How to get more than 1000 veiws per day on my beauty/fashion/lifestyle blog? HEL

sahana ramanand
sahana ramanand
from bangalore
10 years ago

Hello Everyone,

So I started my blog www.glamourjournals.com about 1 and a half months ago. The blog is about makeup product reviews, fashion advice, personal fashion photos and lifestyle. I write twice every week. I get about 100-200 veiws on the days I post new post and less than 100 veiws on the days I don't. I follow every advice on the internet about increasing veiws: I tweet about my posts, I facebook it, I instagram it, I go to other beauty communities and comment with my URL, I have joined various beauty comminities in FB and post there. Even after all that I get only about 200 veiws. Its disheartning because I really am passionate about what I write and I want more veiws. I am looking at putting adworks on my blog after 6 months but I really need more traffic for that. How can I get more?

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Shorya Bist
Shorya Bist
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi sahana ,

Sahana i think first you should have patience because it takes time. It is not a problem with you only,every blogger face this. You are lucky that you are having 200 views per day in only 2 months. When i look into my analytics back to intials i was pathetic.I use to get only 20 views a day but its now my 8 month and i am getting more than 70,000 views per day.I haven't done any magic, all i have done is -

Hard work, Smart WorkWink,Knowing technical things ( SEO and basic website funtionality), Online Marketing , Reader engagement ,Updated with all news about blogging, Consitensy, Patience, Giving Quality.

For getting traffic one should have patience. From my experience i think you should work on the quality and quantity as well  promoting it to people as you are doing from facebook & twitter and grow your network.Your niche is very interesting once you become brand people will follow you thats a rule of online business.

Cheers!

sahana ramanand
from bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Shorya. I guess I just have to have patience.

Shorya Bist
Shorya Bist
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Sorry its 70,000 per month and more than 2,500 per dayInnocent

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago

@Shorya-You had given me a shoock bro by stating 70K visits/day....

Shorya Bist
Shorya Bist
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Heheheeh no its per month ..

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

If you're passionate about it, why care about the views? Its your passion. Enjoy it. Cool

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ater checking out your site i feel you are woefully short of content, as per your archives till date you have posted only 15 posts. You cannot expect huge amt of traffic till you have substantial quality content...

At this moment even if you get 1000 views, sustaining that traffic would not be possible for you. It will only cause spikes. It requires a lot of exciting stuff plus an assurance of constant updation i.e. consistency and reliability. Building readership takes hell lot of time. 

I would suggest you to increase frequency and add some spicy stuff since you have got a blog related to glamour, Add nice pics of famous personalities (national and international)  in that sphere and their style and fashion tips and tricks. Also there are lots of events like fashion weeks, you may cover those events to attract more traffic. 

For monetization think out of box, ads just dont cut it......You can do some product reviews and promote some affiliate stuff. Cosmetic products... But first you must build an authority.

sahana ramanand
from bangalore
10 years ago

This is the most insightful veiw about my website yet in this post. Thanks for veiwing and analysing my blog Dr Pushkar. The tips are useful and makes complete sense!

There are only 15 post till date beacuse I launched my blog 1 and a half months ago with only 2 posts and I am building it as I am going. But you are right, it requires more content to attract more traffic. I will be posting more often now.

LockSign in to reply to this thread