Readership vs Traffic!

Aersh Danish
Aersh Danish
from Kolkata
10 years ago

As a new blogger, who joined indiblooger jus a few weeks back, I was pulled into this "hits" parade with SEOs and all the various ways to get loads of hits to your blog. 

But as someone who writes for the love of it, I find it all a bit confusing. Not that, I don't want people to read my blog... but I don't want people to just come because I am targetting more daily hits. I write for the feedback and while I get a good critique, I will be happy!

I am sure many of you face this situation.

WHEN DOES AMATEUR BLOGGER TURN PRO?

AT THE END WHAT MATTERS MORE - TRAFFIC OR FAN FOLLOWING?

Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
The Sorcerer
The Sorcerer
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Dont bother listening to SEO guys. Just do your thing, have a decent blog and well scripted theme with regular and relevant quality content in a proper host. A lot of these SEO guys say self hosted WP is better than blogger, but in all seriousness, Blogger is much better than a lot of those cheap shared servers whose IP addresses are shared with so many websites and if one turns out to be a bad content site, you're screwed. Most of these so-called SEO guys use automated blogging software which basically combines a lot of content, change the words and sentence structure and post them about 4-5 per week. Most of the things are repeated, obsolete, misguiding and also at times plain stupid. I can go and on, so can others. But honestly, don't bother about it. The idea is to attract people relevant to what you write- or else people will come only to take a glance and go back, which will drastically decrease average time spent on site and bounce rate.

LockSign in to reply to this thread