How todays popular post works!

Abhishek Pandey
Abhishek Pandey
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

M new to this Indiblogger so if my post(doubt) is repeating I beg your pardens. Actually what I have notices on average if any post gets 22-24 likes(promotions) minimum then it appears in todays popular blog post. I have few of post which are 24-28 likes(promotions) still my blog not become popular for a single day. I'm guessing on that particular day only that post should get more likes then only if next day then it won't displayed. Correct me if I'm wrong.Little help regarding how it works will be appriciated.

Replies 1 to 3 of 3 Descending
Ranjith
Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

I think it works like this :

IndiVine votes which were posted in the past 24 hours and got the maximum number of likes are featured there.

Vijay Prabhu
from Mumbai
10 years ago

Ranjith even I had this doubt what happen if I loose a popular post tag and then receive votes, will it come back on the section ??

Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago

@Vijay If you had posted in IndiVine during the last 24 hours -Yes!

Arti
Arti
from Mumbai
10 years ago
  • Posts with max. number of votes in the last 24 hours get featured on the home page.
  • A popular post is removed from the home page as soon as it crooses the 24 hour mark.
  • Only those posts which have been posted within the last 24 hours can make it to the home page. Once you cross the 24 hr mark threshhold your post can never make it to the home page and if it is already there, then it will be removed and will then be visible only in the IndiVine page.

So, for ex. if you posted today at 8 a.m. and you manage to bag a total of say, 24 votes (within 24 hours) and suppose 23 is the number of indivine votes for the last popular post on the home page... then, that post will be removed and you will take its place on the last spot. As you garner more votes you can climb up the home page ladder. Remember, all this valid, for 24 hours only.

Abhishek Pandey
Abhishek Pandey
from Hyderabad
10 years ago

@arti and Ranjith: Thanks lot for clearing the doubt.

Ranjith
from hyderabad
10 years ago

Laughing

LockSign in to reply to this thread