Sudden Drop in Blog Traffic

Sangeeta
Sangeeta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Hello, 

Mine is a 4 month old blog on wordpress.com which was receiving decent traffic through Google search engine until about 10 days ago. Suddenly I noticed that the traffic has gone down to almost zero. I also realised that a browser with Alexa Toolbar installed is not passing the search engine data and also not updating the views in the Stats Dashboard. All help and inputs to solve this is much appreciated. 

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Vishal Verma
Vishal Verma
from Bangalore
10 years ago

alexa update takes time...  

Sangeeta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thank You

Vijay Prabhu
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

You use Alexa to track visitors Yell  Use Google Analytics to track them, follow the other thread opened today to check the methods.  PIM me if you want help

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
VP-What is PIM? Brother of VIM?? @sangeeta- As Vishal mentioned alexa takes some time to update, and their stats too are v much biased..use GAT to track
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Aditya you shld be a little tech savvy I guess PIM is a slang for mail me K please ensure you read the message correctly bro

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Can u plz elaborate the full form of 'PIM' for me plz? Sorry for not being such a tech savvy like you bro...Kidding (NOTE: I said that on a v lighter tone, so don't get me wrong)
Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Nope bro no offence taken :)

Aditya Dey
from Kolkata
10 years ago
Dats like a gud bro :-)
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

vim editor? Tongue out  I hate it. Undecided

Sangeeta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks Vijay. I am sending you a message

Bushra M
from Bangalore
10 years ago

I think by 'PIM' Vijay meant 'Please IndiMail' me :D am i right Vijay?Foot in mouth

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Haha Bush nice one Wink

Monu Alagh
Monu Alagh
from Ambala
10 years ago

Hello sangeeta if you start self hosted websites.. either you add jetpack plugin to track your visitors... or add analytics code either via plugin or above </head>(in header.php)file... and there is another website which helps you to track your visitor ie statscounter.com... enjoy blogging... 

Thanks...

Sangeeta
from Bangalore
10 years ago

Thanks. Mine is a free one. I am planning to go on to a self hosted one. 

LockSign in to reply to this thread