how does one get insane number of views??

okay, being new to blogging i'm still figuring out ways to increase views. not that i'm looking to make money out of it.. just curious to write to make a change for myself i guess :)

Replies 1 to 5 of 5 Descending
Shantanu Banerjee
Shantanu Banerjee
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Effective SEO maybe, try free SEO software, search them on google, be regular, I hope it will work Gradually. Cool

thank you for the reply :) just looking at the softwares now. 

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

What type of seo softwares are you talking about?

Hemal Shah
Hemal Shah
from Mumbai
10 years ago

I think since you are a beginner, your sole focus should be on Content.. remember that only Content can catapult your blog to the top.

i shall do that Hemal :) thanks

Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

First fact to accept : It is very very difficult for personal bloggers to get traffic as high as tech and other bloggers - the simple reason is that people search for gadgets, beauty products etc on Google but not for short stories, poems, memoirs etc.

3000-5000 visitors per month is a good amount of traffic for personal blogs. But even more important thing is the amount of time they spend on the site. Use Google Analytics for tracking these things. It is better and more accurate than Blogger Stats.

More than seo, here are other things ( follow only those things which you are comfortable with - If you don't like them, simply don't follow ) which help you increase your traffic ( for Personal Blogs ) :

• Frequently read others' blogs and giving honest comments on their posts ( if you have enough time ) . This helps you make friends in the blogging community.
  • Reply to the comments on your blog.
  • Share your posts on facebook, twitter and Google+. To make people follow you on these platforms, post something more than just your blog post links. For example - on Twitter - you can post your original quotes.
  • Spend time on IndiBlogger and other similar communities and interact with others. This helps you get noticed and others may visit your blog.
  • Post frequently - I consider 1 post /week to be an ideal frequency. ( The definition of ideal varies from person to person ) But don't force yourself to maintain some predetermined frequency. It's better not to post anything than post something not good. 
  • If you are ok with it, participate in contests like IB contests, BlogAdda WOW, haiku challenges etc. These too bring traffic ( not huge but good enough ) 

All the above are very basic suggestions. There aren't anything like advanced tips to increases traffic for personal blogs ( without drifting away from your original style of writing )

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Forgot to mention about Content - Hemal answered your questions in the best possssible way using a single word. Smile

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Agree with Hemal. Content should be your only top priority for now. Build on it and forget about the views right now, we have all been through your phase, it's every beginner's phase. So don't worry about it and keep blogging, Google shall do it's work along the way! Smile

Purnendu
Purnendu
from Pune
10 years ago

By writing an insane number of quality posts :)

LockSign in to reply to this thread