Zero Followers discourage me!

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I admit I have not been that regular on my blog, as some would call it "Sleeping" blog, though after joining Indiblogger I am quite enthusiastic about my passion once again, being a full time content writer I seldom get time to do what I love doing the most, and having ZERO followers is really awful feeling Frown.

Edited 10 years ago
Reason: Unknowingly used SSP before
Replies 1 to 8 of 8 Descending
Ash
Ash
from Doha
10 years ago

Now no more Zero/.................... :) 

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hahaha, just saw my blog had a follower, Overwhelmed (yes at least i have a follower now) :D   Seriously thanks a lot!!

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

P.S love what you have done with your Blog and loved the music too, I hope you had a google Translate Wizard installed in your Blog Plugin.

Stagg Mann
Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
10 years ago

I have 11 followers on Blogger and about 25 on FB after 10 months and about 20 posts. Its not much but it is something. And my GA shows a lot more returning visitors. So my point being dont lose hope, the no. of followers is not an exactmetric of the actual no. of followers you have.

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thanks, Yeah after coming to IndiBlogger my hopes are certainly raised!!

Fairy Princess
Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago
Lol...I too have zero followers. May be I should change my pic to sexier one to attract follower ship as some bloggers say! And may be you should too :P
Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

Laughing do it fast pankti..a hottie paragliding babe and see how visitors flood ur blogWink

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

change my pic

First upload a profile picture for IB. Tongue out

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

No matter how hard I try I never get a "sexy" profile picture. Frown looks like i have to manage with just one follower now.. or maybe i should start using Cosmetics Cool

Sfurti Juztamom
from Mumbai
10 years ago

ND I agree, Pankti we need a hot pic of you now!!

Shantanu I don't know what the word follower means, I don't have anyone who has subscribed to my blog either. But I do get readers basis the topic of my post.

Just chill, try and read other blogs of your interest. Gradually it will pick up!

And do think about the sexy pic, I have been told it works well Wink

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Yeah, I should update my pic after cropping and morphing and what not but feeling too lazy to do that. I guess I will have to make do with 0 followers Cool

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

See Pankti: this is the reason we people have no followers.. :P

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Yeah Shantanu, I guess so CryCryCryCry

Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

It depends on Bloggers on whether they want to visit a blog or follow it. Let me cite an example here "I see a website on Photography tips shared by a friend of mine on Facebook" my friend has like 1600 friends, still no one visits it (concluding that people visit and follow those sites which they really want to), promoting anything is our task and why not, we like getting followers and regular readers so that we are motivated to do something even if it has almost zero profit. It's internet, now not every forum will have "Caution: visit and follow at your own risk" warning signs. people need to use their conscience at times. By the way it was not a total Shameless self Promotion, i felt a bit of shame while posting it. LOL  anyways I hope i don't be a part of any criticism here, will try to refrain from shamelessly self promoting my blog.. :D Cheers again!!

i feel the same. sometimes its like you put in your heart .. and write and write and then when there are no comments or any views. it is disheartening. 

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

True That!! Smile

Stagg Mann
from Stagg Landd
10 years ago

True, but the thing is, its a chain reaction. Getting from 0 to 10 followers is harder than from 10 to 20, and 10-20 is harder than 20-30, meaning that the growth is exponential and easier as you go along.

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Shantanu when I started blogging I had nill followers/likes/friends on indi, Google+ and Facebook.  As you Aditi rightly pointed out I also was very sad when I didnt get a response for my posts.  But slowly over the time of six months I have build up nice friends on all three networks.    Content is the key bro, everybody likes good content and once you have that you will be surprised at the votes/likes/+ you will get.  Another thing to note is that consistency is also very important.  You can select a niche which you can post daily on your blog.  This make you blog live and in the memory of others.

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Thank You so much for the feedback Vijay, really appreciate it (BTW when i mentioned "ffedback" above I meant the same you just provided)

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Hi Shantanu,

You have a neat blog and I loved your write up on the Vatican, congratulations! Smile

As far as followers are concerned - Along with good content, you should also look out for ways to market your content and then try and mantain a balance amongst the two. To be encouraged, you need to encourage others. Reach out to people, leave genuine comments, follow blogs that you like. This way, people who like your blog will follow you back and leave comments on your content as well. That is how you gradually build a network and grow in a community and it takes time, so you need a lot of patience. It's like a boomerang - you can't expect something to come to you if you don't thrown it around in the first place. Wink All the best!

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Bomerang! LOL!

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Genuine comment eh?

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

boomerang = backscratching ( most of the times )Wink

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Arti: EGG XACTLY Smile  and yeah  "self promotions" and all are done in various levels. people should follow their own code of ethics in Blogging, some think that advertising is good (again there are numerous ways to advertise and promote) whereas some think they know everything and can preach about it too!! What i personally feel is "we do what we want to". people should not make facebook pages in he name of their blog and then share links, but that is what helps them reach their targeted audience and after all it's the content in the blog that can promote it, self promotion can give you a one time traffic but not genuine readers. Happy Sustainable Blogging :D

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Shantanu You're right. To get noticed, one needs to immerse oneself in a community, any community. This is what I feel. Everyone is a nobody when they start out. One can't expect people to come and read their blog if they are not reaching out to them in the first place. Commenting, social media engagement and then that hope of reciprocation is all a part of this "getting readership and attracting audience" game, at least till that stage when you build a name for yourself such that you no longer need any of these anymore.

True, it requires a lot of hard work, dedication, passion and commitment to reach the higher stages and so many bloggers burn out in this phase itself. As you said, it is important to keep working towards it, the path does not matter, so long as it does not hurt your conscience, it's good. What's good about it is that eventually, you have the complete freedom to build your community -- in the 'right way' because there is no dearth of incredible people out there who share your interests, are waiting to read you, support you and also help you out.

Prasanna Seshadri
Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I don't have many followers too. I wanna be disappointed, and I really try to be, but I just can't Cry Why must I be so happy with everything?? Cry

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Because you get published in newspapers Tongue out

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago

My content gets published in only 1 newspaper Tongue out My face isn't as important.

Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

at least you get published somewhere Prasanna, i get published only on my own blog and the worst part is I do it all myself Yell

Fairy Princess
from Delhi
10 years ago

Shantanu, same pinch Yell

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

But Pras you are not a normal human being so u neednt worry about the followers etc

Ritu KT
from New Delhi
10 years ago

Prasanna - Only one newspaper? YellYellYellYellYell 

Nandini Deka
from Bombay
10 years ago

{{But Pras you are not a normal human being{{

he is alien?Cool

Prasanna Seshadri
from Bangalore
10 years ago