Prasanna our champ makes it to the World Sudoku Meet features in Times of India

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Another feather in the Champ's cap, featuring on the 1st page of the sports page of Times of India, Mumbai edition today 3.8.2013.

I congratulate him and wish him luck for the World Meet 

Dont forget my iPhone Smile

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Photo added
Replies 1 to 17 of 17 Descending

Congo's Prasanna,  Rock on. 

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Rio Smile

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks a lot Vijay Smile Hollow iPhones for all!! Tongue out

If you see the results the top 3 was extremely close. I think Rishi, Rohan and me are definitely the best solvers in India and Jaipal's a good addition with a load of experience. Hopefully we can do really well as a team this time. 

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

PS you will make it this time 'Prabhu ka ashirwad hai' and hollow iPhones for all and genuine one for me Smile

Kuch to milega na, 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I want solid iPhone Laughing

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Congratulations Prasanna! No hollow iPhones, we want filled ones.

Thanks to you i have started solving puzzles again. You've got me hooked to 'Parks'. I've been busy planting trees for the last 2 days! (iPad app - Logic games)

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Ritu! I'm glad I had that influence on you, especially since you seem to be having fun because of that Smile

iPhones shall be filled.. Not with anything meaningful but, filled Tongue out

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Congrats Prasanna. Smile

The cut out words at bottom of the screenshot look like puzzles that are hiding from PS. Tongue out

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Actually it is linux hiding from you Ranjith Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Why will Linux hide from me? Innocent I am the one hiding from Linux. Sealed

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

PS didn't tell me thanks for my congrats. :((

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I jut saw the linux part of this and assumed it was continuation of above Embarassed Thanks a lot Ranjith. I don't think puzzles hide from me. Everyone likes to meet their makers Tongue out

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

PS broda.... or, my Champuncle, I'm so proud of you!!!

though TOI only knows of your puzzle talent we know of your philosophical side too, may be before the next big news I can mail them and request to add that too [won't let you to live peacefully wala grin].....

Congratsssssssssssssssssss [blissful smile].....

Now my next step is to butter PS to make him agree for an interview in my just4suzan [businessman wala smile]

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hehe, its good to have young fans Laughing Thanks a lot AS. I'm fine with an interview as long as you don't force me to answer pointed questions Sealed

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

great PS... catch you in SKYPE as per our fb-chat [shake hands with measured smile]

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I'm really scared of measured smiles Undecided but, yeah Tongue out

Punit Dubey
Punit Dubey
from Navi Mumbai
10 years ago

Congrats Prasanna! :D

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Punit Smile

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Congrats dude. I just saw in the newspaper and I was about to post. But already a thread has been created. People are too fast.

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks TF Smile Ya this was pretty fast, I wasn't expecting it when I woke up to already be there. It really feels good, thanks again to Vijay.

Madhu Bhardwaj
Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Well done Prasanna!
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Madhu Smile

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
And the news is in Delhi Times too. I saw it there.
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Delhi Times, or Times of India in Delhi? Delhi Times would be surprising. I think its on the main Times of India's Sports page in every city where ToI has circulation.

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Yes, you are right. TOI Delhi edition Sports page.
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Right. I checked the Epaper site and its in Sports page of all ToI editions. Apparently tomorrow it'll be on Bombay and Hyderabad Times respectively (since the winners are 2 from each of these cities). Smile

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Ok, today it is on the front page in Delhi Times and the detailed report on an inner page. I hope they are sponsoring your trip to Beijing.
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Yes, they are, sponsorship and publicity are pretty much the reasons Logic Masters India partnered with ToI. They'll pay the Sudoku part of my participation fee too. Unfortunately, I'll have to pay the puzzle part, because the Indian Puzzle Championship isn't sponsored as of now. But thats really less compared to the overall usual expenses.

Saru Singhal
Saru Singhal
from Toronto
10 years ago

WOW, that's incredible. Congrats!

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Saru Smile

Ragini Puri
Ragini Puri
from New Delhi/Ludhiana
10 years ago

Many congratulations Prasanna! :)

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Ragini. Smile Are you by any chance related to the winner? Tongue out

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Hey PS! Congrats! And again best of luck for the future games (as I keep saying Tongue out)

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Pankti! Smile <-- as I keep saying Wink

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
Many Congrats PS and best wishes for the finals! Go get them!
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks a lot DS Smile

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Congrats and all the best for future games....

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Smile

Sherna Jayaraman
Sherna Jayaraman
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

WOW PS Congrats!!

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Snuffles Smile

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

http://epaper.timesofindia.com/Repository/ml.asp?Ref=VE9JTS8yMDEzLzA4LzA0I0FyMDM0MDM%3D

Today's Bombay Times as promised. Mostly the same content, but the photo is different, and names are all labeled.

Congrats Prasanna ! This is good news :)

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Uma Smile I was about to type your initials, then I realized thats UMA too! 

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Congos Prasanna! That's definitely a great news. I hope I wasn't too late in the party.Tongue out

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Haha not at all late Tongue out Thanks a lot Smile

CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

Best of Luck for you and your team in the World Championships. May you and the team bring pride to the country.

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks [Dunno your name] CyberKID Smile India's rank as a team last year was 7th, and thats actually the best rank, I think. But the team this year is really strong, Rishi (winner) was in UK for the past 2 years and I goofed up last year and didn't get through. So really hopeful that we can better that this time.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

PS better not goof up this year Yell I am kind of counting on the iPhone (solid one with iOS inside) from China

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I meant I goofed up at the Mumbai round itself last year Tongue out

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Congratulations, Prasanna! I remember to have replied in one of your threads early on, where you had asked for a suitable category for posting your blogs in IndiVine and it feels so great to be replying to this one today. Smile You certainly covered quite a long distance, in such a short span of time. It is absolutely WOW -> Kudos! Cool

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Arti Smile I remember that. Since, I've settled nicely enough into the "other sports" category. Tongue out

LockSign in to reply to this thread