Maximum Traffic a day for an Indian blog

Kiran Pande
Kiran Pande
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Is it  possible to get 500 hits per day of unique visitors for an Indian blog:

• If yes then how?
  • and on what subject?

If not then what no of hits of unique visitors per day could be considered as a good traffic for a blog ?

Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

yes   any Subject...

Search Engine Optimization

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
10 years ago

I'll be elated if I get 100.

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Niche can be any...tech, finance, education, health, movie, entertainment, comics, sports etc...proper SEO, rich content can easily do the trick...I've a 2 mnth old blog which is already getting 500 UV per day
Mohammad Farooq
Mohammad Farooq
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I've got visits to the tune of 1000+ per day.. In my case it depended on individual posts on the blog.. Sometimes it happens, sometime it doesn't. Blogs on Movies or cricket have got the maximum Views/UVs in my case. 

Kiran Pande
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I have seen your blog. Great template and quality posts on varied subjects. However, I'm still perplexed as to how you get 1000 U/V per day?

Also, what do you think of subjects like Celebrities or Sex? I have seen these subjects getting getting lots of traffic.

Kiran Pande
Kiran Pande
from Mumbai
10 years ago
  1. What's your opinion on putting lots of information widgets, gadgets and add ons, related to your blog's subject on your blog to increase traffic? To what extent these can help?
  2. Still I'm waiting for replies on-what is an ideal traffic-50, 100, 500 or more than 1000 per day?
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Mr.Kiran there is no ideal number, the more the merrier Wink For Adsense you should have atleast 1000+ unique views(as per GA) everyday to give you some worthwhile revenue which you can boast about.

For point no.1 social sharing widgets help a lot to gain you visitors.  Google + is very useful as 1 + on your post by a person with large circle may equal to the n number of reads.  Ditto for Facebook.   RSS feed subscriber button gets you dedicated readers(though each one may not open the email and visit your site). Having a fast and responsive theme or template also helps.  Ads also help (this is my experience though many disagree).  In addition to that a custom domain is more visually appealing to a visitor then a blogspot domain.

And for your focal point : the answer is smiple yet complex.  There is no whim and reason for a post going viral.  Making some controversial posts often helps but it should remain in the bounds of law and morals.

If you have WMT  you can check which keywords from your blog have made max number of impressions, once you identify them you can go for similar keywords in all your posts and you will find that you have discovered your niche.

This has been my experience. 

Kiran Pande
Kiran Pande
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Prabhu, thanks! A very logical reply. I hope other members, like me, who are struggling to get a U/V traffic of 1000 per day to earn something from AdSense will benefit if they read your analysis. What I have realized, there is no magic formula and still do not know how search engines behave to rank you, with all you do with your posts or practice SEO recommondations... http://aceguide.blogspot.in

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

Difficult for a travel blog from my experience :)

Tony John
Tony John
from Kerala
10 years ago

500 hits per day is not that difficult if you now the tricks. Obviously, it is not the great authors who make the best success on the web, but it is the people who have the traffic building skills and who know the tricks succeed here. You should know how to build traffic, how to apply some basic SEO etc. I just started a new blog few weeks ago on a specific model of a scooter. It is getting about 1500 visitors per day (4000-5000 page views), which is a typical example of building micro-niche blogs. I am not really a micro-niche guy, but this is done as an experiment.

Kiran Pande
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks Tony for your valuable advice. I think, apart from SEO techniques the selection of subject for a site may be eually important. I have seen one of your blog and probably what I mentioned may also be true. Great job being done by you. Congrats!

http://aceguide.blogspot.in

LockSign in to reply to this thread