Adding pages for different niches to my blog

Sudhanshu Shekhar
Sudhanshu Shekhar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Hi,

I have been running a book review blog for a couple of months now (sudshekhar.blogspot.com)Now, I would like to post about several other topics to the same blog. Is there any way I can create another page linked to this blog via a tab and do it ? The other page should be just like the home page (so that I can post technology articles on that and my book reviews on this one).Thanks in advance :)

Replies 1 to 6 of 6 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

What you need is a navigational menu.  You can get one if you google navigational menu for blogger which you can easily implement if you know coding.  However if you dont know coding go for a navigational menu template 

Madhu Bhardwaj
from NOIDA
10 years ago
Thanks VP. I had the same question. Let me try to fix my all in one blog thali now.
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Welcome MB Smile

CyberKID
CyberKID
from India
10 years ago

I've been working on a few such things for my blog. You can make a page on your blog. Log in to your blogger account > Navigate to the blog you want to add a page on > On your blog's dashboard, Go the the third link Pages. Then you can add pages to your blog. Be informed that the pages will have a url like this: yourblog.blogspot.in/p/yourpagename.html.

I hope this screenshot will help you out.

I have been working on such a thing for quite some time for my blog. Have added a few menu buttons (using CSS) linking to some of my pages two days back. I am now looking on to have a somewhat better menu for my blog, and thus working on this plugin: http://www.designchemical.com/lab/jquery-mega-drop-down-menu-plugin/getting-started/. Needs some programming skills, atleast to understand the code. What does what?

Aditya Dey
Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Add suitable Label to your posts and after that add a navigational menu..you can ask me if u need any sort of helps in adding the navigational code to your template
Sudhanshu Shekhar
Sudhanshu Shekhar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Thanks VP :)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Welcome SudhanshuSmile

Sudhanshu Shekhar
Sudhanshu Shekhar
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

Another way to do this is to use the new page functionality. Choose Web Address and add the address of the label. (Eg if the label is books, tag all relevant posts with this and add the search URL to the new page area).

It works and is easy. No code required.

ps: The downside (?) is that on clicking the button, you are shown the page like a label search, and you get an option to see all posts.

You can check out my blog for a demo. (Click 'books' in the nav menu).

And thanks to all of you :)

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Well I think a drop down menu works much better as it gives visitors clear view of wht your blog offers.  But its ur choice anywaysWink

Dr Pushkar
Dr Pushkar
from Mumbai
10 years ago

What you need is subdomain...... Page wont let you add multiple posts. Your new posts on different topics will still be visible on blog/home page.

You wont get subdomains on blogger which will completely seperate your different topics.

Hybrid option is start different blogs on different topics and add tabs on your mainblog connecting different topics. But your user will be redirected to different blog everytime.

LockSign in to reply to this thread