete solution to it. The person who has all the power in the world will likely need to go through a huge loss before he/she realizes the actual meaning of power he/she wields.

This point is a gray topic. There's no black and white situation here.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

thanks for reflecting Champuncle [innocent grin]....

You've picked up some very important keywords like 'correct path', 'build something' etc...!  See, correct path was never defined in a way that simple men like us could understand... So, using some basic functions/programs of human brain we can at least try to chalk out our correct path... well, there are two things- 'Correct path' and 'Correct path for us'... here I'm only talking of the former. Channelizing our power in the correct path can mean, using it in such a way so that its effect even if not beneficial, shouldn't antagonize the interest of others... isn't that a trivial affair unless we're wasted due to this?

Suppose:  you're given the responsibility (power right?) to manage a feast of 100 heads and paid for the same... 91 guests turn up... so, 9 plates are in excess... two uninvited needy-looking guys try to get their heads into the hall and you succeed to catch them. So, now what's your correct path? Would you kick their a$$ out or let them savor 2 out of 9 extra plates?... Hahaaa, pardon me if you feel I'm going OT but things are like that only.... As I'm not the host, but with the power to conduct the things I would love to go with the later option... but, outlook varies, so do the actions [plain intention-free smile]......... 

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

well said Pankti!

So, we both are agreeing on "unless and until, the activity doesn't hurt anyone else, it can be said correct"....

"culture, upbringing, circumstances, individual's reaction to certain experiences will more or less impact one's thinking process"- Good, you talked of both short term and long term factors!

"power is quite addictive and one can easily get drunk by power (be it you, I or anyone else). Not everyone can handle it properly. So how can one utilize his/her properly without misusing it?"-- Yesss offcourse... that's the reason we're reflecting over it... what are we actually doing? Trying to increase self awareness and create self motivation to misuse our powers as less as possible... simple! [take it easay buddy wala smile]

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

AS I'll give a gray-er example, related to my own interest. When beginners come to me for tips/pointers, I'm ever-ready to give them, because of two reasons - 

1. I love teaching. Even in my school days I used to teach a bunch of classmates, and since then that interest has stayed on now that I'm really good at puzzles and can share that.

2. I believe in my passion, and the general awareness of it.

BUT, there could be others not as ready to part with the same knowledge and help newcomers, because of two reasons -

1. They may not actually like teaching, or connecting with the others.

2. Its a direct conflict of competition in a way, if the good players go on and help the newcomers.

Now in this scenario, which is correct? I'd say both are correct enough. One is looking out for the long term and overall growth, but might be bad for oneself, and the other might seem selfish, but in the short term, it looks right as you're stopping competition for yourself. See what I mean? Many times, there's no "correct path" and you channelize your power in a way that you see right. Thats fine too, as long as you're not outright harming anyone.

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

AS, as I said before, there's no concrete solution to it. The person will stop using his/her power negatively only when he/she realizes that whatever he/she is doing is not acceptable on the morality level (and not in the eyes of legal system or society because both these systems are worthless in crucial times). Now the question comes about realization. I don't think anyone would just realize that he/she needs to manage his/her power positively just because somebody told him/her so. He/she will need to feel the need from within, be it at home, work or any other aspect of life. So how to realize the need for it? In my opinion, that's the question in which the entire mankind gets lost. Some presume wrongly they are already conscious about it and they are doing so positively; some are actually doing it but they aren't aware of it; some are aware of these issues but still they are not interested in following it; and so on and so forth.

Now you tell me, what could be the solution for this power mismangaement? InnocentCool

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

As the wise men said - with Power comes responsibilty. Only a few people have that guts to accept that responsibility. 

Correct path though could be rerlative, but we all know a path that follows moral ethics (and please they arent relative) will be Correct in the best senses.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Helmet off to you broda [smile]

Aah, Anunoy,  very interesting topic raised.  And I see I missed much action as I was under the power of my darling mrs.Rio. [sheepish wala grin].

I could have written long paragraphs but seeing plight of nandini chose to say my points slowly in fragments, to enlighten the whole world, especially Anunoy. I hope in a month's discussion we may find the path.

Famous song is coming to my mind, firstly God utilzed his powers to create, please just give a thought to this song in silence, then we proceed further.  "Duniya bananewale, kya tere man me samaayee, kaahe ko duniya banayee,"kaahe banaye toone maati ke putle,

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Wah wah Rio...awesome song..

kahe banaye toone mati ke putle, dharti ye pyari pyari mukhde ye ujalekahe banaya toone duniya ka khela, jisme lagaya jawani ka melagupchup tamasha dekhe, wah re teri khudaikahe ko duniya banai...

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nice Rio your song gave me the power to manage and control Smile

“Any fool can criticize, condemn, and complain but it takes character and self control to be understanding and forgiving.” – Dale Carnegie

Thanks sfurti for the full song lines, and appreciation of it.  Thanks vijay. I had read somewhere,  "No matter how bad a man is, never break with him completely, water no matter how filthy may be, can certainly put out a fire in time of need.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Wow Rio it seems like you have got a PHILOSOPHERS STONE Smile

I was in search of it bro. This stone is called paras, researched a lot, then deviated to search of god, god knows kya hoga mera. Kuch bhi kar ke pray karo mere liye bro, kitna log humko udhaari de ka bhoolega, hum accountable haina god ke darbar me. 

Ego, yea, a constituent byeproduct of power. This power some get by birth into certain caste, creed, or gender. And contains in it the full ability to send utmost powerful into jail, if one tries to hurt or unknowingly hurt their ego by some words.
Path awaits for tredders, Goals beckoning and ready to embrace the one's reaching them.
One incidence comes to mind. Milarepa had been poisoned by a desciple to acquire the wealth he had. This person now came to Milarepa, who was suffering with the agony and pain. Talk went thus : o'master, only if the disease was transferable, I bow my head to transfer it to me. Milarepa : " it cannot be borne by you for even fraction of a second son. I take it as god's grace and I am happy to have come to my end with it. Desciple: thinking, it is untransferable, and doubts if he knows he had been poisoned, "master, but I insist," Milarepa: ok, i will transfer it on the door, for a second, and you can see" Door starts croaking heavily. Milarepa takes it back.. Desciple : thinking it's just some magic only. "I insist Master. Milarepa : ok then I will transfer 1/10th of it for a second. Desciple starts writhing and croaking with unbearable pain. Understands that master knows all. Falls down asking forgiveness.
Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
I wrote a long philosophical comment and it was wiped out when I hit the post button because of.......I don't know what. To address the question in the topic. We can channelize our power/energy into the correct path if we understand that this world is a musafir khana and tomorrow we all die. No one can take away anything from here no matter how hard he tries. So why the tussle and all hanky lanky to hoard stuff? I was reminded of this by the the movie I saw recently. The Christmas Carol written by Charles ****ens. Basic concept is do good and let the rest go hang. I understand it is almost impossible to follow this but we can try for sure. (Sheepish grin to offset the unfamiliar philosophical mode) Sorry, the author's name has been censored by India morality I think.:)
True madhu,
Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Madhu so true...completely agree with you. Believe in this and try and follow it as much as I can!!

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Indi morality was corrected to India by my intolerant software I think. Sigh....

LockSign in to reply to this thread