Playing Dead

Archana Joyce
Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

What is the longest stretch that you have gone without blogging?

What inspired you to come back?

Replies 1 to 20 of 20 Descending
Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I think the longest I have been away from blogging is 2 days when I was on a bus to Mangalore.  But daily I take rest from blogging from 3.00 am to 6.00 pm Smile

Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

Wow! That's as passionate as one can get!

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

after all Pro can't afford to sleep if he makes the mistake of choosing 'blogging' as his profession [grin]

Anunoy Samanta
Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

may be 6-8 months [precision error suspecting]

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

what is precision error suspecting?? another suspension of disbeliefInnocent

Shrikant
Shrikant
from Mumbai
10 years ago

A year!! November 2011 to November 2012 Laughing

Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

And Shrikant... what made you start again?

Shrikant
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nothing.. just a sudden urge to return to blogging.

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Last year when I started blogging I had a daily schedule. Then suddenly I "grew" and started working on sets for Contests, newspaper, magazines, etc. and still wanted to keep the daily schedule. All this while trying to keep my performance level up as a participant in other contests, and balancing academics with it too, and wanting to make sure I spend time with close friends too. Sleep and food were the only things I really forgot about. Pretty soon (Duh!) I faced a burnout, had a few nasty illnesses and just stopped almost everything, for a month. I think thats my longest time away. Thankfully I've learnt to manage my time better since. 

While my blog isn't your normal everyday blog, its still a lesson on not taking up too many things and working a low schedule so that you don't get forced out of it.

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

You're doing a 'clap clap clap' deserving job dude [really!]

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

PS - Wow I'm still struggling. I started way back in 2010. I'm running my 4th blog now. Closed the first 3. 

TF Carthick
TF Carthick
from Bangalore
10 years ago

4 months - Nov 2010 to Feb 2011

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Even though I am around 5 months old in the blogging world, I have played dead for 15 days Sealed The amusing thing was, I wasn't off the forum and IndiTalk during that time Sealed I wonder what that says about my dedication toward my blog Innocent

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

I remember the tv-series Small Wonder [wink]

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Eh? I didn't get you AS Innocent

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

it's nothing to understand as such... just you can google to see what was small wonder all about...

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

AS, I used to watch Small Wonder when I was a kid. My question was, what has that got to do with my playing dead. Innocent

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

pardon me i too dont know... your situation reminded of of that tv-serial for unknown reason [oops!]

Prasanna Rao
Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I was off blogging for around 6 months from Feb '12 to July '12 when my daughter was born. I returned back because I found a new love-writing fiction. With the hectic schedule at work and looking after a baby back home, it's becoming increasingly difficult to write regularly Frown

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

hats off Prasanna [pardon me for my inappropriate giggle, when I call Prasanna I can first think of the puzzle-man PS]

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Keep the momentum going, Prasanna! Smile

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Now I'm getting confused, which reply is for my post and which reply is for PR's post. We should have a pact, only one Prasanna comments per topic or something Tongue out

Prasanna Rao
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Story of my life Cry My name has always been confused to be a guy's nameUndecided

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Though I don't remember exactly the longest stretch that I went without blogging but yes, there have definitely been a few blogging breaks for me. Thankfully, my blogging friends, my travels and my wish to share my travel experiences with other travel lovers has always kept me inspired to keep blogging. Smile

Anunoy Samanta
from Bardhaman
10 years ago

Yup....

and Congratsssssss Art on your new dot com!!! [smile]

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Congrats Art Tongue out

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Longest was like 3 years back when i used to post once in 6 Months (mainly because of Procarstination), I still post once in two-three Months and expect my Blog to be popular (mainly because of Laziness). still figuring out how i can be a full time Blogger!! Cool

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

LOL Sealed

DS
DS
from Mumbai
10 years ago
From Nov'22 2009 - Jan'20 2011 I did not do a single post. Then in the next 80 days or so I published about 70 posts! The Cricket World Cup'2013 was the tournament which ignited the fire of blogging again in me.
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Wow...that's impressive.

Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

That's an impressive blogging rate!

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I was in exile from December 2005 to May 2008! My blog never saw me. 

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

:-O

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I am always in semi permanent exile. Undecided

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

u are in exhile between indicontestsLaughingTongue out

Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

Ha ha... the smiley says it all!

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Undecided

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Are you undecided whether the undecided smiley says it all about your decided stance about undecidedness?

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Undecided

Archana Joyce
Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

My blog has been silent for more than a week now :( 

Mounting work at home and office have not let me come a mile near my blog. Let's see how things go next week

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

i take part in various prompts everywhere...my blog hardly gets to sleep these daysUndecidedCool

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

2 months .. These days I do not blog as frequently as I used to do. On any given time, I do not blog consistently, more in bursts and sprints. 

Ritu KT
Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

I hate having routines and being 'consistent'. I do stuff when the inspiration strikes. I would love to be regular though, only if my muse stays strong with me! I had a blog for a few months and then ditched it for over a year and then started the current one

Bushra M
Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

2 weeks!...i can't imagine staying away from blogging more than that period of time!Smile

Bhavya Kaushik
Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Almost two and a half years :)

Something happened, so I deleted the blog and instead wrote a novel about that! Got it published and it somehow got the title of a national bestseller (I still wonder how or why, lol)

What inspired me to come back? Uhm, the reason is simple. I wasn't over with writing. I wasn't done just merely with a novel. Writing saved me, in every possible way a person can be saved :)

Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

That's wonderful! I have a lot of respect for novelists. Can't seem to keep a clear line of thought myself, so hats off to you :)

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Yes, sometimes writing does saves your sanity.

Bhavya Kaushik
from Jaipur
10 years ago

Thank you, Archana ma'am :)

I absolutely second that Fairy ma'am :)

jaynth busi
jaynth busi
from guntur
10 years ago

Whole of 2012.... actually, I was away as I didnot have an internet connection.. :/

Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

Wow... a whole year? Are you happy to be back?

Subroto
Subroto
from Brisbane
10 years ago

I started blogging in 2005, just a few posts.  Didn't blog in 2007 and 2009. Work/other commitments/lack of interest, so many other variables.  I've tried to be a bit more regular since Sept 2012 inspite of a hectic work schedule.  I guess I want to write a little more than just posting a few lines.  Something that satisfies me and makes me happy with what I've done.  Though sometimes I cringe at my words.  Would love to get feedback but it's a jungle out there and irregular bloggers like me barely get any.

Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

As long as you are doing something that makes you happy I see no reason to push yourself to write when you are not inspired :)

Blogger review threads are slow and people hardly reply, but when they do, they give you some great tips and honest advice. Maybe you can get your blog reviewed there Smile

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
10 years ago

I had started blogging in 2007 just to jot down myriad feelinds via poems and stories. Wasn't a regular blogger, this went on till 2010. Then I stopped, for three years as I had lost the motivation. I used to write, but not on a blog. 

Moved to a new city in the beginning of 2013, dabbled this and that in a troubled career spanning 3 years, and one fine day in January, I decided to collate all my previous posts and revamp my blogs, in English and Bangla. Of course, the inspiration this time had been a few fellow bloggers, loved their work and wanted to do much more. 

Archana Joyce
from Chennai
10 years ago

Priyanks, I read some of your posts, they are very intersting. Love your choice of books too :)

Priyanka Roy Banerjee
from Pune
10 years ago

Thanks a lot Archana, for dropping by! 

LockSign in to reply to this thread