We the Humorists

Aersh Danish
Aersh Danish
from Kolkata
10 years ago

May be true, may be not... but people often feel that in humour we lose the depth of our writings. I have often been told that, the post loses its seriousness and I should not make important things seem so trivial... that it is humour at the wrong place!

But I feel a Humorist has more depth to him/her than can be understoood by the masses. its in his/her sharp words that the real power lies.

What do you think?

Replies 1 to 2 of 2 Descending
Khushrav W
Khushrav W
from Mumbai
10 years ago

The same can be observed in script-writing whereby Satire movies indulge in humor and seriousness and try balancing those ingredients, so to speak. Other than that, it all depends upon the very topic you're writing on and maintaining a constant flow into the paraphrases. But then again, that's just my view.  

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
10 years ago

If I had a sense of Humur I'd be a bone setter.  Sorry that was just a femur attempt at ......

Personally I thhink that writing humour is serious business. You may have a great sense of humor, but capturing that in your writing takes skill and practice.   I like what one of my favourite writers, Wood Allen, has to say:

"Yes. I think if you have a comic perspective, almost anything that happens you tend to put through a comic filter. It’s a way of coping in the short term, but has no long term effect and requires constant, endless renewal. Hence people talk of comics who are “always on.” It’s like constantly drugging your sensibility so you can get by with less pain."

LockSign in to reply to this thread