Feedback required

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hey everyone,

Most of you probably know me and my line of work by now. For those of you who don't, I'm into Puzzles. This includes participating in competitions as a solver, but it also includes creating puzzles for competitions myself. Now, the next line I'm trying to pursue is teaching beginners about puzzles. 

I have plans of conducting workshops in schools. Obviously this would have to be of a very basic nature, and thats fine. But I'm also worried that there's a huge connection-gap between a person who is new to puzzles and a person who has competed at the world level. So I just need a little feedback about the way I explain. 

Recently the Indian Puzzle Championships were held, and in preparation for that, me and another Indian author (also a member here), Swaroop Guggilam, put together a PDF as practice, and I added solving tips. Here is the link for it - http://www.scribd.com/doc/158919079/Practice-4

If you could check a few puzzles in there, go to the solving tips (which are after the puzzles), and see if they helped, or provide some information on how I can improve it for better understanding, I'd really appreciate it. 

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Change of Category
Replies 1 to 1 of 1 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

@ Prasanna Can you tell how time time one will require to solve each of those puzzles. I glanced through the questions and solutions for some 10-15 minutes and got confused. ( I looked at the tips without trying Foot in mouth )

In Question J2, happy dots - Should there be just one white circle surrounding a black dot or can there be more than one, provided that one of them is diagonal to the black circle?

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Time to solve is a difficult concept, but some of these are admittedly medium-tough, which would mean it'd take a beginner maybe 5-15 minutes, hopefully, with the tips. It is fine if you look at the tips first, infact thats better since you can say if the tips helped to solve. 

There can be more than one, just that every white circle needs to be adjacent to one separate black circle if you make associations that way. As in, every dot has its "pairing"

LockSign in to reply to this thread