failure to vote

Vijai
Vijai
from Lucknow
10 years ago

i tried thrice to vote one post 'my perfect road trip' by indrani ghose but duplicate vote was shown.this is not proper.

Replies 1 to 4 of 4 Descending
Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Vijai, I did not get you here? maybe your vote counted in the first click only, do elaborate the problem

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

There are only a limited number of posts you can vote per hour. 

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

i think that's 50, i had a similar problem few days back.

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

If there are two to three users using Indiblogger from the same IP address, that's when 'Duplicate vote detected' pops up! This is a problem for me too as me and my sisters use Indiblogger from the same IP address!Undecided

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Bushra: I don't know if thats possible, if it is then it needs to get attention. the IP address may be same but profiles of indiblogger are different so why duplication notice? I think you would want to report it! Surprised

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yes Shantanu, it's really irrritating to accept that only one of us sisters can vote for the post we all like! I think I'll have to report it...

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

I think that's a flaw in their system or something Innocent

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Opened a support ticket!Smile

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

May be the IP check is done to ensure that a single person doesn't create multiple profiles and votes for his posts from all those profiles. Innocent

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

How is it possible to create multiple profiles unless you have multiple blogs and email addresses? Innocent

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Create multiple blogs with five stupid posts in each. Tongue out

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Ranjith: and do what with them juggle from one to another just to vote for some other person ... nah don't think so CoolTongue outWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

vote for some other person

You should vote for your posts. Not for others' posts.Tongue out

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

But Ranjith, where would be that feeling of satisfaction if you keep on voting your own posts? :-w

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

same IP means...??? 

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Same IP means same internet connection ND...

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Pankti Different people find satisfaction in different things. I feel satisfied when I don't vote for any posts. Tongue out

@ Bushra Not necessary. Many computers connected to the internet can have the same ip ( when connected to a  local network or wifi Tongue out ) 

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I know that Ranjith, I meant to say the sameInnocent I use my laptop, sis uses her's and we have a PC too-All of them-same IP!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Sorry Innocent As usual, I didn't read your reply properly. Embarassed

Renie Ravin
Renie Ravin
from Chennai
10 years ago

This check was put in place because a few bloggers who had 10 or more blogs would create a seperate profile for each blog, and then vote for their own posts using each profile. The aim was to get to the top of IndiVine. I do see that we need to have a balance though - people with a few other IndiBloggers in the family shouldn't face this problem now. Smile

LockSign in to reply to this thread